PDA

View Full Version : 4-1-2006

sularetal
03-18-2006, 03:44 AM
Events that will take place on 4/1/06:

BMB will post an album title and tracklisting on TB different than the 10KDays one, AND put his little BM fucking B initials under it. There will then be AT LEAST 5 new threads on TDN and everyone will be in a frenzy to get their opinion up on the board on how they knew they were right and that 10KDays was indeed a hoax and that the band has been corn holing everyone the whole time. Then the TDN servers will get overloaded and nobody wil be able to post. Then on 4/2/06 BMB will post a "Just Kidding, you April Fools!" but not put his BM fuckin B initials under it and the corn holing will continue. The innocent will not know wtf to believe anymore. There will be no news posted on TB until the embargo ends on 4/13/06 and all of the privleged one's that got to a listening party are able to publish their reviews. But the reviews will have no album title or tracklistings, just "track 1 blah....", "track 2 blah.." and so on.. until your local rock station announces on 4/17 that they will be the first ones to play the new single by Tool entitled "T** P**" or "V********" whichever one it will be. AND IT WILL FUCKING ROCK!! Then the band will decide to delay the release of the album by a week and we will all be clinging to life until 5/9/06 when the whole world will be in harmony (yeah right!!). You will finally have the new tool CD in your hands and all be happy that you just knew the title of the new album is "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALADOTIOUS"

Ryan
03-18-2006, 03:50 AM
i agree.

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 03:53 AM

BMB will post an album title and tracklisting on TB different than the 10KDays one, AND put his little BM fucking B initials under it. There will then be AT LEAST 5 new threads on TDN and everyone will be in a frenzy to get their opinion up on the board on how they knew they were right and that 10KDays was indeed a hoax and that the band has been corn holing everyone the whole time. Then the TDN servers will get overloaded and nobody wil be able to post. Then on 4/2/06 BMB will post a "Just Kidding, you April Fools!" but not put his BM fuckin B initials under it and the corn holing will continue. The innocent will not know wtf to believe anymore. There will be no news posted on TB until the embargo ends on 4/13/06 and all of the privleged one's that got to a listening party are able to publish their reviews. But the reviews will have no album title or tracklistings, just "track 1 blah....", "track 2 blah.." and so on.. until your local rock station announces on 4/17 that they will be the first ones to play the new single by Tool entitled "T** P**" or "V********" whichever one it will be. AND IT WILL FUCKING ROCK!! Then the band will decide to delay the release of the album by a week and we will all be clinging to life until 5/9/06 when the whole world will be in harmony (yeah right!!). You will finally have the new tool CD in your hands and all be happy that you just knew the title of the new album is "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALADOTIOUS"
BEST.POST.EVER

orange.juice
03-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Seriously, there is no other option than to agree. That WOULD rock.

Montague
03-18-2006, 03:59 AM
good thread.

orange.juice
03-18-2006, 04:00 AM
on the other hand: The album will eventually leak to the internet in mediocre quality in mid April at latest. blurry, but believable photographs of some cd case complete with tracklist will appear during the next weeks. How does that sound?

Ryan
03-18-2006, 04:01 AM
on the other hand: The album will eventually leak to the internet in mediocre quality in mid April at latest. blurry, but believable photographs of some cd case complete with tracklist will appear during the next weeks. How does that sound?

no. stop trying to take the spotlight away from sularetal.

orange.juice
03-18-2006, 04:04 AM
ok.

Ryan
03-18-2006, 04:04 AM
*hug*

orange.juice
03-18-2006, 04:06 AM
*group hug*

Ryan
03-18-2006, 04:07 AM
the title of the new album is "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALADOTIOUS"

i'd have no objection to that whatsoever.

Lost Keys
03-18-2006, 04:54 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhhh! ur giving it away!.

greensky_thirdeye
03-18-2006, 05:06 AM
3-3-2006
3-10-2006

4-1-2006
4-17-2006

5-2-2006

mike09
03-18-2006, 06:15 AM
3-3-2006
3-10-2006

4-1-2006
4-17-2006

5-2-2006

uh...

