Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
beyond's Avatar beyond
05-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Omg, lol.

Last night, my girlfriend and I were trying to go to sleep, and I had 10,000 days playing.

Rosetta Stoned came on, and it was here first time hearing the song. She turns to me and goes, Oh my gosh! That's the X-files theme. (referring to a riff in the song) I listened to Rosetta again after that, and I recognized it a little bit, but am still not sure.

Does a riff in the song sound like the X-Files theme to you all?

I just thought it was funny, being about Aliens and all. My girlfriend had no previous Tool experience nor had even heard the song before. I just found that kinda cool.

w00t.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
X-Files theme in Rosetta.

Omg, lol.

Last night, my girlfriend and I were trying to go to sleep, and I had 10,000 days playing.

Rosetta Stoned came on, and it was here first time hearing the song. She turns to me and goes, Oh my gosh! That's the X-files theme. (referring to a riff in the song) I listened to Rosetta again after that, and I recognized it a little bit, but am still not sure.

Does a riff in the song sound like the X-Files theme to you all?

I just thought it was funny, being about Aliens and all. My girlfriend had no previous Tool experience nor had even heard the song before. I just found that kinda cool.

w00t.
05-14-2006, 03:42 PM

The exact time where you heard the riff would suffice.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34
Re: X-Files theme in Rosetta.

The exact time where you heard the riff would suffice.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CopperGoat's Avatar CopperGoat
05-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Actually I think the guitar riff in Wings for Marie just after the repeated part sounds more like the theme, I got it almost instantly

-- Woody Allen
Old 05-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Actually I think the guitar riff in Wings for Marie just after the repeated part sounds more like the theme, I got it almost instantly

-- Woody Allen
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
split_the_sky's Avatar split_the_sky
05-15-2006, 06:11 AM

I think the original poster is referring to the guitar that begins at 6:02. I don't think it sounds anything like the X-Files theme but I imagine people might think it's a bit like the keyboard fill in the theme. Also I imagine it was only thought of because of the lyrics in the song as well, the poster probably would never have noticed it. Sorry if I've suggested the wrong part!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

I think the original poster is referring to the guitar that begins at 6:02. I don't think it sounds anything like the X-Files theme but I imagine people might think it's a bit like the keyboard fill in the theme. Also I imagine it was only thought of because of the lyrics in the song as well, the poster probably would never have noticed it. Sorry if I've suggested the wrong part!
05-15-2006, 10:08 PM

Definitely.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Definitely.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply