PDA

View Full Version : Cencorship?

UncnciousShadow
06-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Hush, not one of their best, but I can understand what maynard is saying. Its not hard to get thanks to the music video, the song is about censorship.

"People tell me what to say,
what to think ,
and what to play."

The record companies have so much control over what is heard and what isnt, and this clearly shows Tool's views on this.

I looked at this song differently the other day, not taking into concideration the video.... and it made me think of Carl Jung and his theory on the unconcious.

Hush could also be interpreted as how much control our collective unconcious have over what we say and do.....

brettmck10
06-15-2003, 09:43 PM
blow up the outside world,,,please

BackToMyKnees
06-18-2003, 12:39 PM
It isn't necessarily the record companies fault. And I actually think censorship, as far as music goes, isn't that bad today. There are still people who want to ban certain music, but they wont succeed.

"There is no middle ground when it comes to censorhip. You're either for it or against it."
-Tom Morello

Ghostwriter
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
no duh

PantRabbits
09-17-2011, 11:39 PM
it's sort of like when your friend tells you to listen to a song he likes to fap to, and you know the song will be horrible, but you look it up anyways. then you avoid the friend to all of eternity.

but not really...