MentalSanityOff
03-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm going to say it again. I really don't think we can trust any news we hear from tool on 4/1...

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna say it again...

They're going to announce (on 4/1) that there will be no touring of the United States, then after all the people laughing at what a funny April's Fools joke it is, (on 4/2) they'll say...

"seriously, fuck you"

chalimar
03-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Finally a decent post round here.

HolyReality
03-18-2006, 08:28 AM
They're going to announce (on 4/1) that there will be no touring of the United States, then after all the people laughing at what a funny April's Fools joke it is, (on 4/2) they'll say...

"seriously, fuck you"

hilarious. but seriously, that would suck.

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 08:29 AM
why do i feel like i'm looking at a ghost?

aren't you a legend here?

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
thought so.

magnolia
03-18-2006, 09:50 AM

You apparently "called it". Next.

(i do agree that the single will undoubtedly ROCK!! though.)

Cid
03-18-2006, 09:55 AM
they're going to announce the real name on april 1st just s o no one believes is.

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 09:57 AM
That's highly likely.

Vlad
03-18-2006, 10:03 AM
All you speculators will have your asses handed back to you. Happy April Fools!

Mr.Rubberburner
03-18-2006, 10:16 AM
well done, i concur...a well needed thread

a788
03-18-2006, 10:25 AM

You will finally have the new tool CD in your hands and all be happy that you just knew the title of the new album is "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALADOTIOUS"

you had to look up that word, didnt you?

sularetal
03-18-2006, 10:29 AM
you had to look up that word, didnt you?

Actually no. I just took a guess. Does anyone know if it's right?

a788
03-18-2006, 10:30 AM
that was a good guess, sounds right

Andorion
03-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Actually no. I just took a guess. Does anyone know if it's right?

Close :)

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALIDOCIOUS

Just the "I" instead of "A" and "C" instead of "T" - good guess though!

tooldude
03-18-2006, 11:01 AM
thats exactly what will happen

Metalgod666
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
No ones gonna believe what they post on 4/1 because look at their track record haha... bus accidents, finding jesus

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
the band will decide to delay the release of the album by a week and we will all be clinging to life until 5/9/06 when the whole world will be in harmony (yeah right!!).

I want to agree with everything you said except for that. I don't want the release date delayed.

magnolia
03-18-2006, 11:53 AM
No ones gonna believe what they post on 4/1 because look at their track record haha... bus accidents, finding jesus
Hahaha, hooooly shit. I almost forgot about Maynard finding Jesus.

EulogyCallinMe
03-18-2006, 11:53 AM

ha yeah, they have pretty much just been copying other (shitty) things that have happened to other bands... i do wonder what the next one will be. the jesus thing made me laugh so hard but i got incredibly nervous at the extent they took the joke to though.

pki2003
03-18-2006, 12:11 PM
I think that's why the album information we've be given is fake. They have done so much to us in the past the only way they could get us would be to give us a lie first then tell us the truth when we expect a lie. Unless their going for truth first give everyone a lie on 4/1 and let them stew with that for a while kind of like they did last year.... Really its genius on their part, if you don't think they realize what kind of monster they have created you must be living in a bubble. What color is the sky again?

pki2003
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
04-01-2006

OMFG it's the end of the world -- BMB

Over a huge disagreement pertaining to the color of shower curtains for the upcoming tour the rock band Tool has officially disbanded. When asked about the arguement the bands front man Maynard James Keenan had only this to say. "I think puce would have been the right way to go." Concerning their upcoming release 10,000 days Keenan would only say that he had no idea what anyone was talking about and that the band had no plans to ever release any work after their platinum selling album Lateralus. When asked about the fight the bands guitarist Adam Jones had this to say "Well, as far as I'm concerned pink herringbone is the only answer." The bands other members where unavailable for comment.

