PDA

View Full Version : mandala videos are proof of the hoax

knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
http://synesthesiacorp.com/home.html

just watch the damn videos under media, they are amazing.
"listen for mandalas all over tools upcoming release"

Thats virtually adding a new instrument to the band, danny can play melodies now. Please point out where you hear anything at all like those videos on the leak.

time bomb
04-22-2006, 04:30 PM
quite a bit actually, you just have to listen closely

F!end
04-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Vicarious? Intension?

alteridiom
04-22-2006, 04:35 PM
I think is the best proof we have that what we have now is a fake version on 10,000 Days. I don't hear anything as cool as that shit on what I have downloaded. Great find. Can't wait for May 2nd.

s62
04-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Are you guys fucking dumb? Carey uses the Mandala pad ALL over the album. Just because you didn't hear one of the 5 or 6 six sounds you heard on the website repeated on the album doesn't mean it's fake, dumbshits. The whole beginning of the VERY FIRST SONG is covered w/ mandala pad parts.
Jesus. You guys must fucking mix in paintchips with your pot.

Parabolee
04-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Damn you may have something!

This whole thing is making my head spin and I am afraid to believe that 10,000 days is a decoy album because it's so good and I don't want to get my hopes up (that there is a 2nd even better album) and then be let down!

But I have to say that the potential things Danny could do with this I don't think I have heard on 10,000 days.

knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 04:58 PM
The whole beginning of the VERY FIRST SONG is covered w/ mandala pad parts.
Jesus.

EXACTLY!! the only track that is without question new has mandala parts :)
Intension i assume is refering to those electronic beats at the end? There is no way that is mandalas. Listen to that beat, there is no velocity changes going on with the hits, that beat is sequenced. Its not even good either, no way thats danny playing.

Just watch the last video on the mandalas site. I assume that is not danny playing but that could be wrong. If it is there is nothing as cool sounding as on those videos on the leak. If its not....then I cant even imagine what danny can do with these, but instead of using his new custom instrument on the first tool album he has it available for him, he plays in a 10 year old style when he wasnt even close to as good as he is now on the Pot.

I think what I find so ammusing and fun about this conspiracy is you hardcore fans are so use to conspiracy/crowley/numerology bullshit that when presented with facts you can taste and touch you don't even know how to process it at this point :>

04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
That thing is fuckin sick!! wow....

ghost_horse
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Im listening to it right now. He definitely does use those, but it doesn't sound the same as the mandala website because HE IS PLAYING THEM IN A FUCKING ROCK BAND. THEY DON'T COME THROUGH SOUNDING LIKE THE FUCKING SAMPLE FROM THE MAKERS OF THAT PAD.

knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Im listening to it right now. He definitely does use those, but it doesn't sound the same as the mandala website because HE IS PLAYING THEM IN A FUCKING ROCK BAND. THEY DON'T COME THROUGH SOUNDING LIKE THE FUCKING SAMPLE FROM THE MAKERS OF THAT PAD.

back yourself up, WHERE. post track titles and times.

Kaleb
04-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Favorite Mandala bit: right at the beginning of Right in Two....
listen for it at around the 0:50 mark, plays until 1:20

Bassmingo
04-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Are you guys fucking dumb? Carey uses the Mandala pad ALL over the album. Just because you didn't hear one of the 5 or 6 six sounds you heard on the website repeated on the album doesn't mean it's fake, dumbshits. The whole beginning of the VERY FIRST SONG is covered w/ mandala pad parts.

QFT.

SNAKES ON FUCKING PLANE!

Juanjay
04-22-2006, 07:39 PM

Good to see I wasn't the only one hearing that.

seneca77
04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
i think if you guys listened to this on a decent stereo you would hear the same sound.

bonch
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Man, I wish May 2nd would hurry up and come so the misinformed posts with completely false information (you can hear the mandala on the album in at least two songs by my count) will cease.

Topher
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
All the Mandela is, is a new electronic pad, whats the big fucking deal? You people are getting a hardon over something that Danny has been using since Ænema, at least. What do you think the twangy plunky sound is at the beginning of Stinkfist? Its just a sample, triggered on an electronic drumpad.

otb
04-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Mandala is used also in the beginning of The Pot.

Rosette feasted
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Vicarious? Intension?
The Mandala pad isn't used in intension.

question93
04-23-2006, 02:47 AM

Hello and welcome to my sig-line.

perhan
04-23-2006, 06:18 AM
i hear this in vicarious

Rav
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
What an amazing little instrument. I'd love to add one to my kit but it's a little too expensive for me.

Now, for all of you who think this ISN'T heard on the album, go the Tech Specs section of the Synesthesia website and look at all the parameters and instruments you can play with. It's entirely possible that two of you could own the Mandala pad, and never use the same sounds.

knot0fvipers
04-23-2006, 07:59 AM
actually i take back everything about this album being a bsides.
i think those arabic drums in Rosetta Stoned are mandalas.

Masterangelbasher
04-23-2006, 08:07 AM
I can't believe that any of you are actually tool fans.. Danny started using the mandala in aenema... It's in just about every song since...Are you guys all serious?
Yes it is in intensions and jambi and vicarious andright in two, the pot, wings 1&2, - ions, jimmy, parabol, parabola, ticks and leeches, third eye, aenema, pushit 46 & 2...You name a song it's there.....

TJP
04-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Wots with the planets in the background the drum being played is lined up with saturn! Weird.

s62
04-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Hello and welcome to my sig-line.

haha, honored.

Sea of Lies
04-23-2006, 09:39 AM
I can't believe that any of you are actually tool fans.. Danny started using the mandala in aenema... It's in just about every song since...Are you guys all serious?
Yes it is in intensions and jambi and vicarious andright in two, the pot, wings 1&2, - ions, jimmy, parabol, parabola, ticks and leeches, third eye, aenema, pushit 46 & 2...You name a song it's there.....

Ass. Synesthesia started in 1999. Read it in their page.

"Danny uses Mandalas extensively live and in studio. He worked closely with synesthesia corp ovr a 4 year period*

Go to your local music store and meet the drum pads that produced the sounds on aenima. Or go to dannycarey.org and play them by yourself.

And mandala IS in 10,000 days. But why do you expect to hear the same patterns as in the website? Obviously danny personalized them for 10.000 days.

Topher
04-23-2006, 10:21 AM

<~~ Tool fan

zet
04-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Guys,

A pad that connects to your brain? come on.

the whole point here is: use your brain

undeniable dilemma
04-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Isn't a mandala being played in Merkaba?

harbong
04-23-2006, 12:33 PM
danny said in an interview that on intension, the electronic drum sounds are samples he plays on the mandalas. also, do you think he's going to play an actual tabla in the middle of right in two? he'll use the mandalas for those sounds too.
the only think I'm waiting for is when he uses the wrong presets live, and turns a song upside down. imagine instead of the bell sounds at the beginning of vicarious, there were the roto-tom sounds from reflection.

azatoth
04-23-2006, 12:35 PM
didn't danny just use simmonds(sp?) pads on the previous albums before using these mandalas on 10k days. the mandalas being far more advanced than the simmonds. you can actually play melodies on these pads and the surface can trigger different samples, instead of just one like with the simmonds (could be wrong on this one).eitherway the mandalas can be heard all over the new album, he just plays them subtly...

knot0fvipers
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
this is what i still dont understand, from 14 Dec 04:
"Danny was doing what he does best (better than ever, I might add), and the acoustic drums were combined with lots of electronic samples of dissonant clocks, warped timpani, eruptions of noise and explosions of what sounded like bizarre artillery."

this is exactly the kind of stuff the mandalas would be great at doing that other drum triggers wouldnt be able to do.
While there are certain parts on the leak that could be mandalas you have to admit there is nothing that really stands out, and nothing even as close to as cool as those videos.

Masterangelbasher
04-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm wrong. But my point is lost...The mandalas sound like the simmons drums, and they are all over the place on this album....stupid link to stupid video proves nothing... unless you wanted proof that i could fit my whole foot in my mouth

tollll12
04-23-2006, 02:18 PM
EXACTLY!! the only track that is without question new has mandala parts :)
Intension i assume is refering to those electronic beats at the end? There is no way that is mandalas. Listen to that beat, there is no velocity changes going on with the hits, that beat is sequenced. Its not even good either, no way thats danny playing.

Just watch the last video on the mandalas site. I assume that is not danny playing but that could be wrong. If it is there is nothing as cool sounding as on those videos on the leak. If its not....then I cant even imagine what danny can do with these, but instead of using his new custom instrument on the first tool album he has it available for him, he plays in a 10 year old style when he wasnt even close to as good as he is now on the Pot.

I think what I find so ammusing and fun about this conspiracy is you hardcore fans are so use to conspiracy/crowley/numerology bullshit that when presented with facts you can taste and touch you don't even know how to process it at this point :>

I definately think that is Danny playing on Intension (why wouldn't it be - and whether or not it's him is irrelevant), but, as this guys says, that drum is definately not the Mandala. You really need to go to the Mandala site and see what they can do. Danny has lots of electronic drums. Just because you hear an electronic drum, don't just assume it's his Mandala - go to the site. In fact on Vicarious the chime sounds (not the alarm noise, which is the mandala) are his other electronic drums, not his mandala. Why do I know this? Because I went to the site and saw what the mandala can do.

