Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 04:33 AM

But thanks for believing it to be in such large numbers! I've been enjoying the shit out of this album for 3 days now. This is easily the best TOOL album to date in my opinion. The band is more together than they've ever been, and they've once again gone in a completely new direction artistically. However, if you don't like it, you're entitled to your opinion. I have a feeling that most of you, once the reality sinks in, will accept the album for what it is and truly begin to absorb it. However, if you're so set on it being a hoax...thanks! Do you know how hard obtaining tickets is going to be? While all of you douche bags are talking in circles trying to figure out where TOOL went wrong, I'll be buying your tickets and enjoying the hell out of their live show.

My only question is, if you don't like the album, why are you wasting your time posting? You have the right, don't get me wrong. It just seems that propelling negative thoughts and creating discussions about why something sucks is a bad way to get out your frustrations. Other people are bound to agree with you no matter what you say; it doesn't make you any more or less right, even though it might feel like it does. Maybe it's just me, but if I really didn't enjoy an album, I probably just wouldn't listen to it, or even think about it for that matter.

If it's a matter of feeling let down, you have no one to blame but yourself. TOOL never do much to market themselves, you buttholes do all the work for them. If you didn't get what you expected, maybe you shouldn't have been expecting anything. Some sunlight would do some of you a whole lot of good.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5
The CD is NOT a Hoax...

But thanks for believing it to be in such large numbers! I've been enjoying the shit out of this album for 3 days now. This is easily the best TOOL album to date in my opinion. The band is more together than they've ever been, and they've once again gone in a completely new direction artistically. However, if you don't like it, you're entitled to your opinion. I have a feeling that most of you, once the reality sinks in, will accept the album for what it is and truly begin to absorb it. However, if you're so set on it being a hoax...thanks! Do you know how hard obtaining tickets is going to be? While all of you douche bags are talking in circles trying to figure out where TOOL went wrong, I'll be buying your tickets and enjoying the hell out of their live show.

My only question is, if you don't like the album, why are you wasting your time posting? You have the right, don't get me wrong. It just seems that propelling negative thoughts and creating discussions about why something sucks is a bad way to get out your frustrations. Other people are bound to agree with you no matter what you say; it doesn't make you any more or less right, even though it might feel like it does. Maybe it's just me, but if I really didn't enjoy an album, I probably just wouldn't listen to it, or even think about it for that matter.

If it's a matter of feeling let down, you have no one to blame but yourself. TOOL never do much to market themselves, you buttholes do all the work for them. If you didn't get what you expected, maybe you shouldn't have been expecting anything. Some sunlight would do some of you a whole lot of good.
OFFLINE |  
Nikola Petrovic's Avatar Nikola Petrovic
04-20-2006, 04:35 AM

ive got tickets

and im wasting my time posting just like you are wasting your time caring.
edit:

My friend has a brother, and his brother wears a necklace with a cross (a big one)
my friend asks him why he wears it. He answers "because it reminds me of something" So my friend tells him, then why are you wearing it on the outside of your clothes, if it only reminds you? Shouldnt it be closer to your heart? After wearing it like that for a while he got bored with it, because noone asked about it.

get it?

Last edited by Nikola Petrovic; 04-20-2006 at 04:42 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 04:35 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 5505
Re: The CD is NOT a Hoax...

ive got tickets

and im wasting my time posting just like you are wasting your time caring.
edit:

My friend has a brother, and his brother wears a necklace with a cross (a big one)
my friend asks him why he wears it. He answers "because it reminds me of something" So my friend tells him, then why are you wearing it on the outside of your clothes, if it only reminds you? Shouldnt it be closer to your heart? After wearing it like that for a while he got bored with it, because noone asked about it.

get it?

Last edited by Nikola Petrovic; 04-20-2006 at 04:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
tooljunky
04-20-2006, 04:39 AM

I agree, I just dont get it. I've been reading here for a while and its odd whats going on? So many dissapointed people when in fact, the album rocks, the band is tighter then ever, the songs are different and unique.

I think this is the new fan base who joined us after lateralus but I could be wrong, I just dont get it all.
TOOL did NOT put out a hoax album, and if they did, the real would have leaked by now.

Not too mention, they would not have put the single on the hoax.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I agree, I just dont get it. I've been reading here for a while and its odd whats going on? So many dissapointed people when in fact, the album rocks, the band is tighter then ever, the songs are different and unique.

I think this is the new fan base who joined us after lateralus but I could be wrong, I just dont get it all.
TOOL did NOT put out a hoax album, and if they did, the real would have leaked by now.

