PDA

View Full Version : drumming?

W_I_E
09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
this song sounds like danney is using his hands any one else hear this?

mr. nikki jensen
10-29-2006, 02:50 AM
havent seen it live, so i cant comfirm it or not, but yea it could sound like hes using his hands at first, when after the atmospheric guitar chances to sticks for the "electronic" part. I dont know.

duncang
10-29-2006, 02:53 AM
havent seen it live, so i cant comfirm it or not, but yea it could sound like hes using his hands at first, when after the atmospheric guitar chances to sticks for the "electronic" part. I dont know.

I don't think they've played the whole thing yet, just the last 10 seconds or so as an intro to Right In Two.

Salvatorin
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
woha..wooha...yeah but so what if he uses his hands?

Salvatorin
01-02-2007, 01:35 PM
a good place to read about danny carey is............dannycarey.com or .org or somethin like that. It says about what kind of drummin styles he uses. Not thats really related to the thread, sry.

joetool
01-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I THINK IT STARTS OFF WITH SOME BONGOS AND THEN KICKS IN WITH ELECTRIC HI-HATS AND BASS DRUM ITS A VERY SMOOTH SONG

wearethestories
02-13-2007, 10:47 PM
The whole song is played using Danny's new electronic drum that he helped create, the "Mandala" (sp?, see toolband for full story). The idea is that not only the drum itself, but separate zones on the drum, can be programmed to play any variety of sounds including the "hand" sounds as well as the synthetic/electronic sounds towards the end of the song.