PDA

View Full Version : Revised track order

mardukas
07-04-2006, 09:11 PM
I thought Intension was too much of a slow-down after Rosetta Stoned, so I moved The Pot in between RS and Intension. A much more gradual decompression, if you will.

Dolophane
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I agree it's a pretty drastic change between RS and Intension. My alternate version places Intension after Jambi, which I think works quite well.

Matt8
07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
i like it the way it is. rosetta stoned explodes and then its like intension is the aftermath in a sound sence. the album feels very good to me the way it flows.

x3rdIx
07-27-2006, 03:44 AM
Blah....

Ænimic4six1
01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
its like Ticks and Leeches to Lateralus to D/R/T...burst,burst,chill out

swampyfool
01-17-2007, 07:07 AM
I thought Intension was too much of a slow-down after Rosetta Stoned, so I moved The Pot in between RS and Intension. A much more gradual decompression, if you will.

This is so dumb.

savoie2006
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
If you move Intension then you would have to move Right In Two as well because they are connected in some strange way.

wearethestories
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
If you move Intension then you would have to move Right In Two as well because they are connected in some strange way.

same thought.

let's just keep it the way they gave* it to us.

*sold?

Inner_Eulogy
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I think it makes sense as it is....if anybody's experienced a hard trip, after the craziness and peeking hours later you finally start coming down and everything seems calm and peaceful and at least for me that's about the point I start thinking deeply about nature and thinking through ideas and feelings. The calm after the storm per sey. Maybe this is Dave's calm down period after getting out of the hospital and then Right In Two is him in deep thought about how pitiful and greedy humanity can be. Then comes Viginti Tres, when he finally falls asleep he has this vivid crazy ass dream of being abducted or whatever it's supposed to represent.

nocatharsis
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
listen to the non reversed words of this song, there's a line where it's like "Forge a blade and slay the stranger" or something, as in "forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it... Right In Two." I have to admit I used to skip through this track, but now it's just as important as listening to Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned together. or better yet, listening to the album all the way through.

Ghostwriter
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I love the conversion from Rosetta Stoned to Intension because the noise in the beginning makes me think of debris falling from the sky and "white noise"... I think it is a great transition!