Not too mention, they would not have put the single on the hoax.
OFFLINE |  
inks's Avatar inks
04-20-2006, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetery Shindig
This is easily the best TOOL album to date in my opinion.
really? that's very surprising.
Quote:
My only question is, if you don't like the album, why are you wasting your time posting? You have the right, don't get me wrong. It just seems that propelling negative thoughts and creating discussions about why something sucks is a bad way to get out your frustrations.
it's really quite simple, i'm amazed that you couldn't possibly figure this one out.
they're a favourite band of, probably, everyone on this forum.
they produce a record - so we discuss it. is that concept so difficult to understand? right.
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but if I really didn't enjoy an album, I probably just wouldn't listen to it, or even think about it for that matter.
yes.. i guess it must be.
when you've been in anticipation of your favourite band releasing their first album in five years, a follow up to one of the most incomprehensibly brilliant albums of all time, you tend to 'think about it' after you've heard it.
you tend to form an opinion - it happens by default when you've experienced/listened to something.
Quote:
If it's a matter of feeling let down, you have no one to blame but yourself. TOOL never do much to market themselves, you buttholes do all the work for them. If you didn't get what you expected, maybe you shouldn't have been expecting anything.
they produce wonderful music. fact.
after a certain period of consistently excellent releases, a band establishes a certain 'standard'. a quality of sound which isn't supposed to devolve and become less sophisticated/enjoyable to listen to with subsequent releases..i'm not entirely sure how can you consider writing that, and imagine it carries any weight. all it tells me is that you are a moron, really.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:20 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
This is easily the best TOOL album to date in my opinion.
Quote:
My only question is, if you don't like the album, why are you wasting your time posting? You have the right, don't get me wrong. It just seems that propelling negative thoughts and creating discussions about why something sucks is a bad way to get out your frustrations.
it's really quite simple, i'm amazed that you couldn't possibly figure this one out.
they produce a record - so we discuss it. is that concept so difficult to understand? right.
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but if I really didn't enjoy an album, I probably just wouldn't listen to it, or even think about it for that matter.
when you've been in anticipation of your favourite band releasing their first album in five years, a follow up to one of the most incomprehensibly brilliant albums of all time, you tend to 'think about it' after you've heard it.
you tend to form an opinion - it happens by default when you've experienced/listened to something.
Quote:
If it's a matter of feeling let down, you have no one to blame but yourself. TOOL never do much to market themselves, you buttholes do all the work for them. If you didn't get what you expected, maybe you shouldn't have been expecting anything.
after a certain period of consistently excellent releases, a band establishes a certain 'standard'. a quality of sound which isn't supposed to devolve and become less sophisticated/enjoyable to listen to with subsequent releases..i'm not entirely sure how can you consider writing that, and imagine it carries any weight. all it tells me is that you are a moron, really.
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inks

Are you really trying to argue that saying something sucks is beneficial? It doesn't help anything. It's not going to make a new album exist. I'm not saying don't discuss it. I'm saying conspiracy theories are idiotic. And i clearly stated you're welcome to your opinion, we ARE on an opinion forum. You can say it blows in any way shape or form, but to think that creating negative energy will HELP anything is what makes YOU a moron. I'm not trying to strip you of your opinion, but I do find it hard to believe that you and anyone else who says that album sucks really think you've taken in all there is to take in from it. It's only been a few days.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Are you really trying to argue that saying something sucks is beneficial? It doesn't help anything. It's not going to make a new album exist. I'm not saying don't discuss it. I'm saying conspiracy theories are idiotic. And i clearly stated you're welcome to your opinion, we ARE on an opinion forum. You can say it blows in any way shape or form, but to think that creating negative energy will HELP anything is what makes YOU a moron. I'm not trying to strip you of your opinion, but I do find it hard to believe that you and anyone else who says that album sucks really think you've taken in all there is to take in from it. It's only been a few days.
OFFLINE |  
D-Day_Daddy's Avatar D-Day_Daddy
04-20-2006, 05:48 AM

Okay, I'll adimit, I was all into this hoax thing for a while. Now that the album leaked, well I don't think the album is a hoax. But, is this the album that has been spoken about for the past year and a half? If this is indeed that Album, fine. But if it is instead a collection of unreleased material, than it is still not a hoax, it's a new release. I think that something is up, Amazon has no track list, and for an album being 11 days from dropping the band is very quiet. It's almost as though they don't want to waste a whole lot of resources on promoting this thing. Even the friggin' DJ's are giving almost no information on album. They talk all day about Pearl Jam and RHCP. It just seems odd that after all this anticipation it comes down to this anti-climactic ending.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Okay, I'll adimit, I was all into this hoax thing for a while. Now that the album leaked, well I don't think the album is a hoax. But, is this the album that has been spoken about for the past year and a half? If this is indeed that Album, fine. But if it is instead a collection of unreleased material, than it is still not a hoax, it's a new release. I think that something is up, Amazon has no track list, and for an album being 11 days from dropping the band is very quiet. It's almost as though they don't want to waste a whole lot of resources on promoting this thing. Even the friggin' DJ's are giving almost no information on album. They talk all day about Pearl Jam and RHCP. It just seems odd that after all this anticipation it comes down to this anti-climactic ending.
04-20-2006, 05:48 AM

