PDA

View Full Version : The most evil Tool song, ever.

duncang
05-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Listen to Third Eye, and it isn't evil, but when it reaches the "Prying open my third eye!" parts and at 3:56, I am actually intimidated. More so than The Grudge's "scarring lullaby", more so than anything on Opiate, more so Faaip De Oiad.

Maynard just sounds like a machine, a killing machine.

koobcam
05-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Yeh, it is harsh.

wearethestories
05-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Maynard just sounds like a machine, a killing machine.
Yes, well....

point?

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
06-21-2006, 08:08 PM
it does have a very sinister tone to it.

Pushit666
07-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I've never been a fan of that part, but it's never intimidated me or otherwise rubbed me the wrong way.

ShadowLine
07-21-2006, 03:49 PM
i think it probably one of the best parts of the song, so raw and full of energy. how the fuck does maynard do it?

chris
x

PriceisRight
07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
i think it probably one of the best parts of the song, so raw and full of energy. how the fuck does maynard do it?

chris
x

....he emotes....and can yell really fucking loud.

TJP
08-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Best fucking Tool song EVER!

ShadowLine
08-13-2006, 05:05 PM
this is one of the most well crafted pieces of music ever. and i believe that seriously. simply amazing.

chris
x

DeepDepth
08-21-2006, 11:23 AM
...AND NO EGGs!!

::hides::

mr. nikki jensen
08-22-2006, 07:57 AM
...AND NO EGGs!!

::hides::

muhahaha....

somniferousalmondeye
09-03-2006, 02:17 AM
yeah, at first i thought this song was harsh and too heavy, but then its so soothing, "so glad its over, i missed you so much......"that part of the song makes the prying open my third eye part balance out.

philipg
09-03-2006, 11:54 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4601719908082519807&q=tool+third+eye&hl=en

its sad. it goes from evil to thirsty.
maybe thats why they started only doing 4 repititions at the end of third eye live, like on salival, rather than the longer, drawn out and possibly destructive towards the vocal chords amount.

RedMetalSox
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
You Lied=Much more evil.

nathe
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM

chris
x

agreed

its an amazing part of the song

i think its the silence that does it.

the whole band thrashing away when he sings "prying open my third eye", with a sudden juxtaposition with the complete silence is just amazing. and it makes it sound like its bursting with energy

the bit round 3:59 is the same. it dosent go completley silent, but its very stop start, goes between real loud and real soft. thats what gives it its energy.

maynard yelling adds to it aswell...he has the best voice!

RaG3aH0liC
09-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I find it impressive how captivating this song is despite its length. Most songs that are that long hit a lull.....this one just keeps comin like a freight train

_pureguava_
10-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Die Eier von Satan is fucking more evil.

Agreed....well at least untill I found out it was about satans balls.

Red Yehti
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Tool at its heaviest and most intimidating. When i heard this song played live in Reno, Maynard disappeared off stage for 3 minutes before he sang the first verse. He left Adam, Justin, and Danny to improvise and "jam" until he came back. They did not disappoint. That part of the song made me feel like i was witnessing something dark and ominous. I watched the crowd below me and felt like i was at some kind of Pagan mass with the worshipers waiting for the high preist to materialize at his place on the altar.

Mr. Electric Ocean
10-05-2006, 06:33 AM
I think stinkfist has to be one of the most evil songs.

I mean sure it doesn't sound that way but the lyrics are really munipulative and have an under the ground need or desire that the speaker is giving to the listener. Its giving someone comfort because you know that through it you are getting what you want and control of them because thats what feeds you thats what drives you... and in my opinion that is a pretty sick characteristic. It also touches on the fact that they know its a problem but as long as it works for them they are going to keep pushing.

Eh?

Mr. Electric Ocean
10-05-2006, 06:37 AM
I mean it could be about desensitizing but has multiple view points and I take this on as the form of muniplative characteristics in a human being.

philipg
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Tool at its heaviest and most intimidating. When i heard this song played live in Reno, Maynard disappeared off stage for 3 minutes before he sang the first verse. He left Adam, Justin, and Danny to improvise and "jam" until he came back. They did not disappoint. That part of the song made me feel like i was witnessing something dark and ominous. I watched the crowd below me and felt like i was at some kind of Pagan mass with the worshipers waiting for the high preist to materialize at his place on the altar.

haah maynard probably had to go and piss, he drinks so much water on stage.

fretforyourfigure462
10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Him sounding like a killing machine is one of the most appealing parts of the song to me. Actually, it's really fuckin sexy to me..

I guess violence and intimidation strikes me in a positive way.