nethandleWompa1
05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Why did they write this song?

jdstrube
05-22-2007, 12:08 AM
They probably just thought it was funny

HelenA
05-22-2007, 12:45 AM
It IS funny! And yummy - I made the biscuits once.

hushypushy
05-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Why did I write this thread?

fixed

nethandleWompa1
05-22-2007, 11:16 AM
There is no mistaking it, this song is hilarious! I laugh every time I here it, but is there any specail reason for it? I read about it on Wikipidia, but I wasn't sure if they were right.

Resolution
05-30-2007, 09:22 AM
russian tea cakes anyone?

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-16-2007, 04:17 PM
it isnt russian, it's german. And it's hash cakes.

Liam
06-16-2007, 04:18 PM
no eggs tho

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-17-2007, 11:57 PM
very very true Liam. ALL who use eggs to make hash cake be damned!

mkean
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there really are some songs Tool makes up just for joking purposes. Although, that might be exactly what they want us to think.....*shifty eyes*

Resolution
06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
it isnt russian, it's german. And it's hash cakes.

i've been waiting for you

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-24-2007, 11:11 PM
^huh? well i'm back.

HelenA
06-24-2007, 11:54 PM
no eggs tho

Cook them, Liam - they are yummy

Liam
06-25-2007, 12:51 AM
how do they turn out? what are they similar to?
I'm pretty lazy, I need some motivation for this kind of thing.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
they fuck your shit up! you dont get much more motivation than that.

Inner_Eulogy
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I.M.O....the reason for this song was to be sarcastic. To people who either don't speak german or just don't know what this song really is, it sounds like some Hitler-esque ranting and raving (your parents would wonder), yet to the people that know, it's just a hash cake recipe. I think they threw it in there just to shake it up. Anybody remember the "toolsucks" website? They all thought Tool were devil worshippers..lol

dirkz
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
lol, yea, i remember my friend telling me frantically that it was a recipe to hatch a devil egg. I laughed a lot. He felt pretty dumb when I told him the truth.

Cheesegreater
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I.M.O....the reason for this song was to be sarcastic. To people who either don't speak german or just don't know what this song really is, it sounds like some Hitler-esque ranting and raving (your parents would wonder), yet to the people that know, it's just a hash cake recipe. I think they threw it in there just to shake it up. Anybody remember the "toolsucks" website? They all thought Tool were devil worshippers..lol

We have a winner! It sounds evil. Like Hitler giving one of his speeches, and the way the crowd reacts to it makes it even more convincing. They cheer, then they all groan like "ohh.. That's horrible." It's like Hitler is giving one of his great speeches to rally the troops, and it's spoken with a conviction that, to say the least, doesn't sound like a cooking recipe. They did it to fuck with people. For instance, what do you think the parents thought when they heard their kid listening to it in their bedroom. I'm sure they were a little shocked.

eulogy508
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Because Tool hates you.

LucidDruid
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Because Tool hates you.

Well what can you say to that?

(Not the 3 dots! anything but the 3 dots! Damn..... the 3 dots are never good!!)

Nvm, thought of something :P
"People who hate people, come together!" -- "no."

Inner_Eulogy
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
We have a winner! It sounds evil. Like Hitler giving one of his speeches, and the way the crowd reacts to it makes it even more convincing. They cheer, then they all groan like "ohh.. That's horrible." It's like Hitler is giving one of his great speeches to rally the troops, and it's spoken with a conviction that, to say the least, doesn't sound like a cooking recipe. They did it to fuck with people. For instance, what do you think the parents thought when they heard their kid listening to it in their bedroom. I'm sure they were a little shocked.

And the cool part about it is, that Message to Harry Manback is the counter-balance to this song in that it's all peaceful and spoken softly yet, when you know the words, it's hateful. I think these seques are pretty cool and the point is not to judge something by it's cover, learn for yourself. Not everything is what you simply assume it to be.

miketh74
07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Because Tool hates you.

LOL........I bet they do!!! I had my German grandma translate this while I was under the influence...hysterical.

The Holy Gift
07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
cheesegreater + inner_eulogy explanations = the answer. they are oppositions on the spectrum, the yin and the yang. message is about tranquility spewing forth hatred, while Satan is about chaos really being a damn recipe. exactly that, dont judge a book by its cover...look a little beneath the skin at these.

Dassarri
08-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Die Eier very much mirrors Tool as a whole. Look beyond he surface, not all is as it seems, it's easy to misunderstand and judge. This was one of the songs that initially made me fall in love with Tool. I'm fluent in German, so the ridiculousness of the song struck me immediately and inspired me look further into other songs.