Its not a hoax?
NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

Its not a hoax?
NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocooltool
Its not a hoax?
NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
...what? Look around in this section, there are at least five well populated threads suggesting it IS a hoax, hence this thread...
Old 04-20-2006, 05:51 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocooltool
Its not a hoax?
NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
...what? Look around in this section, there are at least five well populated threads suggesting it IS a hoax, hence this thread...
OFFLINE |  
inks's Avatar inks
04-20-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Are you really trying to argue that saying something sucks is beneficial? It doesn't help anything.
you seem to have lost your grasp on the basic concept of a 'discussion'.
beneficial to what? and why does it have to be?
this is a place to air our ideas and what we think about what we've heard.
also - speaking personally, i haven't bluntly stated 'it sucks', at all.
i've said that as an album it's mediocre, and doesn't flow.
I think wings is an excellent song.
Quote:
It's not going to make a new album exist. I'm not saying don't discuss it. I'm saying conspiracy theories are idiotic.
keeping in mind that this is Tool - renound for messing with their fans, and all of the evidence to suggest that this isn't the complete album, disscussing possibilities and likelihoods is FINE. THIS is largely what the forum is for.
Quote:
You can say it blows in any way shape or form, but to think that creating negative energy will HELP anything is what makes YOU a moron.
well, i addressed this redundant point earlier in this post.
Quote:
but I do find it hard to believe that you and anyone else who says that album sucks really think you've taken in all there is to take in from it. It's only been a few days.
nah, sorry. it's a long way from possessing the complexities of Lateralus that took numerous listens to appreciate. There is no magic to unlock here.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:53 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Are you really trying to argue that saying something sucks is beneficial? It doesn't help anything.
Quote:
It's not going to make a new album exist. I'm not saying don't discuss it. I'm saying conspiracy theories are idiotic.
keeping in mind that this is Tool - renound for messing with their fans, and all of the evidence to suggest that this isn't the complete album, disscussing possibilities and likelihoods is FINE. THIS is largely what the forum is for.
Quote:
You can say it blows in any way shape or form, but to think that creating negative energy will HELP anything is what makes YOU a moron.
Quote:
but I do find it hard to believe that you and anyone else who says that album sucks really think you've taken in all there is to take in from it. It's only been a few days.
nah, sorry. it's a long way from possessing the complexities of Lateralus that took numerous listens to appreciate. There is no magic to unlock here.
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:01 AM

Quote:

TOOL is a band. They are not magicians. They make music, they don't rule the world. They are not gods, they are human beings. As such, regardless of what they've done in the past, their actions are completely and utterly unpredictable. Seeing as they've done the whole fake tracklist thing before, do you really think they'd repeat themselves, or, worse, take the same idea one step further? I don't care how much money they have; they're sane, rational human beings and there's no way in hell they'd waste money creating a 'fake' album just to toy with their teenage fans. You do realize that's what you are, right? You're a teenage fan. YOU are not TOOl's main concern. They're not making music for YOU. And they're certainly not making FAKE music for YOU as a means of diverting your attention from the REAL music they didn't make for YOU.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

TOOL is a band. They are not magicians. They make music, they don't rule the world. They are not gods, they are human beings. As such, regardless of what they've done in the past, their actions are completely and utterly unpredictable. Seeing as they've done the whole fake tracklist thing before, do you really think they'd repeat themselves, or, worse, take the same idea one step further? I don't care how much money they have; they're sane, rational human beings and there's no way in hell they'd waste money creating a 'fake' album just to toy with their teenage fans. You do realize that's what you are, right? You're a teenage fan. YOU are not TOOl's main concern. They're not making music for YOU. And they're certainly not making FAKE music for YOU as a means of diverting your attention from the REAL music they didn't make for YOU.
OFFLINE |  
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-20-2006, 06:06 AM