04-02-06
Associated Press -- Tragedy has struck world wide when it became apparent that all the members of the TDN, a web page associated with the now defunct band Tool, apparently committed mass suicide over yesterdays announcement that the band's new album was never in the works and had in fact broken up. When asked about deaths the bands front man Maynard James Keenan would only tell the associated press "Well, apparently we all just got a little a drunk and had a big misunderstanding. Finally, we decided to just go with basic blue shower curtains and now everythings fine."

Nebel
03-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Look at our newest member LOL

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 12:26 PM
04-01-2006

Over a huge disagreement pertaining to the color of shower curtains for the upcoming tour the rock band Tool has officially disbanded. When asked about the arguement the bands front man Maynard James Keenan had only this to say. "I think puce would have been the right way to go." Concerning their upcoming release 10,000 days Keenan would only say that he had no idea what anyone was talking about and that the band had no plans to ever release any work after their platinum selling album Lateralus. When asked about the fight the bands guitarist Adam Jones had this to say "Well, as far as I'm concerned pink herringbone is the only answer." The bands other members where unavailable for comment.

04-02-06
Associated Press -- Tragedy has struck world wide when it became apparent that all the members of the TDN, a web page associated with the now defunct band Tool, apparently committed mass suicide over yesterdays announcement that the band's new album was never in the works and had in fact broken up. When asked about deaths the bands front man Maynard James Keenan would only tell the associated press "Well, apparently we all just got a little a drunk and had a big misunderstanding. Finally, we decided to just go with basic blue shower curtains and now everythings fine."
Pink herringbone all the way!

Bravo

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 12:28 PM
LMAO im suprised that was still available. I guess noone really wanted to be Blair

evfain
03-18-2006, 02:05 PM

This spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

a788
03-18-2006, 02:25 PM
in the most delightful ways!

Psychedelica
03-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Tool will announce the release of twelve, three minute, radio friendly tunes for there new CD. Then, we will all kill ourselves.

a788
03-18-2006, 02:49 PM
yesa masta

lachrymoIogy
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
04-01-06

ALL THE WAY IN..

Some of you may or may not know, a new Scott Staph sex tape is circulating the internet. Kid rock involved? No, MJK frontman from tool can be seen in this video, sodomizing the Olson twins, drinking Starbucks, and high-fiving the ex- Creed singer. Luckily, they have finally turned 18, so there will be no criminal trial, BUT I was told that Staph and Keenan are now BFF, so i'm that the opening act for the european tour will undoubtably be ..."Alter Bridge". Many of you have speculated that the name/tracklisting of the new album was a hoax. well you are right. the name of the new album is ..."Elephtheria"

-BMB

04-02-06

DUMBASSES

OF COURSE THE TITLE OF THE ALBUM IS 10,000 DAYS! but...alter bridge will still open for the european/australian leg of the tour. ISIS and Clutch will open on the american leg.

BMB

lachrymoIogy
03-18-2006, 04:29 PM
something like that i recon x.x

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Bush looks quite constipated.

a788
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
double chin!

dracomordag
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
this is the most original idea i've ever seen

Cid
03-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Close :)

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICXPALIDOCIOUS

Just the "I" instead of "A" and "C" instead of "T" - good guess though!

and i doubt it's "XP"......maybe "supercalifragilisticEXPIalidocious" ? expi for xp? who knows...not me.

ripewithdecay
03-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I think I'm just going to avoid TDN and TA altogether for 4/1 through say, 4/5. So by the time I come back, I'll see the "news" and what unfolded.

lachrymoIogy
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I think I'm just going to avoid TDN and TA altogether for 4/1 through say, 4/5. So by the time I come back, I'll see the "news" and what unfolded. i didnt post this, cause it was my secret protectioan from falling for whatever they post. best idea on this forum, ever.

sularetal
03-18-2006, 05:29 PM
4/1 is less than 2 weeks away. It's coming, so grease up TDNers..

