PDA

View Full Version : Different Lyrics

ProfoundHaytred
11-22-2002, 09:57 AM
There are alternate lyrics to this song, i've heard them on the coachella boot. um i heard somewhere that maynard said he wanted to tone it down due the the happening at school around the country (i.e. Columbine), and in teh Coachella version there is an extension of this song, with the cleaners lyrics like instead of "play god and shoot you myself", its "like i should play god and shove my foot up youer fucking ass" BUT during teh Coachella they extend the song into a long guitar tyoe solo thing, where Maynard is singing "let it go" and he repeats it a couple times, that really got me thinking. maybe the grudge was written a while ago. becasue let go is the last line of the song, its really odd but how he sings it is exactly how he sings it in the grudge.i really like that version if any of you have the resources (ToolHUB) i strongly adcvise you to download the coachella version of this song, its AMAZING!

povvy
11-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ProfoundHaytred
i really like that version if any of you have the resources (ToolHUB) i strongly adcvise you to download the coachella version of this song, its AMAZING!

I also love the Coachella version of the song (I have a video of it). The "breakdown" adds another great dimension to the song.

Also, if you have/can find the video, check out Maynard's movements during the song. Wow.

Patrick.

StinkfistJEff
11-27-2002, 05:36 PM
How do u get ToolHub what is it...I must now...please post the reply so I can enjoy this new version of Jerk-off.

StinkfistJeff

hateandvaseline
12-04-2002, 06:32 AM
I have that bootleg. Unfortunately, I have never seen the video for this peformance, could I find it on Kazaa? If not, I'll find a way to get it if I can't figure out how to connect to the Tool Hub or whatever.

Penguin
12-15-2002, 05:09 PM
I wanna see the video ;( I'm on 56k though.. hmm anyone interested in burning me a certain something? ;p

ladiatia
04-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I would like to know what Maynard is saying at the begining of the song. As Im not a native speaker is hard for me to realize what hes is talking about.

Salud!

MemphisM
05-22-2006, 02:08 AM
I would like to know what Maynard is saying at the begining of the song. As Im not a native speaker is hard for me to realize what hes is talking about.

Salud!

At the beginning he says: "There used to be a bunch of assholes that lived in this part of the building here, but we systematically removed them like you would any kind of termite or roach."

hope that helps