Really this forum should close for like a couple of months in order for people to take this all in. Apart from Vicarious, right in two and the pot ive only listened to this album once through, my initial reaction was wow that was complex, that keep me occupied till the next Tool album, i honestly couldnt fathom how tracks like wings 1 and 2, rossetta stoned fitted together structure wise or whether they even had one so to speak, I was blown away but there is no way i will know whether its good or bad (although i love the tracks ive heard a few times) for at least a few weeks
Old 04-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Really this forum should close for like a couple of months in order for people to take this all in. Apart from Vicarious, right in two and the pot ive only listened to this album once through, my initial reaction was wow that was complex, that keep me occupied till the next Tool album, i honestly couldnt fathom how tracks like wings 1 and 2, rossetta stoned fitted together structure wise or whether they even had one so to speak, I was blown away but there is no way i will know whether its good or bad (although i love the tracks ive heard a few times) for at least a few weeks
OFFLINE |  
inks's Avatar inks
04-20-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
heh, i'll just quote this and wait for it to be released.
wish i could bump this thread May 1st, unfortunately i'll be on holiday
Old 04-20-2006, 06:11 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Nice, I hope you go somewhere warm where people have discovered the tooth brush.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:14 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Nice, I hope you go somewhere warm where people have discovered the tooth brush.
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I don't care how much money they have; they're sane, rational human beings and there's no way in hell they'd waste money creating a 'fake' album just to toy with their teenage fans. You do realize that's what you are, right? You're a teenage fan. YOU are not TOOl's main concern. They're not making music for YOU. And they're certainly not making FAKE music for YOU as a means of diverting your attention from the REAL music they didn't make for YOU.
I seems that people are not getting what I beleive to be a reasonable possiblity. This album that has leaked out, very mysteriously I might add, is going to be sold. It is going to make the band money. I and a million or so others are going to buy it. But with all the odd things going on, and nothing definate or concrete, this MAY not be the release that we have been waiting for. There's no new website, excepct that weak ass Sony/BMG thing. When Tool does something, they do it big. Up to now, nothing remotely big has happend. Hell Blair didn't even say anything about the single hitting airwaves on the day it hit airwaves. Other than a possible criptic three line post on APRIL 1ST, we would have gotten nothing from the officail site about the single being put out. Why are people refusing to think Tool would do something no other band has done before? I'm not saying that I would bet any money on this "decoy theory", because chances are I'd lose. But I'm going to keep my eyes open for that something big. Oh, and I think the only thing being released by Tool on May 2 is 10,00 Days, the one that leaked, but we'll get info on that day for what's next. That's my idea. Tool loses no money, they get to pull a great prank on the entire world, and we get more than one Tool release in less then five years. If I'm right we all win!

Last edited by D-Day_Daddy; 04-20-2006 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 06:24 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I don't care how much money they have; they're sane, rational human beings and there's no way in hell they'd waste money creating a 'fake' album just to toy with their teenage fans. You do realize that's what you are, right? You're a teenage fan. YOU are not TOOl's main concern. They're not making music for YOU. And they're certainly not making FAKE music for YOU as a means of diverting your attention from the REAL music they didn't make for YOU.
I seems that people are not getting what I beleive to be a reasonable possiblity. This album that has leaked out, very mysteriously I might add, is going to be sold. It is going to make the band money. I and a million or so others are going to buy it. But with all the odd things going on, and nothing definate or concrete, this MAY not be the release that we have been waiting for. There's no new website, excepct that weak ass Sony/BMG thing. When Tool does something, they do it big. Up to now, nothing remotely big has happend. Hell Blair didn't even say anything about the single hitting airwaves on the day it hit airwaves. Other than a possible criptic three line post on APRIL 1ST, we would have gotten nothing from the officail site about the single being put out. Why are people refusing to think Tool would do something no other band has done before? I'm not saying that I would bet any money on this "decoy theory", because chances are I'd lose. But I'm going to keep my eyes open for that something big. Oh, and I think the only thing being released by Tool on May 2 is 10,00 Days, the one that leaked, but we'll get info on that day for what's next. That's my idea. Tool loses no money, they get to pull a great prank on the entire world, and we get more than one Tool release in less then five years. If I'm right we all win!

Last edited by D-Day_Daddy; 04-20-2006 at 06:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Day_Daddy
I seems that people are not getting what I beleive to be a reasonable possiblity. This album that has leaked out, very mysteriously I might add, is going to be sold. It is going to make the band money. I and a million or so others are buy it. But with all the odd things going on, and nothing definate or concrete, this MAY not be the release that we have been waiting for. There's no new website, eepct that weak ass Sony/BMG thing. When Tool does something, they do it big. Up to now, nothing remotely big has happend. Hell Blair didn't even sa anything about the single hitting airwaves on the day it hit airwaves. Other than a possible criptic three line post on APRIL 1ST, we would have otten nothing from the officail site about the single being put out. Why are people refusing to think Tool would do something no other band haas done before? I'm not saying that I would bet any money on this "decoy theory", because chances re I'd lose. But I'm going to keep my eyes open for that something big. Oh, and I think the only thing being released by Tool on May 2 is 10,00 Days, the one that leaked, but we'll get info on that day for what's next. That's my idea. Tool loses no money, they get to pull the great prank on the entire world, and we get more than one Tool release in less then five years. If I'm right we all win!
I'm not saying that wouldn't be nice. I'm just saying it's not gonna happen because it's so far outside the realm of sanity. Also, by your reasoning, if they were really trying to pull one over on us, and you just totally figured out their grand master plan, they'd have to change it again, right? If they were gonna go to those lengths, they'd be just as likely to see all these conspiracy threads and make a whole new cd. You can formulate crazy ideas about hidden agendas all you want.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Day_Daddy
I seems that people are not getting what I beleive to be a reasonable possiblity. This album that has leaked out, very mysteriously I might add, is going to be sold. It is going to make the band money. I and a million or so others are buy it. But with all the odd things going on, and nothing definate or concrete, this MAY not be the release that we have been waiting for. There's no new website, eepct that weak ass Sony/BMG thing. When Tool does something, they do it big. Up to now, nothing remotely big has happend. Hell Blair didn't even sa anything about the single hitting airwaves on the day it hit airwaves. Other than a possible criptic three line post on APRIL 1ST, we would have otten nothing from the officail site about the single being put out. Why are people refusing to think Tool would do something no other band haas done before? I'm not saying that I would bet any money on this "decoy theory", because chances re I'd lose. But I'm going to keep my eyes open for that something big. Oh, and I think the only thing being released by Tool on May 2 is 10,00 Days, the one that leaked, but we'll get info on that day for what's next. That's my idea. Tool loses no money, they get to pull the great prank on the entire world, and we get more than one Tool release in less then five years. If I'm right we all win!
I'm not saying that wouldn't be nice. I'm just saying it's not gonna happen because it's so far outside the realm of sanity. Also, by your reasoning, if they were really trying to pull one over on us, and you just totally figured out their grand master plan, they'd have to change it again, right? If they were gonna go to those lengths, they'd be just as likely to see all these conspiracy threads and make a whole new cd. You can formulate crazy ideas about hidden agendas all you want.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Wow. I actually enjoyed reading your discussion / points up till this point, despite fully disagreeing that 10KD is impressive. But you lost all respect with that cliched, irrelevant mudsling.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Wow. I actually enjoyed reading your discussion / points up till this point, despite fully disagreeing that 10KD is impressive. But you lost all respect with that cliched, irrelevant mudsling.
04-20-2006, 06:34 AM

