PDA

View Full Version : Radio/short edit

Sprry75
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
The album tack has the secret hidden track thing after this song; does anyone know how/where I can get just Opiate, and then have it cut off when the song ends without the extended silence and hidden track thing?

I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to just do it by myself, by the way.

+++++Darth+++++
01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
download it off of a peer2peer site like MP3 Rocket or Limewire.

PShepherd11
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
What I did was play it on another CD player and use a microphone to record it on Windows Sound Recorder. The sound quality wasn't too bad either; it's pretty simple to do as well.

hushypushy
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Just rip it to wave, put it in any wave converter, chop it off, you're done. Or if you already have the file, decode it to wave, cut it off, and re-encode it.

PSheperd11: That sounds like just about the worst idea ever.

Ænimic4six1
01-21-2007, 05:49 AM
use Windows Movie Maker...put in the audiofile and cut it right in two =P

PShepherd11
01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Just rip it to wave, put it in any wave converter, chop it off, you're done. Or if you already have the file, decode it to wave, cut it off, and re-encode it.

PSheperd11: That sounds like just about the worst idea ever.

Hey man, that was about 7 years ago, having had a lot less computer experience. It was what worked for me at the time; I never said it was the best way to do it.

Besides, the guy who asked said he (or she) wasn't computer savvy and it's easy to do.

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
if you use itunes then there is an easy way to do it. go into the get info for the track and onder one of the tabs it says start time: stop time: just put it whatever time you want it to stop. i use this sometimes to split up 2 part songs, or sometimes ill put the song on twice, and make the second start at the secret song, so you dont have to wait for the acid + excasty song

Sprry75
02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice advice, thanks.

paravariations
03-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Use an audio recording software to cut off the end of the song. Some I know of are: Audacity, Sony Acid, Sound Forge, and Wave Pad.

dxs
05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
The album tack has the secret hidden track thing after this song; does anyone know how/where I can get just Opiate, and then have it cut off when the song ends without the extended silence and hidden track thing?

I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to just do it by myself, by the way.

I can do it for you.

dxs
05-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Use an audio recording software to cut off the end of the song. Some I know of are: Audacity, Sony Acid, Sound Forge, and Wave Pad.

Those programs are expensive unless you get them off limewire, though.

Yast3r
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Those programs are expensive unless you get them off limewire, though.

Audacity = Free.

Chris_Brightwell
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
iTunes will let you select which part of the song to play or rip, so you can only play or rip exactly the piece that you want.

dxs
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
What, really?
How do you do it?

Chris_Brightwell
05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
http://stashbox.org/125023/Picture%201.png

Angel on the Sideline
05-28-2008, 04:35 AM
PSheperd11: That sounds like just about the worst idea ever.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at that comment. That is a shitty idea, but I see where the guy was coming from. He was trying to give a low-tech solution to someone who doesn't understand computers much (or at least it seems).

My recommendation would be to sing as much of the song as you want and record yourself. Then just hit the stop button on your cassette player whenever you want to cut off the song. LOL.

dxs
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Or get TOOL to come to your house, lol.

If you want to go the extra mile, I'd suggest you just call up a radio station and ask them to hook you up.
Or just make a request or something.