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-18-2006, 05:36 PM
the biggest April fools joke will be none at all.........then every one will go crazy

vinegar_tom
03-18-2006, 05:49 PM
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, you dumbasses.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism.

lachrymoIogy
03-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism. ^ biggest word in the english languege. ::nods::

Animus X torsi
03-18-2006, 07:16 PM
you all sound quite precocious

Mr.Rubberburner
03-18-2006, 07:18 PM
'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism.
That is quite a hippopotomonstrosesquipidelian word.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-18-2006, 07:28 PM
^ biggest word in the english languege. ::nods::

Nope.

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (also spelled PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOKONIOSIS) is the longest word in the English Language.

Edit: It is a hippopotomonstrosesquipidelian word, HalfASandwich.

lachrymoIogy
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
- owned

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Nope.

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (also spelled PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOKONIOSIS) is the longest word in the English Language.

Edit: It is a hippopotomonstrosesquipidelian word, HalfASandwich.

"A protein, an enzyme with 267 amino acids, extends to 1,913 letters:

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanyla lanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglut amylglycylalany lphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonyll eucylglycylaspa rtylprolylglycylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylle ucyllysylisoleu cylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylgl ycylalanylaspar tylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolyl phenylalanylser ylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylth reonyliso leucylglutaminylaspfraginylalanylthreonylleucylarg inylalanylpheny lalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonylprolylalanyl glutaminylcyste inylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucylalanylleucy lisoleucylargin ylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylpr olylisoleucylgl ycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginyll eucylvalylpheny lalanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglut amylphenylalany ltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvaly lglycylva lylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvaly lprolylvalylglu taminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginy lglutaminylalan ylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvalylalany lprolylisoleucy lphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylasparty lalanylaspartyl aspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisole ucylalanylseryl tyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylle ucylleucylseryl arginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutam ylasparag inylarginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparagin ylhistidylleucy lvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparag inylalanylalany lprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanylgly cylisoleucylser ylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylal anylisoleucylas partylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucy lserylglycylser ylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleucylisoleucylgluta mylglutaminylhi stidylasparaginylisoleucylglutamylprolylglutamylly sylmethio nylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylv alylglutaminylp rolylmethion yllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine."

chemistry > all

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Here's an interesting one:

"Two chemical terms (3,641 and 1,913 letters long) have appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records. They were withdrawn because they have never been used by chemists, and there is no theoretical limit to the length of possible legitimate chemical terms. A DNA molecule could have a name of over 1,000,000,000 letters if it was written out in full."

ACETYL*SERYL*TYROSYL*SERYL*ISO*LEUCYL*THREONYL*SER YL*PROLYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*VALYL*PHE NYL*ALANYL*LEUCYL*SERYL*SERYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*ALA NYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*LEUC YL*ASPARAGINYL*VALYL*CYSTEINYL*THREONYL*SERYL*SERY L*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*GLUTAMINYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*ALANY L*ARGINYL*THREONYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*VALYL*GLUTA MINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*VA LYL*TRYPTOPHYL*LYSYL*PROLYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*G LUTAMINYL*SERYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ARGINYL*PHENYL*ALAN YL*PROLYL*GLYCYL*ASPARTYL*VALYL*TYROSYL*LYSYL*VALY L*TYROSYL*ARGINYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINYL*ALANYL*VALYL *LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*THREONYL* ALANYL*LEUCYL*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL *ASPARTYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ASPARAGINYL*ARGINYL*ISO LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*VALYL*GLUTAMYL*ASPARAGIN YL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*SERYL*PROLYL*THREONYL*THR EONYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMYL*THREONYL*LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*ALA NYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ARGINYL*VALYL*ASPARTYL*ASPART YL*ALANYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ALANYL*ISOLEUCYL*ARGINYL* SERYL*ALANYL*ASPARAGINYL*ISOLEUCYL*ASPARAGINYL*LEU CYL*VALYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*ARGINY L*GLYCYL*THREONYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINY L*GLUTAMINYL*ASPARAGINYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*GL UTAMYL*SERYL*METHIONYL*SERYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*T RYPTOPHYL*THREONYL*SERYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*ALANYL*SERI NE = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.

