PDA

View Full Version : Faaip de Oiad + Rosetta Stoned?

Systolic
04-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Anyone else find a strange similarity with the contexts of these songs?

I may be grasping at straws, but that just jumped out at me.

FistFck
04-19-2006, 06:23 AM
definately. theres that similarity, the fact that intension has the same guitar riff as eon blue apocalypse, and that tool have previously played wings for marie at live concerts inbetween songs. tool have also already done a "chanting" segue (mantra), and a song criticizing hypocrites (HWAP)..... dunno what this all means... but the new music we have definately kicks ass.

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't think systolic was referring to the similarities musically.

The first time I heard it I thought Faaip de Oiad, too. It make me think that this is what could've/would've happened to the guy who made that phone call. It's kind of terrifying in a way.

FistFck
04-19-2006, 08:07 AM
i know not musically... but i was pointing out all the other similarities that have been found with these tracks and songs.

klyle13
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
It's obviously a character that was abducted by aliens. The title Faaip de Oiad is Enochian, which is a possible "Angelic Language", or more likely, an "alien dialiect" as it has been possibly described...Tool is all about "evolving" to the next state of existance, so on...

Loveboat Captain
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
The character on Rossetta Stoned is tripping on LSD. Faaip De Oiad is based on a phone call to a radio station. Maybe they are saying that the man in that phone call was on LSD. Showing what a powrful affect the drug has on the brain.

Godamn, shit the bed.

Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Close, i think it does have some faaip de oiad undertowns, it has alot of thrid eye overtones. and i heard that vegenti tres sounds bad ass with (-)ions playing at 23 seconds into Vegenti tres. If thats the case, then it would make since that Thrid eye could be played over Lost keys.... and then bunch the two songs together for the fuck of it.

Attila
05-02-2006, 02:43 PM
I was thinking the same. That maybe Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned was a continuation of Faaip De Oiad. Maybe that explains why he has no information or background. He may have been abducted after his transmission and then dropped off at this hospital.

Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 02:45 PM
hmm, thats also an interesting theory.. i'll have to delve deeper in thinking about that.

Attila
05-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't know but it makes for an interesting listen when you listen to them in that order.

Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 02:50 PM
thanks man! i'll have to give it a shot for sure.

Ardhanarishvara
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
It's obviously a character that was abducted by aliens. The title Faaip de Oiad is Enochian, which is a possible "Angelic Language", or more likely, an "alien dialiect" as it has been possibly described...Tool is all about "evolving" to the next state of existance, so on...

"Faaip De Oiad" means "Voice of God" in the Enochian language. The Enochian language was invented by Edward Kelley in the 16th Century. Kelley said this language had been revealed to him by angels.
The Art Bell Show, a Nevada-based radio show that purported to discuss conspiracy theories and the paranormal, was the venue for a strange occurrence on September 11, 1997. During an Area 51-themed call-in program, a hysterical man claiming to be a former Area 51 worker called in to warn Bell's listening audience that he knew of a series of impending disasters. This is the source of the monologue on this track. Before the man was finished speaking, the Art Bell show mysteriously left the airwaves for about 30 minutes. Several weeks later, the man called back apologizing for the (apparent) hoax, but the mysterious and somewhat coincidental outage has never been adequately explained. --Songfacts.com

Attila, that's a very interesting idea you got going there. and quite feasible too.

by2day
07-27-2020, 01:13 PM
Rosetta stoned is talking to the listener about their experiences with Faaip de Oiad. The real voices you hear when listening to it in the correct state of mind!