PDA

View Full Version : The album leak is a hoax!

Pages : 1 [2]

mike09
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Anyone who believes that this is a hoax is a fucking idiot.

ljasonl
04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
It's uttelry rediculous to think this is a hoax. The level of quality alone shows a lot of work went into this. Not to mention putting a song about your deceased mother on a hoax album? Right...
This is very interesting psychologically. It's amazing what people will trick themselves into believing

For what it's worth, I hope you're right. Then we get a hoax album that's probably better than anything they've ever released, AND another album on top of that...

LetSocietyDream
04-19-2006, 04:13 PM
It's uttelry rediculous to think this is a hoax. The level of quality alone shows a lot of work went into this. Not to mention putting a song about your deceased mother on a hoax album? Right...
This is very interesting psychologically. It's amazing what people will trick themselves into believing

For what it's worth, I hope you're right. Then we get a hoax album that's probably better than anything they've ever released, AND another album on top of that...

I have to agree with that this album can't be a hoax. Wings for Marie Part 2 has to prove the validity of this album, there's know way I can fathom such a song part of a "fake" album.

alteridiom
04-19-2006, 04:13 PM
The level of quality doesn't prove anything. Their Tool, they can record whatever they want whenever they want. They could have shit this out in 2 weeks. Take old unused riffs from old recording sessions, unused lyrics that have been written down in old notebooks, etc. and bam you have a quick, not that good album to fool the media and general fanbase. Then, let them have it with an album all about communication. We have become the experiment.
This album is the most unmemorable thing Tool has ever done.

Vianney
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM
If it's fake... LOL, jokes on me... gimme another album!!!

But it's not... I'm not that lucky.

black_rose
04-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I really don't know what to think about this i had a good listen earlier and it sounded awful, i didn't really like lateralus too much when i first heard that though.

I don't see why people are saying the leak can't be fake because the production of the album and the cost? Tool have loads of money and its not like they have gone and printed it and distributed it all over the world. They just recorded it and mixed it fairly well.

Personally i think if its not a hoax its a let down. I was cringing while listening on some parts.

black_rose
04-19-2006, 04:41 PM
"In today’s times of mass produced, processed music, Tool is
a shining light of non-conforming artistic expression not
confined to marketing fads and the all mighty dollar. Tool
experiment openly with their music, inviting the listener,
bored with the norm, to expand the comfort zones and
experience something totally fresh"

hmmm...........

magnolia
04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
This is ridiculous!!! Come to fucking terms with the album already. If you don't like it, WAKE UP AND ADMIT IT. Don't deny the fact that it's real.

Reflection
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Got a question, what if Tool released this tracklist, and released "Vicarious" but, the real album will have "Vicarious", "Wings1 & 2" and another song maybe. I do really like this album, but I'm in denial with the fact that there are so many segues. Well, segues for what I've heard. I'm waiting till May 2 to hear: Wings 1 & 2, Intension and Viginti Tres. Now, Blair said this on the september newsletter...
Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design. When they weren't working on this grand deception...
Could this be just a lie to a user? I don't know. So, maybe it's a SOAD kind of "Hypnotize/Mezmerize" thing. Lyrics? Well, I'm suprised, they seem too simple for Maynard to be serious, then again, if you see them from different perspectives, they make a lot sense. "Right In Two", I don't know, maybe it's my imagination, but I get a lot of political/wars stuff here. I mean,

holy garden = planet?

pieces of the ground = oil? and other stuff

right in two = occidental and oriental parts of the world?

monkey killing monkey killing monkey = evolution?

how they survive so misguided is a mystery = how information is presented?

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over ???
Fight over love, over sun, over another = fighting over anything?

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
This is what they choose.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over a piece of other ground. = how we use our power?

Man, i don't know what to think.
Either way, I'm enjoying it a lot. Pretty awesome moments and suprises on the album. Can't wait till may 2 to hear Wings 1 & 2!

ArizonaBay
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=41418

What the shit is going on here? Im tired, i have just listened to the thing on my mates stereo and was blown away, god you people are putting alot of effort into the ''hoax' hoax, although Rosetta Stoned does nick Third Eye's riff.

I think im gonna abandon this board, you 1000+ posters have your heads shoved so firmly up your collective arses you must spend your lives walking round on all fours looking for the light switch. Goodnight.

black_rose
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
If i remember correctly they announced a fake album release for April 17th 2001 called Systema EncÈphale with fake track titles and everything, is it just coincidence the leak for 10,000 days was April 17th too?

I expect Vicarious is the real deal the rest is gonna be different. That older leak for 10,000 days you know the real bad one, that sounded like a random dude with an acoustic that had similar lyrics to this release too, it had that stuff about monkeys?

Can't find the older leak now though and i deleted it, anyone wanna help me out i want to compare both the leaks?

researchtriangle
04-19-2006, 06:03 PM
My favourite song on 10,000 days is Pet, or maybe the noose

lol.

bill3332002
04-19-2006, 06:04 PM
that would be really fucking awesome, but i dont think that they would go to that much trouble pulling some shit like that. i would love to see that happen though

sinfall
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
not sure if this has been posted yet, but listen to this jam from their concert in 2002

http://download.yousendit.com/D2F68E5C3AAE87EE

hurmie
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
The reason why a few of the songs sound pretty good, is because they have been lying around for some while. When you're making an album, you always have some songs left, that just didn't make they album. Those songs did make the "fake" (an leaked on purpose) 10.000 album though...Only Vicarious is, or could be real, and will olso be on the real deal that hits the stores on may 2nd. If you have heard the leaked one, you will recognise some similarities with some old songs. TOOL have never done that before, ever....and they will never do too...
They don't work five years on an album like this supposed leaked one, which has more no meaning noise an stupid sounbytes than any other TOOL album. It MUST be a hoax.....and I love it....