Pointless I know.

Edit: DEFINATELY THE NAME OF THE NEW TOOL ALBUM.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Gorsafawddachaidraigodanheddogleddolonpenryhnareur daethceredigion, Wales.

It really is a town in Wales. The name means: the Mawddach station and its dragon teeth at the Northern Penrhyn Road on the golden beach of Cardigan bay.

HalfASandwidch
03-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Gorsafawddachaidraigodanheddogleddolonpenryhnareur daethceredigion, Wales.

It really is a town in Wales. The name means: the Mawddach station and its dragon teeth at the Northern Penrhyn Road on the golden beach of Cardigan bay.
Sounds like a town I want to live in.

Animus X torsi
03-18-2006, 07:49 PM
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahahahahaha hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hhahaah- longer

sularetal
03-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Maybe if we use our imaginations we can post all the April Fools jokes we can think of before 4/1 and Blair won't have anything to post because we know all of them.lol! Fun!

Animus X torsi
03-18-2006, 08:13 PM
maybe if we just stop reading the toolband website everyone will stop being so paranoid

flipmojo
03-18-2006, 08:41 PM
?

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Lets all send Cryptic messages to Blair and see how he like it HA HA HA HA HA

idontmind462
03-19-2006, 12:17 AM
LOL

dischordance
03-19-2006, 05:45 AM
04-01-2006

04-02-06
Associated Press -- Tragedy has struck world wide when it became apparent that all the members of the TDN, a web page associated with the now defunct band Tool, apparently committed mass suicide over yesterdays announcement that the band's new album was never in the works and had in fact broken up. When asked about deaths the bands front man Maynard James Keenan would only tell the associated press "Well, apparently we all just got a little a drunk and had a big misunderstanding. Finally, we decided to just go with basic blue shower curtains and now everythings fine."Best post of all time.

chalimar
03-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Yup.

toology514
03-19-2006, 10:09 AM
ha.

(

Rosette feasted
03-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Edit: DEFINATELY THE NAME OF THE NEW TOOL ALBUM.
That would be so cool

TheRuleOfThree
03-19-2006, 10:28 AM
This just needs to go away.

sularetal
03-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Only one week left. What's it gonna be this time?

agnomos
03-24-2006, 06:03 PM
That was funny.

Unintelligible_Whispering
03-24-2006, 08:42 PM
04-01-06

THE NEW ALBUM..

As there is not long until the release of the album, I feel that i should now announce that there is in fact no new tool album this year, instead we will be releasing my first solo album, danny will be a guest on the album as backup farter. Yes thats right, it will be the first album of farts in different keys and time signatures.

-BMB

svet-am
03-25-2006, 07:29 AM
I don't recall (and, quite frankly, don't care to go back and do that calculation), but do you guys think the 1 APRIL joke will actually occur on 1 APRIL? 1 APRIL occurs on a Saturday this year, so if BMB only posts during normal business days, that means we could see something as early as Friday or as late as Monday.

bonus.cheese
03-25-2006, 07:39 AM
If i recall correctly, some of Tool's April fools jokes don't occur right on April 1st.

sularetal
03-25-2006, 10:16 AM
If i recall correctly, some of Tool's April fools jokes don't occur right on April 1st.

We are experiencing one right now. We'll know more in about a week - maybe less.

idwita
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
04-01-2006

04-02-06

when in doubt, "basic blue," eh? i like jade... ;)

Alex in Chains
03-25-2006, 11:25 PM

And some of them last for years. Like hiring Blair as their fucking webmaster.

-A

insaner
03-25-2006, 11:52 PM
And some of them last for years. Like hiring Blair as their fucking webmaster.

-A

this post is pathetically pathetic.