PDA

View Full Version : quiet background noise

fear + loathing
11-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Probably all of you have heard this already but at the beggining of this song you hear the exclamation "yeah" followeed very quietly by maynard saying "i just sat down for a coffe now i have to go sing" then the song starts. Just a funny little fact my friend told me about.

ProfoundHaytred
11-26-2002, 10:01 AM
i remeber hearing that also its kidna funny how maynard says things.

hateandvaseline
12-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Maynard... what a guy...

Mark D
12-01-2002, 02:17 PM
i think maynard likes to just throw random "extras" into his songs just to get you thinking. It kinda distracts from the actual meaning of the song but, who cares?

Smarter Critter
01-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by fear + loathing
Probably all of you have heard this already but at the beggining of this song you hear the exclamation "yeah" followeed very quietly by maynard saying "i just sat down for a coffe now i have to go sing" then the song starts. Just a funny little fact my friend told me about.

i just turned it up and listen carefully (trying my best, im a little air-headed from friday night), and i think it says "i was just having fun drinking my coffee and now i gotta sing"

larips
01-13-2003, 07:42 AM
I agree with you all. This interesting piece of trivia is the higlight of the song. Love tool, but least favourite tool song = Part of me.