You know, honestly, I don't mean this in a flippant manner, but I think a gross marjority of those who think the "h04x0rz" are "cr4zy" do not understand the true extent of what the hoax premise is about. You may get the general idea, but some of the comments you "XM-Days-enlightened" make in countering our arguments/evidence reveal that you truly do not understand enough to get the big picture.

Really, think about what we're talking about and why (seemingly unbeknownst to some of you) it seems to have struck such a serious chord with a good number of us (and no, as tempting as it may be to think, it's not because all the conspirators are "stupid").

Hopefully, some of you hoax dissenters have been sufficiently informed of Tool's massive legal history with their record label, and perhaps more importantly than anything that has been mentioned in numerous threads, Tool's absolute hatred for radio stations/DJs/MTV/mainstream music/leak starters/illegal downloaders/P2P networks/and (sometimes) fans and the like.

In my opinion, it takes only a simple look at Tool's history to ascertain why the band would conjure such trickery upon their fans. Tool have done this for the following reasons: to have fun with fans (whom they sometimes don't like), radio stations (whom they've never liked), and illegal downloaders/leak starters (whom they have always hated). I think people truly underestimate how much Tool sincerely hate illegal downloaders and leaks (the latter they probably REALLY hate). Thus, this decoy album is kind of like Tool’s way of saying, "Hey, fuck you guys. Our last albums have gotten leaked and illegally downloaded pretty hardcore by our own motherfucking fans, and we fucking hate that shit. So this time we'll give you half-assed Tool as an intentional leak and you'll still love it you freaking morons! (even though you all would never think we'd leak our own music! 1R0NY!?!?!!!11!! LOL)." I mean, really remember how much this band has really been through (e.g. the lengthy Volcano lawsuit). It basically forestalled the Ćnima process for a pretty fucking long time. From this historical evidence, it should be clear as day that this band does not like it when people fuck with their music, or fuck with how their music should be presented, or how they should be presented, or how their music is too long for the goddamn radio, or when fans illegally download/share/leak said music. (That said, yes, I did download the album, and I'll probably buy it anyways because I'm a completionist f4ng1rl.)

Now because the radio stations have been all over it, playing it with great frequency and all, they're going to get fucked in the ass too. I bet when DJs initially announced and played "Vicarious", 99.9% of them said it was "...AMAZING!...Tool have done it again! This song is awesome!" Perhaps they even said, "Best Tool song EV4R!" which wouldn't surprise me. But that's just it: radio stations always say shit like that when introducing ANY new single by "Generic Band". It’s all part of the whole mainstream music business that DJs and corporately-owned sell-out radio stations (both of whom, again, Tool has a serious history of hating) have been negatively contributing to for some time. Why wouldn’t Tool want to pull a fast one on radio stations? Tool don’t give a shit about radio stations. They know DJs (like some fans on this site) will say their single is phenomenal no matter what--even if they joked around and didn't give people the "real" new album.

Leakers and illegal downloaders alike have also been fucked in the ass, and ironically, they’ll get fucked doing exactly what it is they do best: illegally propagating unreleased material. Well, a leak is what happened and it’s exactly what was supposed to happen--the band made sure of it by leaking their own decoy album.

