PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow never knows

orange_knickers
04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
For some reason this totally crazy song always makes me in an excellent mood, kinda gigglish... :) The total lack of any ambition to make any kind of sense is just so liberating (it might of course make sense to someone else). First time I heard it I immediately thought of Beatles Tomorrow never knows, and what a funny parody it would be of that song... There is no similarity in lyrics at all, I know, but the mood and the sound... hehe Anyone else ever think of it, while listening to this ?

HelenA
04-27-2007, 01:26 AM
I always wonder whether Maynard actually has all that stuff: lazy boy, curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting. he sounds more the polished floor-board type of guy.

orange_knickers
04-27-2007, 02:15 AM
I always wonder whether Maynard actually has all that stuff: lazy boy, curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting. he sounds more the polished floor-board type of guy.

lol... I'd be really surprised..sounds a bit cluttered, yeah.

HelenA
04-27-2007, 03:00 AM
lol... I'd be really surprised..sounds a bit cluttered, yeah.

And.. soft?!

orange_knickers
04-27-2007, 05:48 AM
And.. soft?!

lol...yeah. Though I still haven't quite made up my mind about his beeing an hardass or not. lol There seems to be (now this will be so totally girlygirl a comment now...) like this, oooh, so soft and deep thing about his texts, and then this total testosterone aggression... I dunno, hard to say... Maybe he likes lazy boys and curtains... though... arm chair covers...? lol

HelenA
04-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Maybe he is hard and deep at the same time.

orange_knickers
04-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Maybe he is hard and deep at the same time.

Most probably.

hushypushy
04-27-2007, 09:34 AM
This song actually really reminds me of early Pink Floyd. It just clicked for me the other day, I was actually going to come here and post, so kudos that you already made a thread. I've been listening to lots of early Pink Floyd (the Syd Barrett material), and this track really reminds me of it. I can't even figure out what song it reminds me of, but the little walking bassline reminds me a lot of Waters' early playing, the subdued drumming reminds me of Mason, the wandering guitar and the vocals remind me of Barrett.

But, in general, I think that this is just a homage to 60's psychedelic rock, and an excellent one at that. Would've been sweet if they made a whole album like this.

orange_knickers
04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
This song actually really reminds me of early Pink Floyd. It just clicked for me the other day, I was actually going to come here and post, so kudos that you already made a thread. I've been listening to lots of early Pink Floyd (the Syd Barrett material), and this track really reminds me of it. I can't even figure out what song it reminds me of, but the little walking bassline reminds me a lot of Waters' early playing, the subdued drumming reminds me of Mason, the wandering guitar and the vocals remind me of Barrett.

But, in general, I think that this is just a homage to 60's psychedelic rock, and an excellent one at that. Would've been sweet if they made a whole album like this.

I often find bits and pieces in Tools music that remind me of Pink Floyd, but unfortunately I can't put my finger on the specific elements like u do.. I'll have to listen to that stuff again now. :)
It would sure be nice to hear more like this from Tool... hehe