PDA

View Full Version : weep like a widow

evilentity
11-24-2002, 10:10 PM
any thoughts on what this means?

I know a lot of people will talk about Lachrymology, but its been fairly well established that that was a hoax, a red herring...

Nonetheless, crying does seem to be a central theme in Maynard's writing, so...

Does this spark anyone's thoughts?

Oh... one more thought. Could this also be tied to the "current" of water imagery running through Tool's songs?

okkoto
11-25-2002, 10:06 AM
hmmm maynard does like water doesnt he. i always thought that imagery was only on undertow but it definately is in parts of ænema and this song.

i inturpret this song as just letting go. just letting your emmotions guide you. flowing sort of like water and connecting with a higher power/state of being/consciousness by letting yourself flow; sort of daoist, wu wei. realizing that there is beauty and power within you and within the world around you and having that elevate you. people talk about 3rd eye being about transcendance but really this is the song.

crying is definately a release and a purge and as far as water imagery goes there is also the fountain.

TheHollow
11-25-2002, 10:24 AM
Well Lacrimism is all about discovery through crying... Maybe that's where it's from... Just a thought...