PDA

View Full Version : An Overlaping Theory

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
OK, anyone who has played this song backward to hear the "work hard..." part know that it sounds really cool backward. so i decided to sync the backwards track up to the foward track just for shits & giggles. the end result is how i think this song should be listend to. it sounds fuking amazing! (and im not on DXM you dicks) so take the time and give it a try.

theDEXorphan
06-03-2006, 02:46 PM
i tried it also and it's amazing. theres no doubt in my head that this was tools Intension!!!

and i'm not on DXM you Dicks!!!!

hail satan!

HallsOfMandos
06-03-2006, 02:51 PM
"Remember that a few years ago, you play albums backwards there are satanic messages? Let me tell you something, if you've ever sat around playing your albums backwards, you are Satan." ~ Another Dead Hero

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
"Remember that a few years ago, you play albums backwards there are satanic messages? Let me tell you something, if you've ever sat around playing your albums backwards, you are Satan." ~ Another Dead Hero

yeah, you tell us Bill!

theDEXorphan
06-03-2006, 03:02 PM

there actually is a backwars vocal track before he starts singing. it's pretty funny.

oh an bill hicks is satan!!!!
hail satan!!!

theDEXorphan
06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams

hitch hikers guide!!!!!

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 03:26 PM

lol, i just watched this same exact special on Friday Night Stan-Up yesterday.

#Notion
06-03-2006, 03:42 PM
You can all suck satans cock.

Sorry I'm on DXM....3 bottles...

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-03-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm on DXM....3 bottles...

you should listen to this song while synced up with itself backwards and get naken, then tomorrow let me know how it was.

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 08:11 PM
you should listen to this song while synced up with itself backwards and get naken, then tomorrow let me know how it was.

...lol.

rogerdoger
06-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Haha... funny.

innerspacegirl
06-04-2006, 10:48 AM

that's bad advice you know...

whitewater
06-04-2006, 10:52 AM
OK, anyone who has played this song backward to hear the "work hard..." part know that it sounds really cool backward. so i decided to sync the backwards track up to the foward track just for shits & giggles. the end result is how i think this song should be listend to. it sounds fuking amazing! (and im not on DXM you dicks) so take the time and give it a try.

I tried it and it sounds pretty bad.

i tried it also and it's amazing. theres no doubt in my head that this was tools Intension!!!

and i'm not on DXM you Dicks!!!!

hail satan!

No, clearly it wasn't their intention. It doesn't sound good.

Gnome_Chomsky
06-04-2006, 10:53 AM
All kidding aside, the forward + backward layer sounds AMAZING. try this it makes the song seem much more fitting on the album.

theDEXorphan
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
All kidding aside, the forward + backward layer sounds AMAZING. try this it makes the song seem much more fitting on the album.

definatly does.

Loveboat Captain
06-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Someone do it for me. im too lazy.

whitewater
06-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Someone do it for me. im too lazy.

Alright:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A3EE196A7F8E1943

Intension played forward, and intension played backwards at the same time = fucking horrible.

WTF is wrong with you people's brains that you think this actually sounds good... or even BETTER than intension on it's own?

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Intension played forward, and intension played backwards at the same time = fucking horrible.

WTF is wrong with you people's brains that you think this actually sounds good... or even BETTER than intension on it's own?

I think it really fills out the song. sounds great imo.

Exegesis
06-05-2006, 08:50 AM

it must suck to need to do that to enjoy Intension.

whitewater
06-05-2006, 09:47 AM
it must suck to need to do that to enjoy Intension.

Finally, a voice of sanity within this thread.

theDEXorphan
06-05-2006, 12:07 PM
ok....

there's something wrong with you thread bashers.
just because somebody presents a reasonable theory doesn't mean there attacking your ideas. why must you attack them.
overlapping intensoin actually sounds pretty cool. alot cooler than the V.T. and wings thing.

honestly it sounds cool and when i said it must have been tools intension, i was just making a pun. so chill the fuck out and learn to respect ideas rather than shit on them you assholes.

i like leefnaspleafs' post though. if your gonna bash a thread at least be funny like he did.

hail satan!

whitewater
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
ok....

there's something wrong with you thread bashers.
just because somebody presents a reasonable theory doesn't mean there attacking your ideas. why must you attack them.
overlapping intensoin actually sounds pretty cool. alot cooler than the V.T. and wings thing.

honestly it sounds cool and when i said it must have been tools intension, i was just making a pun. so chill the fuck out and learn to respect ideas rather than shit on them you assholes.

i like leefnaspleafs' post though. if your gonna bash a thread at least be funny like he did.

hail satan!

I could have been many-times more harsh than I was in my previous post, and perhaps I should have done -- you need a wake up call.

Whatever. Have it your way, right?

Enjoy destroying Tool's opus.

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I could have been many-times more harsh than I was in my previous post, and perhaps I should have done -- you need a wake up call.

Whatever. Have it your way, right?

Enjoy destroying Tool's opus.

you too brutha... rock on!

Gnome_Chomsky
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
well you have to admit, when the vocals first come in on the Layerd tracks they sound alot more dramatic.

theDEXorphan
06-07-2006, 03:27 PM
i've listend to this again and it kinda sux

whitewater
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
i've listend to this again and it kinda sux

Not only am I glad to see that you're coming around, but I'm glad that you're admitting to it.

Cucumber_11
06-08-2006, 11:35 AM

You realise the title means:
in·ten·sion

NOUN:

1. The state or quality of being intense; intensity.
2. The act of becoming intense or more intense; intensification.
3. Logic The sum of the attributes contained in a term.

and not:

in·ten·tion

NOUN:

1. A course of action that one intends to follow.
1. An aim that guides action; an objective.
2. intentions Purpose with respect to marriage: honorable intentions.

I just felt like pointing that out because I didn't notice it at first. Even if you did know that i still feel like pointing it out just in case someone didn't know.

...whatever...

The remix was interesting. Definatly not intended, and definatly not as good as the orignal mix though. Just about listenable. Anyone tried this technique with other trackS?

theDEXorphan
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
to Cucumber_11:

yes i noticed. it was ment to be a pun/play on words.

Terry21
06-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Omg, I just found something out! When you put this white thing out, where you put the cd in, there is a secret message on the bottom! It is:

hail satan!