Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
l David l
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM

also think about these songs live. for the end of the lateralus tour, they plaed almost every song on from teh album. if htey played every sone from this album, it would be a very boring concert. too many quiet parts.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #241
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: The album leak is a hoax!

also think about these songs live. for the end of the lateralus tour, they plaed almost every song on from teh album. if htey played every sone from this album, it would be a very boring concert. too many quiet parts.
OFFLINE |  
Aemima
04-19-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furthurdown
Reguardless if the album is real or fake, it does give us something to argue about for the next 2 weeks...
Yep :D

These are exciting times either way, if it's real (which i now think it is) then we have another album to fall in love with again, and if it's a hoax we have another album to fall in love with again.

Either way, we win at life.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #242
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furthurdown
Reguardless if the album is real or fake, it does give us something to argue about for the next 2 weeks...

These are exciting times either way, if it's real (which i now think it is) then we have another album to fall in love with again, and if it's a hoax we have another album to fall in love with again.

04-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l David l
that is very subjective. i dont find 10000 Days boring at all. there are QUIET points, but even the quiet points are interesting because they serve a purpose or reinforce some idea or allow the message to come to the fore that much more.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #243
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by l David l
that is very subjective. i dont find 10000 Days boring at all. there are QUIET points, but even the quiet points are interesting because they serve a purpose or reinforce some idea or allow the message to come to the fore that much more.
04-19-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemima

no you lose for enjoying mediocre, laughable crap.

god damn, shit the bed.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #244
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemima

god damn, shit the bed.
OFFLINE |  
svet-am
04-19-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagomorph

god damn, shit the bed.
you never liked Opiate did you? Many of the things you bitch about as being 'non Tool' were very much Tool on Opiate and to some degree on Undertow. Go study your Tool history, man.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #245
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagomorph

god damn, shit the bed.
you never liked Opiate did you? Many of the things you bitch about as being 'non Tool' were very much Tool on Opiate and to some degree on Undertow. Go study your Tool history, man.
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM

So do you think this is what was played at the listening parties? or the real thing was played. I am with cronos and i hope I am alot happier on may2nd
Old 04-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #246
zac
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

So do you think this is what was played at the listening parties? or the real thing was played. I am with cronos and i hope I am alot happier on may2nd
OFFLINE |  
dancingflame
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac

aaaaaarrrrggghhh.....sorry its the real thing and i feel very sorry for you...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #247
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac

OFFLINE |  
zac's Avatar zac
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame
thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #248
zac
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame
thanks
OFFLINE |  
Cronos's Avatar Cronos
04-19-2006, 02:46 PM

To add some fuel to the fire, I'll cross post this.

Rosetta Stoned = Remix of Third Eye.

You believe me don't you? Please believe what I just said! Well, then listen to the sound at 2:54, tell me that isn't the sound they used in Third Eye (at least I think it was from that song, it's the scratching sound).

Take a listen at 4:11, that guitar riff is basically pulled straight from Third Eye too.

Also, there's the riff at 6:01, more well done remixes of the Third Eye riffs.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #249
Lord Cronos of Vermiculum

Bincount™: 6507

To add some fuel to the fire, I'll cross post this.

Rosetta Stoned = Remix of Third Eye.

You believe me don't you? Please believe what I just said! Well, then listen to the sound at 2:54, tell me that isn't the sound they used in Third Eye (at least I think it was from that song, it's the scratching sound).

Take a listen at 4:11, that guitar riff is basically pulled straight from Third Eye too.

