PDA

View Full Version : it speaks

dan
11-21-2002, 11:38 PM
all anal sex references aside, i take the following from 4 degrees:

"free yourself from yourself", combined with "you won't do what you'd like to do", gives me the feeling that the person being spoken to has enormous self-constraint issues, never doing what he/she wants; possibly doing things to make others happy. very selfless.

the speaker introduces the notion that life is too short to live pleasing others 100% of the time. the speaker will do anything the other wants as long as he/she does something for him/her self.

"if you know me down ill get back running" indicates the speaker's willingness to help the other; the speak will literally do anything to help the other please him/her self.

"it brings us closer than dying and cancer and crying" is simply an extremely strong way to show that the two will be as close as possible by the end of the experience. "let me in" refers to the fact that the person being spoken to has, in effect, closed off his/her inner self from anyone, possibly even including his/her self.

pretty much sums up to self-improvement through risk-taking. if you take a chance and do something for yourself, just this once, you will not regret it, and in turn, open yourself up to a whole new life experience.

paraflux
11-22-2002, 07:51 AM
It could be the selfless thing... and I suppose that for you it is. :-)

I ran across an interesting concept in church one day (There were few of those, mostly it was all... silly) that the opposite of love is not hatred. It is selfishness. Think about it. If you withhold love, what are you doing? Being selfish. When we hate people, we don't show them what love has the power to do. And I would imagine when I say "love," people will understand that I'm not talking about the girlfriend/boyfriend kind of kissy love. I mean the allpowerful "God is Love" type love. "You don't do what you'd like to do" to me doesn't necessarily mean you are too busy helping others in a selfless way so that you never get a chance to do what you want. I see it as being too selfish so that you don't want to let go of your judgments, thought processes, fear, all that we cling to to keep our "sanity" and live in society. That's why we should free ourselves from ourselves, we are withholding love from our own selves!!! We don't let go of our comfort (however twisted it is) and therefore it keeps us from experiencing all that we can!!! Thus the explanation of "cavern of treasures" "locked up inside you" like the "calm BENEATH castles."
I'm not saying that if we are constantly giving away our energy we couldn't experience the same problem. But until we are part of the solution, how helpful can we actually be to others? Where it counts most?

dan
11-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by paraflux
the opposite of love is not hatred. It is selfishness.

i couldn't agree more. that is kind of what i was getting at in my earlier post.

great job :)

crow011
05-19-2004, 08:56 PM
yeah, me too . . .

Johnny Truant
05-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Noob! Loser! This thread is old!

crow011
05-19-2004, 09:02 PM
no way . . .

Johnny Truant
05-19-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm watching yall.

eonbluecasanova
05-19-2004, 09:05 PM
I agree with crow, bitch

SmallWangedMan
05-19-2004, 09:12 PM
4 degrees is a good song!

crow011
05-19-2004, 09:16 PM
yeah, but not as good as flood . . .

hunter
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
4 degrees is better than flood..sorry i just like it better..im not saying flood is a bad song or anything..

munted_soul
05-20-2004, 03:16 AM
Heh, nice revival.

Undertolerance
06-16-2004, 10:46 AM
I feel that this song is about getting someone else to open up to you be it a friend or a boy/girl friend. I myself see it as trying to get a girl you like to open to you, in new and fun ways. I also see it as you wanting to be the first to share her love amongst other things ;) So I guess that in a way I can see the sex interpretation, but that is too shallow view of the whole thing.