Again, I'll add the disclaimer expressing my awareness that I am not 100% correct, and really, come May 2nd or WHENEVER, if I'm wrong then so be it, but I don't think some of you realize the great lengths this band will go through to finally be able to release material they want to release, and not suffer through the unjustified and inapplicable critiques of the mainstream media, rabid fandom, and evil record company executives that have plagued them for so long.

And yes, I know I'll get flamed, called "stupid" or whatever for this post, but my only hope is that it will be in response to a true error (or errors) in my speculation, and not because you've already convinced yourself before even reading my post in its entirety that I am "wrong" (which will not truly be apparent until we buy the album(s), whatever the release date).
Old 04-20-2006, 06:34 AM   #17
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 495

You know, honestly, I don't mean this in a flippant manner, but I think a gross marjority of those who think the "h04x0rz" are "cr4zy" do not understand the true extent of what the hoax premise is about. You may get the general idea, but some of the comments you "XM-Days-enlightened" make in countering our arguments/evidence reveal that you truly do not understand enough to get the big picture.

Really, think about what we're talking about and why (seemingly unbeknownst to some of you) it seems to have struck such a serious chord with a good number of us (and no, as tempting as it may be to think, it's not because all the conspirators are "stupid").

Hopefully, some of you hoax dissenters have been sufficiently informed of Tool's massive legal history with their record label, and perhaps more importantly than anything that has been mentioned in numerous threads, Tool's absolute hatred for radio stations/DJs/MTV/mainstream music/leak starters/illegal downloaders/P2P networks/and (sometimes) fans and the like.

In my opinion, it takes only a simple look at Tool's history to ascertain why the band would conjure such trickery upon their fans. Tool have done this for the following reasons: to have fun with fans (whom they sometimes don't like), radio stations (whom they've never liked), and illegal downloaders/leak starters (whom they have always hated). I think people truly underestimate how much Tool sincerely hate illegal downloaders and leaks (the latter they probably REALLY hate). Thus, this decoy album is kind of like Tool’s way of saying, "Hey, fuck you guys. Our last albums have gotten leaked and illegally downloaded pretty hardcore by our own motherfucking fans, and we fucking hate that shit. So this time we'll give you half-assed Tool as an intentional leak and you'll still love it you freaking morons! (even though you all would never think we'd leak our own music! 1R0NY!?!?!!!11!! LOL)." I mean, really remember how much this band has really been through (e.g. the lengthy Volcano lawsuit). It basically forestalled the Ćnima process for a pretty fucking long time. From this historical evidence, it should be clear as day that this band does not like it when people fuck with their music, or fuck with how their music should be presented, or how they should be presented, or how their music is too long for the goddamn radio, or when fans illegally download/share/leak said music. (That said, yes, I did download the album, and I'll probably buy it anyways because I'm a completionist f4ng1rl.)

Now because the radio stations have been all over it, playing it with great frequency and all, they're going to get fucked in the ass too. I bet when DJs initially announced and played "Vicarious", 99.9% of them said it was "...AMAZING!...Tool have done it again! This song is awesome!" Perhaps they even said, "Best Tool song EV4R!" which wouldn't surprise me. But that's just it: radio stations always say shit like that when introducing ANY new single by "Generic Band". It’s all part of the whole mainstream music business that DJs and corporately-owned sell-out radio stations (both of whom, again, Tool has a serious history of hating) have been negatively contributing to for some time. Why wouldn’t Tool want to pull a fast one on radio stations? Tool don’t give a shit about radio stations. They know DJs (like some fans on this site) will say their single is phenomenal no matter what--even if they joked around and didn't give people the "real" new album.

Leakers and illegal downloaders alike have also been fucked in the ass, and ironically, they’ll get fucked doing exactly what it is they do best: illegally propagating unreleased material. Well, a leak is what happened and it’s exactly what was supposed to happen--the band made sure of it by leaking their own decoy album.

Again, I'll add the disclaimer expressing my awareness that I am not 100% correct, and really, come May 2nd or WHENEVER, if I'm wrong then so be it, but I don't think some of you realize the great lengths this band will go through to finally be able to release material they want to release, and not suffer through the unjustified and inapplicable critiques of the mainstream media, rabid fandom, and evil record company executives that have plagued them for so long.

And yes, I know I'll get flamed, called "stupid" or whatever for this post, but my only hope is that it will be in response to a true error (or errors) in my speculation, and not because you've already convinced yourself before even reading my post in its entirety that I am "wrong" (which will not truly be apparent until we buy the album(s), whatever the release date).
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault
wtf do i care if i have your respect
plus you can totally tell by his lack of reasoning that he has smelly, ugly teeth
Old 04-20-2006, 06:36 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
plus you can totally tell by his lack of reasoning that he has smelly, ugly teeth
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Also, by your reasoning, if they were really trying to pull one over on us, and you just totally figured out their grand master plan, they'd have to change it again, right? If
Yes, but with logical people with their feet firmly place in the realm of reality, like you, showing those out there on the fence the side of reason; their plan will have it's desired affect. Hell if MTV tells everyone that 10,000 Days is in fact the "real thing" than you can retire.