Also, there's the riff at 6:01, more well done remixes of the Third Eye riffs.
OFFLINE |  
splints
04-19-2006, 03:44 PM

This was not scene released. So who knows where the fuck it came from
Old 04-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #250
Level 4 - Thinker

This was not scene released. So who knows where the fuck it came from
OFFLINE |  
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Anyone who believes that this is a hoax is a fucking idiot.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #251
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

OFFLINE |  
ljasonl
04-19-2006, 04:00 PM

It's uttelry rediculous to think this is a hoax. The level of quality alone shows a lot of work went into this. Not to mention putting a song about your deceased mother on a hoax album? Right...
This is very interesting psychologically. It's amazing what people will trick themselves into believing

For what it's worth, I hope you're right. Then we get a hoax album that's probably better than anything they've ever released, AND another album on top of that...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #252
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

It's uttelry rediculous to think this is a hoax. The level of quality alone shows a lot of work went into this. Not to mention putting a song about your deceased mother on a hoax album? Right...
This is very interesting psychologically. It's amazing what people will trick themselves into believing

For what it's worth, I hope you're right. Then we get a hoax album that's probably better than anything they've ever released, AND another album on top of that...
OFFLINE |  
LetSocietyDream's Avatar LetSocietyDream
04-19-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasonl

I have to agree with that this album can't be a hoax. Wings for Marie Part 2 has to prove the validity of this album, there's know way I can fathom such a song part of a "fake" album.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #253
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasonl

I have to agree with that this album can't be a hoax. Wings for Marie Part 2 has to prove the validity of this album, there's know way I can fathom such a song part of a "fake" album.
OFFLINE |  
alteridiom
04-19-2006, 04:13 PM

The level of quality doesn't prove anything. Their Tool, they can record whatever they want whenever they want. They could have shit this out in 2 weeks. Take old unused riffs from old recording sessions, unused lyrics that have been written down in old notebooks, etc. and bam you have a quick, not that good album to fool the media and general fanbase. Then, let them have it with an album all about communication. We have become the experiment.
This album is the most unmemorable thing Tool has ever done.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #254
Level 3 - Talker

The level of quality doesn't prove anything. Their Tool, they can record whatever they want whenever they want. They could have shit this out in 2 weeks. Take old unused riffs from old recording sessions, unused lyrics that have been written down in old notebooks, etc. and bam you have a quick, not that good album to fool the media and general fanbase. Then, let them have it with an album all about communication. We have become the experiment.
This album is the most unmemorable thing Tool has ever done.
OFFLINE |  
Vianney's Avatar Vianney
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
Old 04-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #255
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 13

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
OFFLINE |  
auralassassin
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM

If it's fake... LOL, jokes on me... gimme another album!!!

But it's not... I'm not that lucky.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #256
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

If it's fake... LOL, jokes on me... gimme another album!!!

But it's not... I'm not that lucky.
OFFLINE |  
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
04-19-2006, 04:38 PM

I really don't know what to think about this i had a good listen earlier and it sounded awful, i didn't really like lateralus too much when i first heard that though.

I don't see why people are saying the leak can't be fake because the production of the album and the cost? Tool have loads of money and its not like they have gone and printed it and distributed it all over the world. They just recorded it and mixed it fairly well.

Personally i think if its not a hoax its a let down. I was cringing while listening on some parts.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #257
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

I really don't know what to think about this i had a good listen earlier and it sounded awful, i didn't really like lateralus too much when i first heard that though.

I don't see why people are saying the leak can't be fake because the production of the album and the cost? Tool have loads of money and its not like they have gone and printed it and distributed it all over the world. They just recorded it and mixed it fairly well.

Personally i think if its not a hoax its a let down. I was cringing while listening on some parts.
04-19-2006, 04:41 PM

"In today’s times of mass produced, processed music, Tool is
a shining light of non-conforming artistic expression not
confined to marketing fads and the all mighty dollar. Tool
experiment openly with their music, inviting the listener,
bored with the norm, to expand the comfort zones and
experience something totally fresh"

hmmm...........
Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #258
Level 9 - Obstreperous

"In today’s times of mass produced, processed music, Tool is
a shining light of non-conforming artistic expression not
confined to marketing fads and the all mighty dollar. Tool
experiment openly with their music, inviting the listener,
bored with the norm, to expand the comfort zones and
experience something totally fresh"

hmmm...........
04-19-2006, 05:10 PM

This is ridiculous!!! Come to fucking terms with the album already. If you don't like it, WAKE UP AND ADMIT IT. Don't deny the fact that it's real.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #259
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