I've I'm wrong....and it turns out that de cd that I will buy (sealed) on May 2nd appears to be the same as for what I saw as a hoax....well, at least I still have the older ones...so it can be usefull as a coaster...

MentalSanityOff
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
If the album leak is a hoax... I hope Tool produces a lot more hoaxes in the future

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 06:35 PM
the incorporation of old riffs into the new songs makes sense...it helps tie the new music down and makes crazy tool fans (like us) drive ourselves insane theorizing about it. they're having fun with us, look at the lyrics on rosetta stoned and the pot. it's called humor, people. learn to chill the fuck out.

hurmie
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
the incorporation of old riffs into the new songs makes sense...it helps tie the new music down and makes crazy tool fans (like us) drive ourselves insane theorizing about it. they're having fun with us, look at the lyrics on rosetta stoned and the pot. it's called humor, people. learn to chill the fuck out.

That's why I think it's a hoax....

Because they want to have a laugh about every one who has downloaded....eeuh...stolen the album. Everybody knows how the guys think about downloading music, and not buying the real album.

TOOL doesn't leak...unless it's on purpose....

But still....that's my opinion. I actually think some of the songs are pretty fuckin' good....

bonus.cheese
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
OMG THE REAL ALBUM COVER LEAKED LOL

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ryanin/tool_10000days.jpg

OMG <3

colegrove34
04-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Being a newb, I know no ones going to listen to this but in my humble opinion:

The whole B-side thing is really plausible. Just look at how much different Vicarious is from EVERY OTHER SONG. Not only is it mixed differently, but the guitar is much more toolish and the vocals are much more prominent then on any of the other songs. IMO Vicarious is the only song on this leak that sounds ligit. Jambi carries on with the heavy guitar and similar mixing, which seems to me like it could be a b-side from Aenima. The vocal style sounds more like Aenima as well.
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days really sounds like something they wrote during Lateralus without lyrics. Then When they came back with Maynard he wrote up the lyrics. On this note, the mixing is drastically different from the last two songs. The vocals are toned down and sound a lot more like APC. The solo in 10,000 Days sounds almost identical to the solo in (I think) Third Eye from Salival (or else it was Pushit I can't remember right now).
BTW, Im pretty much just rambling as I listen to the album for the 5th time today.
The Pot is deffinatly a pretty cool song, but again, drastically different from the other songs. The guitar again sounds like Aenima, the bongos and drums remind of Aenima, and the mixing is more vocal friendly. All that said, I do like the song, its one of the few on the leak that sounds very much like a Tool song.
Lipan Conjuring is just a joke, but so was Die Eir Von Satan so whatever. Lost Keys is just odd, especially concidering we just listened to a seguway track. Rosetta Stoned has some solid parts. Again the mixing gets a little bit unfriendly to the vocals, however it reminds me of Ticks And Leeches at some parts. At about 6 mins, the riff sounds AMAZINGLY familiar but I can't place it off the top of my head. The solo at around 8mins also sounds familiar. Intension is again mixed down, and it reminds me of Eon Blue Apocylpse. Also we hear a lot of the weird whispering towards the beginning that seems a little over used, and towards the end, the technoish drums a la linkin park sounds completley un-toolish.
Right In Two really sounds like a song from Lateralus, but is mixed down. Again the bongos are very similar to Salival. It is also one of the few songs on the album that have legit tool riffs.

And after all that, I still think it is a good album. If its a fake, sweet now i'll have 2 new Tool ablums. If its real (which it most likely is) oh well, its not Aenima or Lateralus but its still good and Im fine with it.

Thats my rant.

Finny
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
... you guys are all fucked in the head...

F!end
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
... you guys are all fucked in the head...

smokesum
04-19-2006, 09:18 PM
The Pot sounds like it came directly off Undertow.. references to muddy waters and all..

Enki
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Of what i know about Apache's, they were masters of misdirection (voice throwing, elaborate traps)

Of what i know about Maynard I believe he took a class at the same wilderness survival school that I have gone to, which is based on the ways of the Apache Scout

All else I know is that I was pretty excited to hear a Native American reference on this new album, and an Apache one at that.

The Let Down
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
for the people saying it's real, please STFU.

yes this is real tool music.

is this 10,000 days? who the fuck knows.

the answers won't be in our possession until may 2.

waffel
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Sounds alot like left over stuff from other albums.

Bodhi
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Doesn't anyone read Blair's fucking newsletters...The answers lie in there.

maynerd
04-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah man this leak is totally fake. The real deal comes out on 05/02. This was all just a big hoax by TOOL. The awesome music we are listening to is fake. WTF?

RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Anyone who believes that this is a hoax is a fucking idiot.

Anyone who doesnt approach this whole thing with an open wind is a fucking idiot!

Snale
04-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to watch things die and accuse people of being high.After I'd finished ROFLing at that ( _b to you buddy ;) ) I decided to reply.

Long have I lurked on this forum... (Long Long Long......) and to be honest based on the quality of the tracks I'm going to cling to the hope you extend with this idea!

