PDA

View Full Version : what the bleep do we know?

silerwen
05-07-2006, 11:43 AM
just wondering if any saw this movie?

the line "moved by will alone" made me think of the monk that prayed over the water and then took pics of the water molecules after meditating upon certain feelings.

mulhollanddriven
05-07-2006, 12:42 PM
just wondering if any saw this movie?

the line "moved by will alone" made me think of the monk that prayed over the water and then took pics of the water molecules after meditating upon certain feelings.

Heh...you should do some research on that movie and who funded it...pretty sure that Tool would be pretty adament about that movie being evil. Google it and you will see what I mean.

eni mann
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
That movie was a really nice packaging of bullshit. If you know even a basic understanding about quantum mechanics, you know it's bullshit. Even a couple of the "real" experts interviewed came out against it after it released saying they were mislead and taken out of context.

And yeah, take mulhollanddriven's advice and look up who funded it and what they do for a living.

somniferousalmondeye
09-04-2006, 05:25 AM
i find the film inspirational, even if you say its bullshit and it ends up being true, isn't what you take away from it more important than just who funded it or if everything is 100% true. i still like the film and the message, as far as it being bullshit, prove it. respond with a link, don't just bash it and leave no evidence to the claim.

leftfootblue
09-04-2006, 07:48 AM
the fact that it was made by a cult should be reason enough.

toolgeek
11-06-2006, 03:48 PM
the fact that it was made by a cult should be reason enough.

I saw it thinking oooh quantum physics is cool. I think it was a scientology thing though. Whatever...

I have been very curious about quantum physics since listening to tool. Has anyone else had experiences that make you think that the infinite possibilities that exist in front of this moment are choices to be made? I don't know quite how to put this, but it seems like events that would logically be out of my individual control can be moved by my will alone.

Intolerable
01-27-2007, 09:33 PM
The part describing how the native americans "couldn't see boats" because they had no concept on what a boat was just made me laugh out loud.

ManicMuppets
02-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Haha i wouldnt say its evil. Would highly suggest a healthy amount of skepticism when watching this movie though, or its revised version -What the bleep do we know? Down the rabbit hole-

If you happen to believe in superposition and the power of intention check out this article. http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/01jan/scientistsoul.html
Talks about memories and thoughts existing external from the brain and how the lack of a physical consciousness suggest a possible non-local observer at the wheel of our brains.

I personally dont believe anything people come up with to explain the universe and our existance. Our brains are far to creative to see things the way they really are. The opinions and interpretations of tool's work is a perfect example of that. I just enjoy the ride, and rather enjoyed that movie.

fnshmetal
02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
go rent waking life instead

ufopancakes
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I thought it was a good movie. I can't quite see what a "Cult" would have to gain by it. I don't particularly feel like lining up for a mass suicide after watching... I have heard a lot of things of the strangeness of quantum physics. For the people that don't agree with this movies representation: What alternate sources of information would you recommend?

Cheesegreater
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
so what are you saying, that we should only watch things that tool would approve of?

Thank you for saying that. It's a good movie. There are plenty of things shared in the movie that are common theories shared by people in the field of quantum physics. Like when the kid bounces the basketball and they illustrate how the basketball never truly makes contact with the court. That merely the electro-magnetic fields of the ball and the court repel from each other. The same is true with every atom in our body, and in fact, the atoms in our body at times are very far apart from one another. What makes things appear solid or liquid are the speeds at which the atoms travel.

Imagine a fan in rotation. At any given moment it never take up all the space of it revolutions, but if we were to push our hand into it, we would feel it hit in any given space of it rotation.
The movie shares a lot of truths, either way you look at it.

blake_bergeron
03-09-2008, 05:42 PM
i liked the movie too... whether it was fiction or non fiction, it was entertaining... a lot of the stuff that was said made sense to me... and i never felt like i was being led one way or the other... what cult is responsible, by the way??? one quote from the film has stuck with me though... i don't remember the woman's name who said it but the line was(speaking about the mind), 'how can one continue to see the world as 'real' when the thing that perceives it to be real is intangible?'... i thought that was a really good question... one worth pondering...

cade_nce
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Truly, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.