This is ridiculous!!! Come to fucking terms with the album already. If you don't like it, WAKE UP AND ADMIT IT. Don't deny the fact that it's real.
OFFLINE |  
Reflection
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM

Got a question, what if Tool released this tracklist, and released "Vicarious" but, the real album will have "Vicarious", "Wings1 & 2" and another song maybe. I do really like this album, but I'm in denial with the fact that there are so many segues. Well, segues for what I've heard. I'm waiting till May 2 to hear: Wings 1 & 2, Intension and Viginti Tres. Now, Blair said this on the september newsletter...
Quote:
Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design. When they weren't working on this grand deception...
Could this be just a lie to a user? I don't know. So, maybe it's a SOAD kind of "Hypnotize/Mezmerize" thing. Lyrics? Well, I'm suprised, they seem too simple for Maynard to be serious, then again, if you see them from different perspectives, they make a lot sense. "Right In Two", I don't know, maybe it's my imagination, but I get a lot of political/wars stuff here. I mean,

holy garden = planet?

pieces of the ground = oil? and other stuff

right in two = occidental and oriental parts of the world?

monkey killing monkey killing monkey = evolution?

how they survive so misguided is a mystery = how information is presented?

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over ???
Fight over love, over sun, over another = fighting over anything?

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
This is what they choose.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over a piece of other ground. = how we use our power?

Man, i don't know what to think.
Either way, I'm enjoying it a lot. Pretty awesome moments and suprises on the album. Can't wait till may 2 to hear Wings 1 & 2!
Purify yourself
Old 04-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #260
Level 3 - Talker

Got a question, what if Tool released this tracklist, and released "Vicarious" but, the real album will have "Vicarious", "Wings1 & 2" and another song maybe. I do really like this album, but I'm in denial with the fact that there are so many segues. Well, segues for what I've heard. I'm waiting till May 2 to hear: Wings 1 & 2, Intension and Viginti Tres. Now, Blair said this on the september newsletter...
Quote:
Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design. When they weren't working on this grand deception...
Could this be just a lie to a user? I don't know. So, maybe it's a SOAD kind of "Hypnotize/Mezmerize" thing. Lyrics? Well, I'm suprised, they seem too simple for Maynard to be serious, then again, if you see them from different perspectives, they make a lot sense. "Right In Two", I don't know, maybe it's my imagination, but I get a lot of political/wars stuff here. I mean,

holy garden = planet?

pieces of the ground = oil? and other stuff

right in two = occidental and oriental parts of the world?

monkey killing monkey killing monkey = evolution?

how they survive so misguided is a mystery = how information is presented?

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over ???
Fight over love, over sun, over another = fighting over anything?

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
This is what they choose.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over a piece of other ground. = how we use our power?

Man, i don't know what to think.
Either way, I'm enjoying it a lot. Pretty awesome moments and suprises on the album. Can't wait till may 2 to hear Wings 1 & 2!
Purify yourself
OFFLINE |  
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
What the shit is going on here? Im tired, i have just listened to the thing on my mates stereo and was blown away, god you people are putting alot of effort into the ''hoax' hoax, although Rosetta Stoned does nick Third Eye's riff.

I think im gonna abandon this board, you 1000+ posters have your heads shoved so firmly up your collective arses you must spend your lives walking round on all fours looking for the light switch. Goodnight.

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 04-19-2006 at 05:33 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #261
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
What the shit is going on here? Im tired, i have just listened to the thing on my mates stereo and was blown away, god you people are putting alot of effort into the ''hoax' hoax, although Rosetta Stoned does nick Third Eye's riff.

I think im gonna abandon this board, you 1000+ posters have your heads shoved so firmly up your collective arses you must spend your lives walking round on all fours looking for the light switch. Goodnight.

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 04-19-2006 at 05:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM

If i remember correctly they announced a fake album release for April 17th 2001 called Systema EncÈphale with fake track titles and everything, is it just coincidence the leak for 10,000 days was April 17th too?

I expect Vicarious is the real deal the rest is gonna be different. That older leak for 10,000 days you know the real bad one, that sounded like a random dude with an acoustic that had similar lyrics to this release too, it had that stuff about monkeys?