The problem with most nay-sayers is that they don't read the posts in their entirety, and refuse to look at the evidence. That metality is why we have a fuck-wit in the white house.

tollll12
04-23-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm wrong. But my point is lost...The mandalas sound like the simmons drums, and they are all over the place on this album....stupid link to stupid video proves nothing... unless you wanted proof that i could fit my whole foot in my mouth

The mandala does not sound like the Simmons drum. The limitations of the Simmons drum are the reasons why Danny worked with this company to develop the Mandala. And Danny still has the Simmons drums on his kit.

Masterangelbasher
04-23-2006, 02:39 PM
The thing is..they are electric drums, and they can sound however you want them to sound.....And I do think they sound very similar.

harbong
04-24-2006, 06:13 AM
they're just triggers for any sample you put on them. I'm pretty sure the mandalas wouldn't be programmed with all danny's samples. danny can put whatever his mind imagines onto the pads, and it is probably constantly changing.
I think the improvement from the simmons pads to the mandala was the sensitivity, you can play much faster repeated samples (needed for tabla stuff), and they are probably able to produce wider dynamics based on the pressure applied (very important in electronic drums, it's the difference between professional tools and toys)
also, I bet he will trigger the thunder sounds on wings pt2 with the mandalas live.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 10:44 AM
they're just triggers for any sample you put on them. I'm pretty sure the mandalas wouldn't be programmed with all danny's samples. danny can put whatever his mind imagines onto the pads, and it is probably constantly changing.
I think the improvement from the simmons pads to the mandala was the sensitivity, you can play much faster repeated samples (needed for tabla stuff), and they are probably able to produce wider dynamics based on the pressure applied (very important in electronic drums, it's the difference between professional tools and toys)
also, I bet he will trigger the thunder sounds on wings pt2 with the mandalas live.

Yeah I agree with you here on the differences. But he didn't replace his Simmons drums (you can still hear them on Vicarious, they make the chime noises, not the alarm noise), he just added a Mandala to his kit. Need proof? Go to the Mandala website (like we've been begging you to http://synesthesiacorp.com/home.html) and click "endorsees". You will see a picture of Danny's kit. The Mandala is the red drum, he has two electronic drums to the right (probably the simmons drums), and one to the left (I dunno what that is, perhaps an electronic tabla?) You can even see another simmons drum in the bottom left of the picture. So yes, I agree with you, he can put what ever his mind imagines into the Mandala, but there is a certain pattern of imagination/sound he can produce with the Mandala, and that pattern is missing in all of the songs except Vicarious.

praefector
04-24-2006, 10:46 AM
it's in there

stop digging

paganman7
04-24-2006, 10:48 AM

Thats virtually adding a new instrument to the band, danny can play melodies now. Please point out where you hear anything at all like those videos on the leak.

Listen to Right in Two. Danny has a solo that lasts about 2 minutes...entirely on the synthesized pads. It's quite astounding.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Listen to Right in Two. Danny has a solo that lasts about 2 minutes...entirely on the synthesized pads. It's quite astounding.

I don't know why I keep replying to these, because it doesn't seem like you read my replies. It's not the fact that synth sounds exist that we are arguing, it's the sound of the synth pads we are arguing.... go to the site Mandala site, read previous posts....

tollll12
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
it's in there

stop digging

Yeah this isn't worth arguing because when I provide you with proof, you refuse to see it. Like leading the horse to water, etc.

gem_37
04-24-2006, 11:42 AM

Bollox... go take a listen to the salival cd. u will hear that very sound there as well !

paganman7
04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Bollox... go take a listen to the salival cd. u will hear that very sound there as well !

I didn't say they were novel in this album, but they are certainly there.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM

That solo is on his tabla, not his mandala.

paganman7
04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
That solo is on his tabla, not his mandala.

Really? My bad mate. Thanks for pointing that out.

At any rate, it's amazing.

joeshabadoo
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
that solo is noodly and boring. It would be interesting if he had any grasp of how tabla should be played along to the sort of rhythm in that song. He's still an amazing trap set player, though . . .

paganman7
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
that solo is noodly and boring. It would be interesting if he had any grasp of how tabla should be played along to the sort of rhythm in that song. He's still an amazing trap set player, though . . .

You're right. You should post some links to some of your tabla playing so that we know what it should sound like.

Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
You're right. You should post some links to some of your tabla playing so that we know what it should sound like.

dumbass.

that is all.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Really? My bad mate. Thanks for pointing that out.

At any rate, it's amazing.

If you like it that much, you should check out the solo during PushIt on Salival. The solos on Right in Two and the Salival version of PushIt are ... *COUGH*... very very similar.

And yeah I agree with you. It's an awesome solo.

paganman7
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
If you like it that much, you should check out the solo during PushIt on Salival. The solos on Right in Two and the Salival version of PushIt are ... *COUGH*... very very similar.

I've heard the version of Pushit on Salival many times, it's fantastic.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM
dumbass.

that is all.

How old do you think Lagomorph is? 14 I am going with? How close am I?

Dungflowers
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM
So yes, I agree with you, he can put what ever his mind imagines into the Mandala, but there is a certain pattern of imagination/sound he can produce with the Mandala, and that pattern is missing in all of the songs except Vicarious.

How do you know what "certain pattern of imagination/sound" are churning in Danny's head?

Just because he can use the Mandala doesn't mean he has to make it sound like it does in the demos. Thats not hard to swallow is it?

It seems like all of you fakery followers are sick with the A.S.S. disease, because none of you can provide one argument worth a shit and you're usually left with no legs to stand on.

A. ttention
S. eeker
S. yndrome

paganman7
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM

He's either:

1. 14 years old
2. 25 years old without adequate socialization
3. developmentally retarded

tollll12
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
How do you know what "certain pattern of imagination/sound" are churning in Danny's head?

Just because he can use the Mandala doesn't mean he has to make it sound like it does in the demos. Thats not hard to swallow is it?

It seems like all of you fakery followers are sick with the A.S.S. disease, because none of you can provide one argument worth a shit and you're usually left with no legs to stand on.

A. ttention
S. eeker
S. yndrome

Are you reading our arguments in their entirety? Have you been to the Mandala site? Have you seen that Danny still has all of his Simmons pads on his kit? Do you know that all of the sounds on intension can be made by the Simmons pad?

tollll12
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
He's either:

1. 14 years old
2. 25 years old without adequate socialization
3. developmentally retarded

Hahaha ... he is 19. Click on his name. I'll bet he's just got a rash or something. I'd be all pissy if I had one too.

Dungflowers
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Are you reading our arguments in their entirety? Have you been to the Mandala site? Have you seen that Danny still has all of his Simmons pads on his kit? Do you know that all of the sounds on intension can be made by the Simmons pad?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes.

Your theory is still full of shit.

Danny DOES NOT HAVE TO PRODUCE THOSE EXACT SOUNDS.

He can program them to sound like regular Toms so he can match tonal changes in the music. I'm almost sure I hear that THROUGHOUT THE ALBUM.

Do I know for sure? Of course not.

Do you know for sure?

Be honest with yourself

Otherwise I guess I'll never see you again after May 2nd because it'll be hard to walk around here with all that egg on your face.

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM

uh, all over it?

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:24 PM

actually i think thats a bass.

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Mandala is used also in the beginning of The Pot.

actually i think thats bongos.

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:26 PM
actually i take back everything about this album being a bsides.
i think those arabic drums in Rosetta Stoned are mandalas.

now youre talkin.

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM

actually, thats a tabla.

Nietzsche's Dead
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM

:DD

<333

gem_37
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I didn't say they were novel in this album, but they are certainly there.

I fully aggree with you now ... after taking a good longs listen to all the tunes with my headphones those sounds are definately there. i now personally feel that the leak was not intentional by tool to throw us of guard. What you people are listning to is IMO the official new tool ablbum... And my god its good.

insaner
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM

i fully disagree. its a very difficult instrument, and im sure he is juts learning. keep in mind, its not just those high notes you hear, its also that sick bending bass note too.

Lagomorph
04-25-2006, 01:46 AM

when someone says a piece of drumming is crap, they can do so without having better skill and ability with drums than the person playing the piece they are criticising, this goes for everything else too.

just because this person can't play drums doesn't mean they can't listen to drums and say what they think.

earlier i couldn't be bothered putting in the effort to explain this mysterious fact of life, but calling me 14 hurt my feelings so i just worked up the effort to explain it to you.

TheCryingCarrot
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
when someone says a piece of drumming is crap, they can do so without having better skill and ability with drums than the person playing the piece they are criticising, this goes for everything else too.

just because this person can't play drums doesn't mean they can't listen to drums and say what they think.

earlier i couldn't be bothered putting in the effort to explain this mysterious fact of life, but calling me 14 hurt my feelings so i just worked up the effort to explain it to you.

Actually I have to disagree with you there, unless you state that it's just your opinion you can't just come out and say that someone's (insert instrument) playing is shit unless you know something about the skill being applied, just because you think it SOUNDS shit doesn't make it so. I've had countless arguments with people calling my music (music I lsten to) shit when they have no knowledge of music apart from the generic radio crap that they listen to every day which 90% of the time can barely be called music anyway.

s62
04-25-2006, 05:18 AM

Maybe YOU should do a little research before you post. The solo heard on the live version of Pushit is not performed by Danny Carey, but is performed by his tabla instructor, an Indian tabla master. And I think Danny's doing AOK with years of personal instruction from a well known tabla instructor.

Oh. And you're an idiot. Well-played.

Lagomorph
04-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Maybe YOU should do a little research before you post. The solo heard on the live version of Pushit is not performed by Danny Carey, but is performed by his tabla instructor, an Indian tabla master. And I think Danny's doing AOK with years of personal instruction from a well known tabla instructor.

Oh. And you're an idiot. Well-played.

wrong, although aloke dutta did appear live with tool in 1998 on a few occasions to assist with the tabla part of pushit slow, all the other times between 98 and 2001 that slow pushit was played, aloke did not appear on stage and the tabla was done by danny.

paganman7
04-25-2006, 10:01 AM

Normally I wouldn't bother apologizing to someone on the other side of the planet whom I will never meet, but if calling you 14 bothered you that much, then I'm sorry.

For future reference, if you have such thin skin, I'd recommend against calling people dumbasses.

tangent
04-25-2006, 10:21 AM

I want one!!!1ONE

tollll12
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM

much appretiated

tollll12
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
wrong, although aloke dutta did appear live with tool in 1998 on a few occasions to assist with the tabla part of pushit slow, all the other times between 98 and 2001 that slow pushit was played, aloke did not appear on stage and the tabla was done by danny.

HAHA - he is right. I was at the recording of that show, as it was recorded in Salt Lake City, and I remember Danny playing it.

Also, what's with the name calling

Lagomorph
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Actually I have to disagree with you there, unless you state that it's just your opinion you can't just come out and say that someone's (insert instrument) playing is shit unless you know something about the skill being applied, just because you think it SOUNDS shit doesn't make it so. I've had countless arguments with people calling my music (music I lsten to) shit when they have no knowledge of music apart from the generic radio crap that they listen to every day which 90% of the time can barely be called music anyway.

hypothetically, imagine a person who has lost the use of their legs, they are in a wheelchair. they are watching someone do ice skating on TV for the lympics or something, and they say: "this guy can't ice skate very well"

this is a general comment, and the person is saying that the standard of ice skating is not as good as other ice skaters.... just because this guy wathcing ice skating cannot ice skate at all, let along use his legs, doesn't mean he cannot watch it and learn about it and judge the sport with his opinion (obviously).

the same applies for EVERYTHING.

i think dannys drumming is poor on the album, technically it is good in parts, but it lacks creativity (which he usually specialises in). i have never played drums in my life, and this does not matter a bit when it comes to judging music or anything else.

capeche?

kholdstayr
04-25-2006, 06:51 PM
In the last Danny interview that was posted he mentioned that he plays melodies with the new electronic drum pads that he has on this album. I admit that I can hear the electronic drums on the album but I can't say that any of the electronic drumming on the album would be considered a melody. An electronic rhythm yes, but not melody.

s62
04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
no melody? try the beginning of vicarious...

kholdstayr
04-25-2006, 07:03 PM
no melody? try the beginning of vicarious...

I hear a bunch of "ding ding ding dings" that sounds like a bell, which I don't think would be considered a melody. I think saying the beginning of Vicarious with the ding sounds being called a melody is a bit of a stretch.

*EDIT* Here is the exact statement from Danny:

----------------------------------
VISIONS: So that means you know since of today what you would change in Lateralus!
Carey: I think, that album could have been more tough and airy. On the other hand, these are exactly the things we did right on the new one. It does breath more, is more powerful, more dynamic. Adam and Justin have expanded their fields in an amazing way. I however try to play my own melodies on the drums, to contrast the harmonic instruments. And when the band changes from a 6/8 beat to a 5/4, I play the 5/4 even before the 6/8 ends. Hopefully that all will be received by the listener. The song order is finally set as recently as two days ago. To be honest I listened to the album in its final version for the second time yesterday.
-------------------------------------