Please god let this be a hoax.

Edit: the fact that the owner of this website decided to paste a review from last week on the day of the leak is also... typical ;)

Boom Boom
04-20-2006, 01:35 AM
We obviously can't really know ('til May) if the album is a hoax or not. But the level of conspiracy theories and complexity of their structure is reaching sky proportions. Stuff like this happens during war or big catastrophies only on a larger scale, people are confused, don't know what to think and wild theories or all sort come up. Maybe this is something for the band to work on their 'The Wall' project they reported of making one day...

There are a lot, A LOT, of tool fans who think or wish this album to be a hoax, they obviously don't like it, the songs, the title, the artwork... And what if, just for the sake of the argument, it happens that the album is a real deal. May 2nd, comes and this is the album you get on the store shelves... What will you think? I think there will be a lot of 'cognitive dissonance reduction going on', probably sth like: 'the more I hear it, the better it sounds, you have to get accustomed to the new music... actually it is GREAT!' WTF? That way you can make anything look great, even the piece of s+++, if you just try real hard to make it great. And with this album it will be even easier since it obviously is NOT a piece of... There is fine artwork, songs have structure, it has a meaning, and you did pay $$ for it.

Other thing that has been bugging me is the band. How are they feeling if the album IS a real deal. A joke, which wasn't meant to be a joke has been played on them, by great number of their fans (some figures say 40% wish this album is a hoax), there are a lot of people who heard the album, and wish that what they heard is a joke, a hoax, the whole album is a b-sides material, they say. This is a slap to the band who put time, effort, and creativity into making the music, and consider this to be a great album, one of them I think said the best they did. I think this only shows how art can be considered only subjectively, and objectively? Who knows if it can be objectively measured at all!
I, myself, didn't hear the album, not even Vicarious, I am waiting for it when it comes out, than I will buy it and listen. Just listen to it. And enjoy. All I expect is some good rock music, from a band who knows how to make some good rock music. And this is all I ask of them: to make good and sincere jam. And it will jam.

But, wait a minute, the wild prophecies come true, and the album is a hoax, there is even better album from tool coming out... What about the 60% of fans who consider this album to be great, will there be some of them who will than say that they like this album more than the real one. Probably there will. And this only shows that music is so personal thing that any objective comparison is beyond all hope. There are people who consider random noise to be some sort of creative music, than almost any sound, rythm, and melody can be considered good music if you like it for reasons only known to you... This is proven by all those people trying to describe the new album, if you read the posts you will find that some think: It is made of ideas from the all old albums, it sounds like Lateralus, it is follow up to Lateralus, it sounds like a combination of Aenima & Lateralus, it has Undertow feel to it, it sounds like a combination of Lateralus and Undertow, it is new and experimental, Tool has changed style, Tool has its old style, Tool is repeating itself, Tool has gone some entirely new direction... What is it than people? What does 10,000 days sound like?

MrShlee
04-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Seriously.. If this is the real album - I'm glad they didn't release With_Teeth ;)

If they were going to release a double album.. how fucking awesome
SECOND CHRISTMAS!

rembrandt_q_einstein
04-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Seriously.. If this is the real album - I'm glad they didn't release With_Teeth ;)

If they were going to release a double album.. how fucking awesome
SECOND CHRISTMAS!

i dont understand. are you saying you didnt like the first "fake" album (probably not a hoax) but you would love a second album and you didnt like with teeth? is that message you are trying to convey or am i missing something?

Th1_rhs13
04-20-2006, 02:56 AM
not sure if this has been posted yet, but listen to this jam from their concert in 2002

Keep this up and yoy just may win me over, not likely but a remote possibilty none the less. Fucking orgasmic!

r4v3n
04-20-2006, 03:14 AM
my god...people...give it a rest...just accept the fact that this album is different as shit, and you dont like it. On may 2nd, you people are gonna be soo fucking dissappointed when you slide that nice new disc in the cd player to hear the same thing youve already heard. If you dont like it...go boo hoo somewhere else...

Me on the other hand, thought the same way the first time I listened to it through. But its tool, you have to (Its a rule) listen to it so many times to hear everything. As It has been on repeat for the last 3 days...Ive come to love 5 tracks. And Im enjoyingthis newtool like nobodys business...

This is just a PLEA to give it up...Its real, DEAL WITH IT...that is all.

Lagomorph
04-20-2006, 03:14 AM
you never liked Opiate did you? Many of the things you bitch about as being 'non Tool' were very much Tool on Opiate and to some degree on Undertow. Go study your Tool history, man.

i adore the old school tool.

seriously

read the december 04 newsletter on toolband.com (in the past news not newsletter)

especially number 3) in blairs "secrets of the december newsletter" section.

PerfectlyToolish
04-20-2006, 05:05 AM
very unlikely that this is a hoax...maybe there will be 2 cds....talk about fun!

BTW i love this new album, it takes risks but it does work..Just cant get enough of it. If this is the only album (which is ok with me) its a good one...give it a chance and go buy it!

mike09
04-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Anyone who doesnt approach this whole thing with an open wind is a fucking idiot!

I'm sorry, but saying this album is a hoax is really ignorant. On May 2nd, the cd released in stores will be this album. Complete with "Who are you to wave your finger?" and "Goddamn, shit the bed." I am not saying that this couldn't possibly be a B-sides album. I think that'd be a nice trick played by Tool. Someone above me pointed out the "muddy waters" line in "The Pot" which coincides with the water theme in Undertow. However, I gotta' ask, do you think Tool recorded these songs recently? Or were they just leftovers? Because I gotta' tell you, Adam's guitar effects used on this album were nowhere to be seen on the past albums. He used a friggin' talkbox on "Jambi"! I'd be interested in hearing actually where you think each song is from (album-wise). I do have an open mind towards this being a B-sides album, but not it being a hoax.

LeMarchand
04-20-2006, 07:35 AM
I remember reading that Danny said "the new album is a lot more agressive" ... what I'm hearing is really good, and I really really really do like it... but it's no more agressive than their previous work...

TJBundy
04-20-2006, 07:58 AM
i agree with cronos.

mike09
04-20-2006, 08:20 AM
i agree with cronos.

Why?

Nikola Petrovic
04-20-2006, 08:24 AM
how was the album leaked anyway?

mike09
04-20-2006, 08:26 AM
stores have gotten the album already probably and someone working there just took it and uploaded it.

symbiosis
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Anyone posting links to any leaked material will be BANNED. Sorry.

Well played tool and co.

Well played...

Thanat0s
04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
If it is a hoax then I will have 2 new Tool albums to enjoy for the rest of my life! Yahoo!

KingSigy
04-20-2006, 07:24 PM
If this is fake, then I can't believe who this band is. God, I never knew a Tool cover band could be so great!

asears05
04-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I remember reading that Danny said "the new album is a lot more agressive" ... what I'm hearing is really good, and I really really really do like it... but it's no more agressive than their previous work...

I feel the same way. I read a lot of comments about how heavy it is and how pissed they are about things. But a good portion of the album is pretty subdued. Still fantastic, but not too heavy.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
come on man, that is Tool playing for sure
no one questions that

Alveolate
04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
If this is fake, then I can't believe who this band is. God, I never knew a Tool cover band could be so great!

no, fake not meaning that OTHER people are playing the music.. fake meaning that the songs that have been leaked are not going to be released May 2nd.

upandatthem
04-20-2006, 08:14 PM
come on man, that is Tool playing for sure
no one questions that

i don't think that's the issue - the issue is have they simply released a fake album?

Take into consideration how much security that Tool have been going through with public performances of their album - to the point that the band members themselves carry around a copy of the album, and arrive and leave with it, now suddenly there's a perfect copy (not a pre-mixed version like a lot of other album leaks) around almost 2 weeks to the day that the album is available? i don't think so.

Bring on April 29th!

(before you bang on about the date, I'm an Aussie, and we're getting the album a day or two before you guys in the US! HA!)

mike09
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
i don't think that's the issue - the issue is have they simply released a fake album?

Take into consideration how much security that Tool have been going through with public performances of their album - to the point that the band members themselves carry around a copy of the album, and arrive and leave with it, now suddenly there's a perfect copy (not a pre-mixed version like a lot of other album leaks) around almost 2 weeks to the day that the album is available? i don't think so.

Bring on April 29th!

(before you bang on about the date, I'm an Aussie, and we're getting the album a day or two before you guys in the US! HA!)

We will see. April 29th, you Aussies better show up here and give us the scoop. :)

perhan
04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
yeah, that shit with goin' all over the world and havin listening sessions for juornos makes me belive this might be real. fuck. but then again, wouldn't that be the best fuckin prank ever if they played the fake fuckin record to everyone?? thats just plain tool. plain cool.
hope dies last. may 2nd. 2006.

Echo Flanger
04-21-2006, 12:13 AM

So, bands aren't allowed to jam new riffs onstage before they record them? Or they're not allowed to take old jams in the studio when recording new albums? Pink Floyd wrote and played live "Dogs" and "Sheep" from Animals before Wish You Were Here. No one thought Animals was fake because of that.

gambs666
04-21-2006, 12:29 AM
We will see. April 29th, you Aussies better show up here and give us the scoop. :)
In Italy the album goes out the 27th/28th April.

mike09
04-21-2006, 04:01 AM
So, bands aren't allowed to jam new riffs onstage before they record them? Or they're not allowed to take old jams in the studio when recording new albums? Pink Floyd wrote and played live "Dogs" and "Sheep" from Animals before Wish You Were Here. No one thought Animals was fake because of that.

Very good point! Pink Floyd was known for doing things like that. They used to play DSOTM in concert 2 or 3 years before it actually came out.

5th Eye
04-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Edit: Totally posted in the wrong thread.

etc43
04-21-2006, 06:23 AM
I knew it all along! When those track lengths were posted on that Sony site a while back, I looked at them for 11 minutes and then decided that they must be a hoax. I knew something about them looked familiar, and I was right. Look at the track lengths off of previous albums. You see it, don't you? There are a lot of tracks that are seven something minutes long! A bit suspicious, eh? Vicarious and Jambi as well as others are both in the seven minute range, too. Haha, nice plan, Tool, but you forgot that your fans are smarter than the average rock band fans! We've got it all figured out.

The new album is going to be entitled Stittet, and track one is Doom 3.

TJBundy
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Why?

because i'm so high, and i think it would be very toolish.