Please take no offence to anything I said. Being logical and reasonable is not an insult in any way; it's nice to converse with folk with differant veiws.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Also, by your reasoning, if they were really trying to pull one over on us, and you just totally figured out their grand master plan, they'd have to change it again, right? If
Yes, but with logical people with their feet firmly place in the realm of reality, like you, showing those out there on the fence the side of reason; their plan will have it's desired affect. Hell if MTV tells everyone that 10,000 Days is in fact the "real thing" than you can retire.

Please take no offence to anything I said. Being logical and reasonable is not an insult in any way; it's nice to converse with folk with differant veiws.
04-20-2006, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra

I'm not saying it's impossible. Nothing is impossible. It's just not going to happen, and it's silly to even believe that it might. Why? Because when may 2nd rolls around, if you're wrong, which you most likely will be, you're going to feel really fucking stupid, and on top of that you're going to be MORE disappointed because your hopes will be crushed AGAIN. Even if they WERE planning this elaborate hoax, you would have ruined the surprise for yourself. The best idea in either case is to assume the album is legitimate.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I'm not saying it's impossible. Nothing is impossible. It's just not going to happen, and it's silly to even believe that it might. Why? Because when may 2nd rolls around, if you're wrong, which you most likely will be, you're going to feel really fucking stupid, and on top of that you're going to be MORE disappointed because your hopes will be crushed AGAIN. Even if they WERE planning this elaborate hoax, you would have ruined the surprise for yourself. The best idea in either case is to assume the album is legitimate.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you don't care for my respect, but thats beside the point. I'm quite sure i could take many a cliched cheapshot at you americans, but that would pointlessly muddy up a fair debate. I don't sink to that level.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I'm sure you don't care for my respect, but thats beside the point. I'm quite sure i could take many a cliched cheapshot at you americans, but that would pointlessly muddy up a fair debate. I don't sink to that level.
04-20-2006, 06:53 AM

I appreciate your post, Alexandra. It's not a broad statement or a crude unrealistic claim. It's pulling apart info and putting perspective on this.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #22
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

I appreciate your post, Alexandra. It's not a broad statement or a crude unrealistic claim. It's pulling apart info and putting perspective on this.
Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Go ahead, I fucking hate Americans. Really, they're probably the fattest, laziest, most obnoxious people on the planet. Does the fact that I sincerely hate my own country make it OK for me to insult the british? Can I, pretty please? Hell I hate myself. Fuck me! Am I allowed to make fun of myself? Stop thinking in terms of rules and regulations. I made fun of his teeth. They're probably gross. Mine are too. Don't stand up for him, he can stand up for himself.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Go ahead, I fucking hate Americans. Really, they're probably the fattest, laziest, most obnoxious people on the planet. Does the fact that I sincerely hate my own country make it OK for me to insult the british? Can I, pretty please? Hell I hate myself. Fuck me! Am I allowed to make fun of myself? Stop thinking in terms of rules and regulations. I made fun of his teeth. They're probably gross. Mine are too. Don't stand up for him, he can stand up for himself.
OFFLINE |  
Alexandra's Avatar Alexandra
04-20-2006, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonus.cheese
Thank you, it is muchly appreciated.

*anticipates "lambastement" from others*
Old 04-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #24
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonus.cheese

04-20-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Don't stand up for him, he can stand up for himself.
when you resort to insults based on moronic national stereotypes, there is no need to stand up for anything.
i can simply sit here and let you demean anything you say yourself, by making those redundant remarks.
: )
Old 04-20-2006, 07:01 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Don't stand up for him, he can stand up for himself.
when you resort to insults based on moronic national stereotypes, there is no need to stand up for anything.
i can simply sit here and let you demean anything you say yourself, by making those redundant remarks.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:

No, i somehow missed your excellent post while discussing dentistry in England. I don't agree that is the case, but i'd really love it to be true. Please add further comment to your hypothesis if you have more ideas.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

No, i somehow missed your excellent post while discussing dentistry in England. I don't agree that is the case, but i'd really love it to be true. Please add further comment to your hypothesis if you have more ideas.
04-20-2006, 07:03 AM

yea the cd is by far the greatest work they've done as musicians. to me, the cd is nothing but INSPIRATION. its shit like this that you have in your car, room, and in your head all day.... i read adam jones's interview in guitar world, and he says it himself how he brings himself to tears in one of their songs. thats true emotion in a song. i'll admit a huge teary eye when i heard the entirety, thinking how could someone ever make something so.... awesome.

if you don't like this cd, then your either:
A. Not a tool fan
B. Don't like music
C. have no self respect
D. stuck in 1992, lol

i reall can't say 92, cuz the cd is totally hard in a way like undertowish, but then has the sentimental musicality to it.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 AM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

yea the cd is by far the greatest work they've done as musicians. to me, the cd is nothing but INSPIRATION. its shit like this that you have in your car, room, and in your head all day.... i read adam jones's interview in guitar world, and he says it himself how he brings himself to tears in one of their songs. thats true emotion in a song. i'll admit a huge teary eye when i heard the entirety, thinking how could someone ever make something so.... awesome.

