PDA

View Full Version : Disposition, Reflection, Intention

EleventhEye
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Posted this on the main forum, sorry if its repetitive.

If you have 10,000 Days, try listening to Disposition, Reflection, Intention. They go together so well, it sounds really amazing.

P.S.: not a conspiracy theory, or saying that Intention fits better than triad, but the emotion built by Disposition and Reflection carry over to Intention.

caliphornia
04-23-2006, 12:44 AM
intention is my fave song on 10,000 days. the lyrical content gets down to organic, spiritualistic subjects (IMO) i.e. " spark becomes a flame, flame becomes a fire." and "mention this to me, watch the weather change." it's simplistic lyrics like these that made me get into tool in the first place.

delysid
04-23-2006, 02:32 AM
the lyrics are so cool to me.....its like Tool's native american song or something...its gives me a warm feeling and somehow connects straight to my Cherokee ancestry....I love this song....

mike09
04-23-2006, 05:00 AM
I can hear the connection between the songs, threadstarter. It's hard to tell if they really fit because of the sound effects at the end of Reflection that are used to flow into Triad. Plus, some of the electric drums on Intension don't really fit with the other two. However, the song definitely has a very similar feel to it, so maybe you're right.

Nietzsche's Dead
04-23-2006, 07:50 AM
reflection is the climax of Lateralus, imo, and its my favorite tool song of all time. cant be topped, sry ;))

mike09
04-23-2006, 11:13 AM
reflection is the climax of Lateralus, imo, and its my favorite tool song of all time. cant be topped, sry ;))

That has absolutely no relevance to this thread whatsoever.

jaydawg53
04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
That has absolutely no relevance to this thread whatsoever.

so? stop whining and just read on...

mike09
04-23-2006, 02:17 PM
so? stop whining and just read on...

Because it was the last post in the thread douchebag

#Notion
04-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Well.. reflection is my all-time favorite too.

mike09
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
cool

EleventhEye
04-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, I know you can't top Reflection, and you can't split up Lateralus/Disposition/Reflection, or Eon/Patient, but try this playlist. It's kinda introspective, something you can chill out to if you're not feelin a heavy vibe. Tell me what you think =)

01. Eon Blue Apocalypse
02. Wings for Marie
03. 10,000 Days
04. Disposition
05. Reflection
06. Intention
07. Right in Two
08. Parabol
09. Parabola
10. The Patient

intoaneye
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
The title of the song is Intension not Intention.

EleventhEye
04-23-2006, 08:59 PM
My bad. Intension it is. Good lookin out.

eonphi
04-24-2006, 02:03 AM
i love this song...i'm gonna try and mix 10,000 days and lateralus into a cool new playlist...everyone else try!

Carbonatedgravy
04-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Yes, I know you can't top Reflection, and you can't split up Lateralus/Disposition/Reflection, or Eon/Patient, but try this playlist. It's kinda introspective, something you can chill out to if you're not feelin a heavy vibe. Tell me what you think =)

01. Eon Blue Apocalypse
02. Wings for Marie
03. 10,000 Days
04. Disposition
05. Reflection
06. Intention
07. Right in Two
08. Parabol
09. Parabola
10. The Patient

Doesn't look bad, but if I'm looking for smooth transition in the content I think I'd stick The Patient after Right in Two. And I'd probably have to end the whole thing with Lateralus.

ladiatia
04-25-2006, 04:34 AM
I think it sounds better without PARABOLA and Right in two (I love the two tracks don't get me wrong).

Salud!

16fingers
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Doesn't look bad, but if I'm looking for smooth transition in the content I think I'd stick The Patient after Right in Two. And I'd probably have to end the whole thing with Lateralus.

i'd have to strongly agree just because- Lateralus has to be one of the most energy-filled songs i've ever heard. at the end of the song you can feel yourself involuntarily moving to that monstrous distorted guitar with the moaning bass lines, words CANNOT describe Danny's stuff, and Maynard is just belitng into the mic. i love it.

that is the main thing i love about tool, the THOUGHT put into the music.... you can't get that anywhere else.

back to Intension, amazing song and I love how you can tell that Danny is going off on those electric pads but they're all sound effects, awesome shit.

Emericana
04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
any tool song is better to follow reflection than triad (which very well may be one of the worst songs by any decent modern rock band).

everybody is entitled to their own opinion. i 100% disagree with you.

slicknickshady
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
It would be interesting. I have a feeling

Intension and Right In Two will be the Reflection & Lateralus of this album and upcoming tours. I'm not saying Intension and Right In Two are as great as some of the best songs of all time Reflection & Lateralus i'm just saying they are great songs that are like those classics from the previous album.

seneca77
04-26-2006, 06:37 AM
any tool song is better to follow reflection than triad (which very well may be one of the worst songs by any decent modern rock band).

i respect your opinion, however after seeing triad live as a 20 minute jam with guys from meshugah (sp?), it just blew my mind and took me places that i had not previously been. to this day it is one of my favorite jams.

Seethus
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I dont know how you can think this. Sorry...