PDA

View Full Version : just another idea

faaip de oaid
04-26-2003, 08:34 AM
well, as lateralus has many different meanings to it... i think its mainly an overview of tools way of thinking and stuff.

as the spiral mentioned has several different meanings, which is (obviously) purposly done, i think another aspect is dealing with the flower of life, which is all about love.

"One of the characteristics of the Golden Mean Spiral is that it continues on in ever diminishing spirals. The spiral soon becomes so infinitesimal that, theoretically, it could break the plane of one dimension and enter another dimension. Once it does this it could begin again inside another dimension as a comparatively large spiral, working its way down to becoming smaller yet again until it would break that dimensional plane and move into another one and onward into infinity. Even though this is a linear model, it will be sufficient to demonstrate the basic idea."

and as everyone knows, the fibonacci sequence is used to make spirals. and maynard sings to the fibonacci sequence, so maybe hes trying to make a spiral, or spiral out.

i think throughout the whole song hes just trying to get us to push our limits, "step out" as he says.
all the themes used on lateralus are an attempt to break through to a more evolved state of being. and to do that, you have to be in tune with your mind, your emotions, and other aspects of living. and they all apply on lateralus. tool is just covering everything.
so overall, as simple as it may seem, lateralus is simply about becoming more, even through intricate and complicated methods.

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind"

no matter how much you think, youre working for a goal. it may require alot of thinking, but you have to keep in perspective what you really want.

well it makes sense in my head, hopefully i explained it well enough to understand.