Octave13
04-21-2006, 09:53 AM
All this speculation and confusion only illuminates the undeniable fact that Tool are the masters of deception. They have their fans right where they want them at all times and regardless of whether or not the leaked album is a fake, I'm still loving the shit out of this whole debacle. If this is fake, it's the most beautiful fake I've ever heard. I don't care either way, really. The music is very very good. I will say, though, that this leaked album is very much a departure from what they've done before, in terms of overall ambience and attitude throughout. And I wouldn't put a stunt like this past Tool for a second, which is why I love them so much. They LOVE to fuck with us. We all know this. Just lay back and let them show you another way. Enjoy it. "Take it all in," and accept whatever they give you for what it is. :)

Inner_Eulogy
04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
My favourite song on 10,000 days is Pet, or maybe the noose

Well the hell you get that from? Those are APC songs moron

etc43
04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Well the hell you get that from? Those are APC songs moron

I think he's trying to sound hardcore by implying that the new album sucks and sounds like APC.

Edit: My mistake, Shade is way more strong-willed than me and is waiting for May 2.

Bodhi
04-21-2006, 01:24 PM
The coined term, "TooLish"...is fuckin hilarious. "Well that's very TooLish of you good sir!".....fucking hilarious.

Elbandagji
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
You had me from the beginnning. :\

Cronos = Maynard.

WTF?

Teratoma
04-21-2006, 08:48 PM
man, some of you are out of your fucking minds. 10,000 Days is real. Although I think the album sucks total ass, it's the real thing.

orimazd
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
That doesn't matter, since April 29th in Australia is like June 3rd in the other half of the world :P

boondie
04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
That doesn't matter, since April 29th in Australia is like June 3rd in the other half of the world :P
actually we are about a day ahead of you stupid americans

lucydog
04-21-2006, 09:51 PM
actually we are about a day ahead of you stupid americans
oh yeah?! well. at least we dont eat vegemite!

bonch
04-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Sure it is. There is a lot more straightforward rock on this album reminiscent of Undertow and Opiate, and a ton of palm-muted, Meshuggah-inspired, chugga-chugga riffs. A perfect example is "Jambi."

It's certainly more aggressive than that hippie-fest, Lateralus.

boondie
04-21-2006, 09:54 PM
oh yeah?! well. at least we dont eat vegemite!
yeah well GEORGE BUSH!!!!!!!!!

orimazd
04-21-2006, 10:00 PM
hey, I LIKED that hippyfest. And so did you.

Elementz
04-21-2006, 10:01 PM

100% AGREED. Nothing on this album even compares to their previous works. Go back and listen to The Grudge, Schism, and Ticks. Then listen to 46&2, Third Eye etc., etc., etc.

To me the drums are a dead giveaway that these are b-sides. Listen to the drums in the previously mentioned songs. They are THUNDEROUS. The drums on this album are lame and unmoving. Maybe it is just the production, or lack-there-of, but I have to say that if this is the real album it will equate to APC's AMOTIVE/EMOTIVE debacle in my mind.

Do not get me wrong, I love what I am hearing but only on a shallow level where oxygen still exists. I still listen to Lateralus and can barely breathe. To try and and say that this album is better than Lateralus or that this is there best work is simply wrong. This does not even hold a candle to the forces unleashed in Lateralus (see Maynard's scream towards the end of The Grudge). And this was supposed to be more aggresive? Hardly. To call this progression is the antithesis of this album. Try a regression to an unrealeased 1995 TOOL demo of outakes and bloopers (with slight exception given to Vicarious and Wings).

I will be buying the album regardless of what is contained within, but at this point I am really dissappointed.....actually pissed. After the whole APC letdown, I never thought Maynard would let something like that happen again. Hopefully, this proves to be the case and something better awaits.

After listening to this album over 40 times all the way thru, I regrettably would only give it 2 out of 5 stars. I would give it 4 stars if I was MTV/radio-friendly fucktard. But I am not. And if I see fucking lighters in the air, or anyone fucking crying at the show I WILL WALK THE FUCK OUT. I am actually going to go and rock the Schism DVD and pray to the man-beast that this is all just a bad dream.

PS - Sorry for the rant. Now everyone bow and pray with me.....

rocco
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Why the vituperation from those who think this album is the real thing? You like telling kids there's no Santa Claus?

Why not speculate, and enjoy the ride?

"Because I can't get hurt again..."

Ah, yes. Cynics are such sympathetic characters, aren't they?

Akasha
04-21-2006, 11:10 PM
And this was supposed to be more aggresive? Hardly.

Couldnt have said it better myself. The way Danny talked about the music being a lot heavier is the COMPLETE opposite of what this album is like, its waaaaaay softer than Lateralus and Aenima, more like an Undertow heavy, 90's rock kinda heavy. Ofcourse their are exceptions, but as an ALBUM, thats generally the way i see it.

Window Licker
04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Circuit City is in on the hoax! They posted hoax previews (http://tinyurl.com/olkd4)!

Cronos
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Circuit City is in on the hoax! They posted hoax previews (http://tinyurl.com/olkd4)!

How far does this scheme go?

JE Mack
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself. The way Danny talked about the music being a lot heavier is the COMPLETE opposite of what this album is like, its waaaaaay softer than Lateralus and Aenima, more like an Undertow heavy, 90's rock kinda heavy. Ofcourse their are exceptions, but as an ALBUM, thats generally the way i see it.

any ideas as to why danny said it'd be heavier when it isn't? do they just enjoy lying?

lonecry
04-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe he mean't heavier as in denser sounding... it could be heavier emotionally, physically, in depth, musically... albeit the word heavier may have been used in the wrong context but ultimately you need to think outside the toolbox...

see what I did there... funnyman makes a joke...

Wingedson
04-26-2006, 02:46 PM
All this speculation and confusion only illuminates the undeniable fact that Tool are the masters of deception. They have their fans right where they want them at all times and regardless of whether or not the leaked album is a fake, I'm still loving the shit out of this whole debacle. If this is fake, it's the most beautiful fake I've ever heard. I don't care either way, really. The music is very very good. I will say, though, that this leaked album is very much a departure from what they've done before, in terms of overall ambience and attitude throughout. And I wouldn't put a stunt like this past Tool for a second, which is why I love them so much. They LOVE to fuck with us. We all know this. Just lay back and let them show you another way. Enjoy it. "Take it all in," and accept whatever they give you for what it is. :)

poetic, intelligent, grounded, and well said!

Octave13
04-26-2006, 02:57 PM
poetic, intelligent, grounded, and well said!
Thanks, mang.

Leroy Brown
04-26-2006, 02:59 PM
How far does this scheme go?

hahaha

caliphornia
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
congradulations for the greatest 1st post that anyone has ever written on the internet.

maggie72
04-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Has anyone read the new Guitar Player magazine with the Adam Jones interview? I think what I've heard is the real deal, from what the interview said anyway about the different sounds he used.

Frenchy
04-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I think the leak is the real deal...but then again

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tool/

maybe we are all making ourselves look stupid, LMFAO

Octave13
04-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Seconded.

Great, now I have a standard to live up to from now on. :-p Thanks.

allusion7.0
04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok, seriously. Right in Two is fuckin awesome. Best track on the album bar none.
waffle, according to Mr. Dick, you would fall under the category of a waffler.

Briareos
04-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Germany release today.. the lake is for real, and yep, im quite disappointed. The album indeed does rawk, still it's no worthy follow up for lateralus. It's somewhat like 10,000 days + Tool jam session.

I'm still hoping for another release in the near future. :(

bitter_enigma
04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I think you have to listen to it for what it is, not what YOU wanted it to be. Lateralus is Lateralus. This is something else.

Let go, let go...!

Briareos
04-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Lateralus is Lateralus.

Oh Rly?

People have their own personal expectations... I can desire whatever the fk I want to. I don't think 10,000 days is a worthy follower for lateralus. It's not like I ruin your personal experience while mentioning that, do I ?

It's not my fault that Tool raised, with lateralus, the bar into outer space.

And I'm still fairly convinced that this album is somehow kind of a joke..

zavlin
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
So....i must ask i am very curious....now that the disc is starting to spread through the public, (with AMAZING artwork and unique packaging), and it does in fact have the same tracks as previously released (but with better sound quality to be certain)...... is the conspiracy theory now that tool will be releasing the "real" album at a later date??????? or do smug hoax fanatics finally raise the white flag??

yossaricat
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM
So....i must ask i am very curious....now that the disc is starting to spread through the public, (with AMAZING artwork and unique packaging), and it does in fact have the same tracks as previously released (but with better sound quality to be certain)...... is the conspiracy theory now that tool will be releasing the "real" album at a later date??????? or do smug hoax fanatics finally raise the white flag??

no actually they win. everything was a hoax. even the australian release. the album wont even be released there or any where else but the USA!!! why? because we rule mwahahaha! btw the artwork was fake too! check it out:

http://www.artconspiracy.com/files/2144111793/1_2144111793_217860_938.jpg

;P

zavlin
04-27-2006, 11:25 PM
no actually they win. everything was a hoax. even the australian release. the album wont even be released there or any where else but the USA!!! why? because we rule mwahahaha! btw the artwork was fake too! check it out:

;P

OhHhhh i shouldv known the last 4 albums were all part of an elaborate hoax....and soon we'l get to meet the REAL tooL!!!!

5th Eye
04-28-2006, 04:34 AM
btw the artwork was fake too! check it out:

;PThat's classic.

Rubb.
04-28-2006, 05:03 AM
*verifies that the leak was indeed a fake*

themayanlion
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh Rly?

People have their own personal expectations... I can desire whatever the fk I want to. I don't think 10,000 days is a worthy follower for lateralus. It's not like I ruin your personal experience while mentioning that, do I ?

It's not my fault that Tool raised, with lateralus, the bar into outer space.

And I'm still fairly convinced that this album is somehow kind of a joke..

sure, you're entitled to your own desires and such, that doesn't mean you aren't being willfully ignorant about it

jagannath
04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Listen to the first twenty-three (fnord) seconds of the new single, "Vicarious" and then listen to the first twenty-three seconds of "The Patient". This is one of the best mixed tracks on the album, and I have repeatedly seen people posting that 'if anything is legit' it is "Vicarious". Legit, it may be, and recycled it is definately.

It is not that Tool is using similar riffs, or old progressions in new ways. This song begins the exact same way. The over-dubbing is crunchier, and has flair, but it is obviously played over "The Patient" as the drum parts both begin at 00:11.

There are many other pieces of recycled music through the album, and if need be we can go through and document them piece by piece. I have an obsessive compulsive friend who notices a lot more of this shit than I do.

If this is a 'real' album, it is not a very powerful nor progressive one. I enjoy it, but it is more like the equivelent of "Further Down the Spiral" or "Super Sexy Swinging Sounds" than a new album.

I wont be satisfied until I have a Tool rock opera, in surround sound.

APPEASE ME!

tollll12
04-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Listen to the first twenty-three (fnord) seconds of the new single, "Vicarious" and then listen to the first twenty-three seconds of "The Patient". This is one of the best mixed tracks on the album, and I have repeatedly seen people posting that 'if anything is legit' it is "Vicarious". Legit, it may be, and recycled it is definately.

It is not that Tool is using similar riffs, or old progressions in new ways. This song begins the exact same way. The over-dubbing is crunchier, and has flair, but it is obviously played over "The Patient" as the drum parts both begin at 00:11.

There are many other pieces of recycled music through the album, and if need be we can go through and document them piece by piece. I have an obsessive compulsive friend who notices a lot more of this shit than I do.

If this is a 'real' album, it is not a very powerful nor progressive one. I enjoy it, but it is more like the equivelent of "Further Down the Spiral" or "Super Sexy Swinging Sounds" than a new album.

I wont be satisfied until I have a Tool rock opera, in surround sound.

APPEASE ME!

I am with this guy. If this really truly is what is going to be released (no surprises on May 2nd), I think a piece of me will die. I want a Tool rock opera in surround sound too!

mike09
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM

There are many other pieces of recycled music through the album, and if need be we can go through and document them piece by piece.

Yes, I would love for you to explain what else is recycled music.

mike09
04-28-2006, 02:22 PM
He says there is. Atleast, let him explain his case.

theprosperone
04-28-2006, 04:22 PM
You're wrong about the patient intro being the same as vicarious, completely wrong.

Its like saying that anything that is in the same time signature and uses the same scale is just a replica, thats not true. Lay the two over top of each other and then tell me they are the same.....you can't becaue they aren't. It is like the aurel equivalent of having bad sight, you can make you general shapes but can't pick up on any detail at all.

theprosperone
04-28-2006, 04:36 PM
So here, I mixed the two at just about the same tempo. As you can HEAR they are not exactly the same and not even the same notes being played, just in the same key. This IS NOT leaked material. Vicarious was taken from a radio promo.

http://download.yousendit.com/4C593E0C7C620654

Also if my ear serves me correctly, Vicarious actually uses a different mode than The Patient. They might sound a bit similar...but then again you could adjust the tempo and overlap just about any song that is in d minor and 5/4 and it'll sound similar.

FIGJAM
04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
*verifies that the leak was indeed a fake*
I have it. She's no fake.

scar
04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
if you think you are hearing old tool in the new music, maybe that's because it is still tool. any great evolution that takes place keeps a piece of it's former self intact, building and bettering itself without totally abandoning past experiences. stop trying so hard to hear something COMPLETELY new and please enjoy this evolution.

Descencia
04-28-2006, 09:59 PM
if you think you are hearing old tool in the new music, maybe that's because it is still tool. any great evolution that takes place keeps a piece of it's former self intact, building and bettering itself without totally abandoning past experiences. stop trying so hard to hear something COMPLETELY new and please enjoy this evolution.

You're making excuses for Tool's lack of inspiration and originality on this album by saying that. It should sound completely new, not rehashed.

Sanzen
04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
This shit has already been released in places outside of the US. Anyone care to rip and upload a song or some shit to put this one to rest?

*Hopes, but knows better.

theprosperone
04-29-2006, 06:33 AM
You're making excuses for Tool's lack of inspiration and originality on this album by saying that. It should sound completely new, not rehashed.

And it is completely new....

Descencia
04-29-2006, 07:30 AM
And it is completely new....

It's a "new" album yes but not all of it sounds that way.

Warartist
04-29-2006, 09:54 AM
goddamn you ppl are being rediculase!

this album is NOT A HOAX!!!!

THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!

WHAT LACK OF INSPIRATION???? if you dont hear new inspiration listen again, and then again and if you still dont hear it, YOU DONT FUCKING GET IT!

every one of tools albums have been a brand new creature all its own. i would never say tool put out a bad album. ever! opiat was the closest thing to being a bad album they've ever done and two of their bigest hits are on it.

to me it does'nt sound like you ppl are ripping on it because it's not original enough but more because it's differant wether you'll admit that or not, thats what i hear from these silly complaints. well guess what guy's tool albums will constantly be differant and thats whats fucking sweeet! they are a band of evolution constantly growing and changing and i hear it in each new cd, thats why it takes them sooo long to put a new one out cause they take the time to grow and change and dont put out the same shit every time to keep ppl who want to hear the same song over and over on every cd hooked. cause they dont give a fuck if you like it. they do. and so do it. so fuck you buddy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandy

Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM

every one of tools albums have been a brand new creature all its own. i would never say tool put out a bad album. ever! opiat was the closest thing to being a bad album they've ever done and two of their bigest hits are on it.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? I have heard too many times on here that Opiate is a bad album! Opiate kicks serious ASS! Tool needs to re-release Opiate and studio record the live songs! Opiate Remastered!!!

Warartist
04-29-2006, 09:14 PM
What the hell is wrong with you guys? I have heard too many times on here that Opiate is a bad album! Opiate kicks serious ASS! Tool needs to re-release Opiate and studio record the live songs! Opiate Remastered!!!

i think you misunderstood me. no i know you did... i LOVE opiate!!! and everything else tool has ever done what im saying is, if any one album could be concidered tool's "bad album" opiate i would think would be the "closest" thing to it . did you even read what i wrote or just see opite, and bad near each other and flip out? also i am only one. not a "you guys".
mandy

Snale
04-29-2006, 09:48 PM
man, some of you are out of your fucking minds. 10,000 Days is real. Although I think the album sucks total ass, it's the real thing.What he said. It's something different for sure... it's growing on me slowly. Going to buy my copy in 6 hours when it gets released here. Cos it's still good... Just feel like there's something lacking in the guitars this time round and the lyrics are more annoying than usual. The drumming is elite, and the basslines are a major improvement though to compensate!

Still, it's real. It's here. I just hope they make another new album a little sooner this time.

Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
i think you misunderstood me. no i know you did... i LOVE opiate!!! and everything else tool has ever done what im saying is, if any one album could be concidered tool's "bad album" opiate i would think would be the "closest" thing to it . did you even read what i wrote or just see opite, and bad near each other and flip out? also i am only one. not a "you guys".
mandy

well read the board more, cause a lot of people seem to be down on opiate like it doesnt live up to the rest, or saying its the worst album

LeperKhan
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM

Actually, I think they just need to turn the non-live tracks into live tracks.... find old recordings of loft-performances of "sweat, hush, part of me" and "opiate." I feel that most people love the title track more than anything, but I feel that those live versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-off are some of the finest recordings ever.

tigerf117
04-30-2006, 07:07 AM

this album is NOT A HOAX!!!!

THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!

WHAT LACK OF INSPIRATION???? if you dont hear new inspiration listen again, and then again and if you still dont hear it, YOU DONT FUCKING GET IT!
mandy

Fuckin right Mandy, tell them. I love Opiate as well, and Undertow, and Aenima, and Lateralus, and 10,000 days. Theres not a week I dont listen to every single cd at least once. There is not a day, unless I am completely torn away from all music, or have to listen to other peoples music, that I don't listen to tool, and guess what has been in my car ever since i've gotten it, yeah 10,000 days. Guess what I'm listening to now... 10,000 days. Hoax bullshit is bullshit, lack of inspiration is bullshit, terrible cd is bullshit. Tool isn't completely about complicated rythms or any of that. Its about feeling, its about music, nothing else. Maynard cares about making great music, and he has done nothing different with this new cd (maynard and group). The only thing I can complain about is, yeah the guitar isn't quite up to par with whats been done in the past, but the bass riffs are sick. I personally love the direction Maynard went with his voice (i.e. The Pot) in this album. I knew he was going to do something different with his voice, but I was actually impressed more than I thought I was going to. His voice is so versatile. Love the music, May 15th (detroits show) can't come quick enough.

I think of all the Tool songs as poems. You dont get the poem the first, 2nd or 3rd time you read it (if it is a good poem). You only just begin to soak what the author is saying the first 5 times through, getting the feel for it. Then you do it for every poem until you're done with the book (if the poem book has a certain, whole meaning). Then you listen to the whole cd and get a feel for the whole cd, Then after listening to it for months, or however long, you start to get it completely. Then it becomes a whole new beast... im rambling. Anyone else get what I'm trying to say?

DierVonSaton
04-30-2006, 07:31 AM
This ablum is great!! you can defitnely hear hints of Pink Floyd and Meshuggah

Warartist
04-30-2006, 08:00 AM
well read the board more, cause a lot of people seem to be down on opiate like it doesnt live up to the rest, or saying its the worst album

well, i did not say that, yet for some reason you quoted me.
mandy

etc43
04-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I hope the fact that this thread is still alive isn't an indicator that people still think the album is fake...

Orph8998
04-30-2006, 11:50 AM
the leak for the real album came out this morning
just thought i'd let you all know that

moi
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
?

lachrymoIogy
04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I hope the fact that this thread is still alive isn't an indicator that people still think the album is fake... i hope it is. makes me laugh.

lachrymoIogy
04-30-2006, 12:37 PM
the leak for the real album came out this morning
just thought i'd let you all know that wtf are you talking about? a CD QUALITY rip, or something else? I hope you meen CD QUALITY and worded that wrong.

Sasc
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
where is cronos to admit he was wrong?

Orph8998
04-30-2006, 02:28 PM
wtf are you talking about? a CD QUALITY rip, or something else? I hope you meen CD QUALITY and worded that wrong.

haha, no man, you can find it if you search for it

5th Eye
05-01-2006, 04:30 AM
I can't've gotten a fake Jambi, this song is way too good.

Matt8
05-01-2006, 04:37 AM
I haven't even heard the leak. I refuse to listen to it untill the album comes out. i've heard peices of The Pot and Rosetta Stoned, from my friends always listening to it around me, plus i've heard vicarious at least 400 times by now so that's it. hopefully it will be a ruse so we'd get 2 albums but today my heart is beating like 10 times faster because im so fucking siked on new tool.

Rubb.
05-01-2006, 05:00 AM
the leak is a hoax.

holotrope
05-01-2006, 05:01 AM
THE ALBUM IS THE SAME AS THE LEAK!! I HAVE THE ALBUM AND DOWNLOADED THE LEAK A WHILE AGO, and aside from slight differences in quality (due to transcoding/compression) THEY ARE IDENTICAL (though there is now a FLAC leak, which is lossless). And the stereoscopic art is AWESOME.

Please end this thread. Or if you really want to drag this hoax thing out and waste more time NOT giving the new album its due attention, at least jump on the new bandwagon = "the REAL new album comes out on 06/06/06!!"