A. Not a tool fan
B. Don't like music
C. have no self respect
D. stuck in 1992, lol

i reall can't say 92, cuz the cd is totally hard in a way like undertowish, but then has the sentimental musicality to it.
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying it's impossible. Nothing is impossible. It's just not going to happen, and it's silly to even believe that it might. Why? Because when may 2nd rolls around, if you're wrong, which you most likely will be, you're going to feel really fucking stupid, and on top of that you're going to be MORE disappointed because your hopes will be crushed AGAIN.
Nah, I won't feel stupid--probably more like an "aw, shucks" that I wasn't right. I enjoy Tool's music to the degree that even though this album (if indeed it is the "real" album) disappointed me, I won't think badly upon it. I definitely won't think badly upon Tool for it, nor will I listen any less to the music that I have loved so much over the years.

Quote:
Even if they WERE planning this elaborate hoax, you would have ruined the surprise for yourself.
Okay, though, "I'd ruin the surprise for myself!" *chuckles* You actually think I should TAKE PRECAUTION IN AVOIDING ruining the surprise for myself when I could have just--I don't know--figured it out!?!?!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
I'm not saying it's impossible. Nothing is impossible. It's just not going to happen, and it's silly to even believe that it might. Why? Because when may 2nd rolls around, if you're wrong, which you most likely will be, you're going to feel really fucking stupid, and on top of that you're going to be MORE disappointed because your hopes will be crushed AGAIN.
Nah, I won't feel stupid--probably more like an "aw, shucks" that I wasn't right. I enjoy Tool's music to the degree that even though this album (if indeed it is the "real" album) disappointed me, I won't think badly upon it. I definitely won't think badly upon Tool for it, nor will I listen any less to the music that I have loved so much over the years.

Quote:
Even if they WERE planning this elaborate hoax, you would have ruined the surprise for yourself.
Okay, though, "I'd ruin the surprise for myself!" *chuckles* You actually think I should TAKE PRECAUTION IN AVOIDING ruining the surprise for myself when I could have just--I don't know--figured it out!?!?!
04-20-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
You're funny when you're mad.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
inks's Avatar inks
04-20-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16fingers
A. Not a tool fan
B. Don't like music
C. have no self respect
D. stuck in 1992, lol
Sorry, your pointless checklist is incorrect. At least in my case. I can only find little patches of goodness in this album. And I assure you i'm a longtime fan (long being way long due their regular hiatus')
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16fingers
A. Not a tool fan
B. Don't like music
C. have no self respect
D. stuck in 1992, lol
Sorry, your pointless checklist is incorrect. At least in my case. I can only find little patches of goodness in this album. And I assure you i'm a longtime fan (long being way long due their regular hiatus')
04-20-2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:

No, I'm saying you shouldnt be over-analyzing things in the first place because thats what ruins surprises, if said surprises do in fact exist. Cunt. Face.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

No, I'm saying you shouldnt be over-analyzing things in the first place because thats what ruins surprises, if said surprises do in fact exist. Cunt. Face.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I think we're soulmates.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I think we're soulmates.
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Can't wait to laugh at you on May 2nd. You grab this piece of shit they call an album...It'll be sitting next to Disturbed's 10000 fists. I'll be in the check out line with the real deal.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Can't wait to laugh at you on May 2nd. You grab this piece of shit they call an album...It'll be sitting next to Disturbed's 10000 fists. I'll be in the check out line with the real deal.
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 07:15 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying you shouldnt be over-analyzing things in the first place because thats what ruins surprises, if said surprises do in fact exist.
...seriously? That's your beef?

Quote:
Cunt. Face.
Has my analysis really offended you to the point where, even though you know nothing of me and I haven't made a personal attack on you, you have opted to resort to name-calling? They're just words...learn to use them appropriately.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #35
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
No, I'm saying you shouldnt be over-analyzing things in the first place because thats what ruins surprises, if said surprises do in fact exist.

Quote:
Cunt. Face.
Has my analysis really offended you to the point where, even though you know nothing of me and I haven't made a personal attack on you, you have opted to resort to name-calling? They're just words...learn to use them appropriately.
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:

The word cunt is strong and effective. And it describes you. cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt

cunt
Old 04-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

The word cunt is strong and effective. And it describes you. cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt

cunt
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:
They're just words...learn to use them appropriately.
lol. he's just trolling. we figured that out when his last few posts amounted to little. More conspiricy theories please.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
They're just words...learn to use them appropriately.
lol. he's just trolling. we figured that out when his last few posts amounted to little. More conspiricy theories please.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply