PDA

View Full Version : Lateralis

maelstroms_child
07-22-2003, 03:27 AM
am i the only one that noticed that on the back of the album cover to "lateralus", where they have the names of the songs, it says "lateralis" for the title of song number nine...so why does everyone keep refering to this song as "lateralus"...? Tell me what you think. Do I have a dodgy copy? I'm from Australia so maby they printed them different over here? Tell me your thoughts.

barbeque
12-09-2003, 06:39 PM
I've always had the exact same question.

Thrakandor
12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
*Shrugs*

This has been covered before.

*Gaze drifts to the 'search' function*

Chris_Brightwell
12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
It's even in the FAQ.

Imagine that.

Secrets&Stilettos
12-09-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure about the spelling differences, but....

Lateralus – Vastus Lateralis (I’ve seen it spelled Lateralus as well) – It’s your outer thigh muscle necessary for walking where its primary function is balance and support.
Also, Lateral – Of, or constituting a change within an organization to a position at a similar level. (Lateral – us. Let us become lateral). Lateral thinking. They all mean the same thing. It makes sense with the overall feel of the album. I can see why it is the title song / name of the album.

Torpid_Prey
12-10-2003, 01:55 AM
Jeez i never even noticed that before! i mean i noticed Ænema (song) on the CD Ænima but i never saw that...

i wonder if "Undertow" or "Opiate" is spelt different on the songs too :P

hyeboy
12-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Actually, that was a typo only found on the first run or so of the album's production. That is why no one refers to it as Lateralis. If you bought a later copy of the album, you would find that both the album and track spellings are the same. Sorry, guys. No hidden meanings on this one.

Torpid_Prey
12-10-2003, 02:46 PM
fuck

thats the last time i buy a cd new release :P