Can't find the older leak now though and i deleted it, anyone wanna help me out i want to compare both the leaks?

Last edited by black_rose; 04-19-2006 at 06:10 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #262
Level 9 - Obstreperous

If i remember correctly they announced a fake album release for April 17th 2001 called Systema EncÈphale with fake track titles and everything, is it just coincidence the leak for 10,000 days was April 17th too?

I expect Vicarious is the real deal the rest is gonna be different. That older leak for 10,000 days you know the real bad one, that sounded like a random dude with an acoustic that had similar lyrics to this release too, it had that stuff about monkeys?

Can't find the older leak now though and i deleted it, anyone wanna help me out i want to compare both the leaks?

Last edited by black_rose; 04-19-2006 at 06:10 PM..
OFFLINE |  
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
04-19-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
My favourite song on 10,000 days is Pet, or maybe the noose
lol.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #263
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
My favourite song on 10,000 days is Pet, or maybe the noose
lol.
OFFLINE |  
bill3332002
04-19-2006, 06:04 PM

that would be really fucking awesome, but i dont think that they would go to that much trouble pulling some shit like that. i would love to see that happen though
Old 04-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #264
Level 2 - Poster

that would be really fucking awesome, but i dont think that they would go to that much trouble pulling some shit like that. i would love to see that happen though
OFFLINE |  
sinfall's Avatar sinfall
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM

not sure if this has been posted yet, but listen to this jam from their concert in 2002

http://download.yousendit.com/D2F68E5C3AAE87EE
Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #265
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

not sure if this has been posted yet, but listen to this jam from their concert in 2002

http://download.yousendit.com/D2F68E5C3AAE87EE
OFFLINE |  
hurmie's Avatar hurmie
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM

The reason why a few of the songs sound pretty good, is because they have been lying around for some while. When you're making an album, you always have some songs left, that just didn't make they album. Those songs did make the "fake" (an leaked on purpose) 10.000 album though...Only Vicarious is, or could be real, and will olso be on the real deal that hits the stores on may 2nd. If you have heard the leaked one, you will recognise some similarities with some old songs. TOOL have never done that before, ever....and they will never do too...
They don't work five years on an album like this supposed leaked one, which has more no meaning noise an stupid sounbytes than any other TOOL album. It MUST be a hoax.....and I love it....

I've I'm wrong....and it turns out that de cd that I will buy (sealed) on May 2nd appears to be the same as for what I saw as a hoax....well, at least I still have the older ones...so it can be usefull as a coaster...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #266
Level 3 - Talker

The reason why a few of the songs sound pretty good, is because they have been lying around for some while. When you're making an album, you always have some songs left, that just didn't make they album. Those songs did make the "fake" (an leaked on purpose) 10.000 album though...Only Vicarious is, or could be real, and will olso be on the real deal that hits the stores on may 2nd. If you have heard the leaked one, you will recognise some similarities with some old songs. TOOL have never done that before, ever....and they will never do too...
They don't work five years on an album like this supposed leaked one, which has more no meaning noise an stupid sounbytes than any other TOOL album. It MUST be a hoax.....and I love it....

I've I'm wrong....and it turns out that de cd that I will buy (sealed) on May 2nd appears to be the same as for what I saw as a hoax....well, at least I still have the older ones...so it can be usefull as a coaster...
OFFLINE |  
MentalSanityOff's Avatar MentalSanityOff
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM

If the album leak is a hoax... I hope Tool produces a lot more hoaxes in the future
Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #267
On Probation

Bincount™: 21

If the album leak is a hoax... I hope Tool produces a lot more hoaxes in the future
OFFLINE |  
HolyReality's Avatar HolyReality
04-19-2006, 06:35 PM

the incorporation of old riffs into the new songs makes sense...it helps tie the new music down and makes crazy tool fans (like us) drive ourselves insane theorizing about it. they're having fun with us, look at the lyrics on rosetta stoned and the pot. it's called humor, people. learn to chill the fuck out.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #268
Level 7 - Loquacious

the incorporation of old riffs into the new songs makes sense...it helps tie the new music down and makes crazy tool fans (like us) drive ourselves insane theorizing about it. they're having fun with us, look at the lyrics on rosetta stoned and the pot. it's called humor, people. learn to chill the fuck out.
OFFLINE |  
hurmie's Avatar hurmie
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyReality
That's why I think it's a hoax....

Because they want to have a laugh about every one who has downloaded....eeuh...stolen the album. Everybody knows how the guys think about downloading music, and not buying the real album.

TOOL doesn't leak...unless it's on purpose....

But still....that's my opinion. I actually think some of the songs are pretty fuckin' good....

Last edited by hurmie; 04-19-2006 at 06:59 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #269
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyReality
That's why I think it's a hoax....

Because they want to have a laugh about every one who has downloaded....eeuh...stolen the album. Everybody knows how the guys think about downloading music, and not buying the real album.

TOOL doesn't leak...unless it's on purpose....

But still....that's my opinion. I actually think some of the songs are pretty fuckin' good....

Last edited by hurmie; 04-19-2006 at 06:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
bonus.cheese's Avatar bonus.cheese
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
OMG THE REAL ALBUM COVER LEAKED LOL

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/..._10000days.jpg
OMG <3
Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
OMG THE REAL ALBUM COVER LEAKED LOL

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/..._10000days.jpg
OMG <3
colegrove34
04-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Being a newb, I know no ones going to listen to this but in my humble opinion:

The whole B-side thing is really plausible. Just look at how much different Vicarious is from EVERY OTHER SONG. Not only is it mixed differently, but the guitar is much more toolish and the vocals are much more prominent then on any of the other songs. IMO Vicarious is the only song on this leak that sounds ligit. Jambi carries on with the heavy guitar and similar mixing, which seems to me like it could be a b-side from Aenima. The vocal style sounds more like Aenima as well.
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days really sounds like something they wrote during Lateralus without lyrics. Then When they came back with Maynard he wrote up the lyrics. On this note, the mixing is drastically different from the last two songs. The vocals are toned down and sound a lot more like APC. The solo in 10,000 Days sounds almost identical to the solo in (I think) Third Eye from Salival (or else it was Pushit I can't remember right now).
BTW, Im pretty much just rambling as I listen to the album for the 5th time today.
The Pot is deffinatly a pretty cool song, but again, drastically different from the other songs. The guitar again sounds like Aenima, the bongos and drums remind of Aenima, and the mixing is more vocal friendly. All that said, I do like the song, its one of the few on the leak that sounds very much like a Tool song.
Lipan Conjuring is just a joke, but so was Die Eir Von Satan so whatever. Lost Keys is just odd, especially concidering we just listened to a seguway track. Rosetta Stoned has some solid parts. Again the mixing gets a little bit unfriendly to the vocals, however it reminds me of Ticks And Leeches at some parts. At about 6 mins, the riff sounds AMAZINGLY familiar but I can't place it off the top of my head. The solo at around 8mins also sounds familiar. Intension is again mixed down, and it reminds me of Eon Blue Apocylpse. Also we hear a lot of the weird whispering towards the beginning that seems a little over used, and towards the end, the technoish drums a la linkin park sounds completley un-toolish.
Right In Two really sounds like a song from Lateralus, but is mixed down. Again the bongos are very similar to Salival. It is also one of the few songs on the album that have legit tool riffs.

And after all that, I still think it is a good album. If its a fake, sweet now i'll have 2 new Tool ablums. If its real (which it most likely is) oh well, its not Aenima or Lateralus but its still good and Im fine with it.

Thats my rant.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #271
Level 2 - Poster

Being a newb, I know no ones going to listen to this but in my humble opinion:

The whole B-side thing is really plausible. Just look at how much different Vicarious is from EVERY OTHER SONG. Not only is it mixed differently, but the guitar is much more toolish and the vocals are much more prominent then on any of the other songs. IMO Vicarious is the only song on this leak that sounds ligit. Jambi carries on with the heavy guitar and similar mixing, which seems to me like it could be a b-side from Aenima. The vocal style sounds more like Aenima as well.
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days really sounds like something they wrote during Lateralus without lyrics. Then When they came back with Maynard he wrote up the lyrics. On this note, the mixing is drastically different from the last two songs. The vocals are toned down and sound a lot more like APC. The solo in 10,000 Days sounds almost identical to the solo in (I think) Third Eye from Salival (or else it was Pushit I can't remember right now).
BTW, Im pretty much just rambling as I listen to the album for the 5th time today.
The Pot is deffinatly a pretty cool song, but again, drastically different from the other songs. The guitar again sounds like Aenima, the bongos and drums remind of Aenima, and the mixing is more vocal friendly. All that said, I do like the song, its one of the few on the leak that sounds very much like a Tool song.
Lipan Conjuring is just a joke, but so was Die Eir Von Satan so whatever. Lost Keys is just odd, especially concidering we just listened to a seguway track. Rosetta Stoned has some solid parts. Again the mixing gets a little bit unfriendly to the vocals, however it reminds me of Ticks And Leeches at some parts. At about 6 mins, the riff sounds AMAZINGLY familiar but I can't place it off the top of my head. The solo at around 8mins also sounds familiar. Intension is again mixed down, and it reminds me of Eon Blue Apocylpse. Also we hear a lot of the weird whispering towards the beginning that seems a little over used, and towards the end, the technoish drums a la linkin park sounds completley un-toolish.
Right In Two really sounds like a song from Lateralus, but is mixed down. Again the bongos are very similar to Salival. It is also one of the few songs on the album that have legit tool riffs.

And after all that, I still think it is a good album. If its a fake, sweet now i'll have 2 new Tool ablums. If its real (which it most likely is) oh well, its not Aenima or Lateralus but its still good and Im fine with it.

Thats my rant.
OFFLINE |  
Finny's Avatar Finny
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM

... you guys are all fucked in the head...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #272
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
F!end's Avatar F!end
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #273

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny
04-19-2006, 09:18 PM

The Pot sounds like it came directly off Undertow.. references to muddy waters and all..
Old 04-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #274
Level 4 - Thinker

The Pot sounds like it came directly off Undertow.. references to muddy waters and all..
OFFLINE |  
Enki
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM

Of what i know about Apache's, they were masters of misdirection (voice throwing, elaborate traps)

Of what i know about Maynard I believe he took a class at the same wilderness survival school that I have gone to, which is based on the ways of the Apache Scout

All else I know is that I was pretty excited to hear a Native American reference on this new album, and an Apache one at that.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #275

Bincount™: 2

Of what i know about Apache's, they were masters of misdirection (voice throwing, elaborate traps)

Of what i know about Maynard I believe he took a class at the same wilderness survival school that I have gone to, which is based on the ways of the Apache Scout

All else I know is that I was pretty excited to hear a Native American reference on this new album, and an Apache one at that.
OFFLINE |  
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM

for the people saying it's real, please STFU.

yes this is real tool music.

is this 10,000 days? who the fuck knows.

the answers won't be in our possession until may 2.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #276

Bincount™: 15

for the people saying it's real, please STFU.

yes this is real tool music.

is this 10,000 days? who the fuck knows.

the answers won't be in our possession until may 2.
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM

Sounds alot like left over stuff from other albums.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #277
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Sounds alot like left over stuff from other albums.
OFFLINE |  
Bodhi
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM

Doesn't anyone read Blair's fucking newsletters...The answers lie in there.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 PM   #278
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Doesn't anyone read Blair's fucking newsletters...The answers lie in there.
04-19-2006, 11:56 PM

Yeah man this leak is totally fake. The real deal comes out on 05/02. This was all just a big hoax by TOOL. The awesome music we are listening to is fake. WTF?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #279
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah man this leak is totally fake. The real deal comes out on 05/02. This was all just a big hoax by TOOL. The awesome music we are listening to is fake. WTF?
OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
Anyone who doesnt approach this whole thing with an open wind is a fucking idiot!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #280
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
Anyone who doesnt approach this whole thing with an open wind is a fucking idiot!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply