opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » Artwork
User Name
Password
Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Alex Grey's Chainsaw of Eyes

The artwork in Lateralus has an obvious "chainsaw of eyes" around the man's head. I think I read somewhere, a while back, that Alex got the inspiration for the drawing by seeing what the album was about by listening to it during an hallucinogenic experience or maybe just while he was sober. Either way, on the song Triad from 1:34 to about 2:50 the guitar, to me, sounds like adam was making it sound like a chainsaw. Now whether he meant to or not is another question but check it out. I feel like it kind of means like the divine split of the holy trinity into good and evil. Right in Two... Maybe this is where Alex Grey got some of his inspiration for the artwork? Listen to triad and someone let me know what ya think. Thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Alex Grey's Chainsaw of Eyes

wow. sonic visionaries, painting quite the picture. i like this idea a lot. it works with everything i've felt about this song and album concept. i was thinking chainsaw blade (makes a lot of sense given the actual disc design), but i've never really landed on much more than 'boy they sure do love repeated patterns and symmetry'. but yeah, tastes good to me.

edit: makes me wanna hear adrian belew solo that sound. goddamn beasts...

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 07-02-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
wow. sonic visionaries, painting quite the picture. i like this idea a lot. it works with everything i've felt about this song and album concept. i was thinking chainsaw blade (makes a lot of sense given the actual disc design), but i've never really landed on much more than 'boy they sure do love repeated patterns and symmetry'. but yeah, tastes good to me.

edit: makes me wanna hear adrian belew solo that sound. goddamn beasts...
Yea they're all some talented motherfuckers
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

How would you describe the divine split of the Holy Trinity into good and evil?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFuzzSolarWind View Post
How would you describe the divine split of the Holy Trinity into good and evil?
That's a good question, I don't know if that was the best way to put it but it sounded good at first. I know the Trinity in religion refers to Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. One is not the other but all together they are seen as God. I guess I was just sensing in the song the chainsaw represents the split of the three into what makes up reality. Or like a split into duality. I don't know haha, don't want to act like I know anything about it but I know that it definitely sounds like a chainsaw and the artwork looks like a chainsaw too.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: