PDA

View Full Version : Stoners READ

moneyisevil
09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
I was really flippin high and i was listening to this song with headphones on..i think the song can be about being high...

here ya go: intro sound sounds like a it could be a bong...roll with this idea

really fucken high off some good shit, "im sweating and breathing, staring and thinking, sinking deeper...and its almost like im swimming.."...sounds like hes high

"seems like ive been here before seems so familiar.." third eye type shit, being high opens up a whole new perspective, and could induce deja vou

"feels like im sinking into a dream within a dream" ever been so high u felt like you were dreaming?

"hunter and the fisher man" i dunno how to explain this..just being dualistic i guess...being anything when ur stoned

much of this is blabber, but i suggest this...

GET STONED...LISTEN TO SWEAT..AND TELL ME THAT IF YOU PUT THE SONG INTO THE CONTEXT OF MARIJUANA YOU DONT COME UP WITH THE SAME CONCLUSION I DID...

try it...

if your not open to this or think its a bad idea just stfu

TTM
09-22-2005, 07:46 PM
pothead

Archetypically
09-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't often say this about anybody's opinion... EVER, but this one I have to call...
WRONG

but it's cool... if that's what you feel about it... right on.

bluefire
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
man, im a stoner, but im not sure bout that.

placidium
09-23-2005, 12:49 PM
i totally agree.

moneyisevil
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
im not saying THAT is what the song IS About...i think its a funny interpretation to ponder when ur stoned and listening to the song

pathological2
09-23-2005, 05:36 PM
I TOTALLY, 100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read my interpretation and see. Funny thing is most fans don't think Maynard writes about being high. I think most of his songs are about being high.

whalethesecond
09-23-2005, 07:16 PM
using that explanation, it could be a metaphor for many things other than being stoned, some of which are much more viable.

moneyisevil
09-24-2005, 11:16 AM
again i am NOT SAYING THE SONG IS ABOUT BEING HIGH...but try it...listen to it high and think about it...

stardragonii
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Most Tool songs can be related to being high. I guess you need to keep digging until you feel something.

mjkajdcjc
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Tool songs tend to have multiple meanings. This could be a surface level interpretation of it.

jim39n
10-29-2006, 12:11 AM
i think you're partially right. it deffinetly could partially about a different state of mind of some kind. but to say that is deffinetly a stated induced by thc is reaching a bit. it could as easily be any other substance, or meditation, or physical event, that triggered this state.

Eulogy33
05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
haha...interesting.

EternalEnergi
05-31-2007, 05:07 PM
If it's about being high, than it's about being high on acid.

jaggermeister
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
you know what's funny; ironic funny not haha funny; anyway......when your high, EVERYTHING can be viewed as pertaining to getting high......that's it; that's what marihuana does to you. you want to SEE deeper meaning into things, then you will. smoking brings the subconscious to the foreground; thus, if you want to see crosses everywhere and believe it is god's will speaking to you, then that is what you'll see. if i look at my water bottle and i think that the man is trying to control the world's water supply because he owns a big fucking lake and wants to sell the stuff for 8 dollars a bottle, is that because i'm high? not necessarily but probably.

the subconscious mind is a powerful thing; it is what controls emotions and develops our desire. when the subconscious becomes so blatantaly obvious, it can fuck with people's ids and egos. it throws what is to be the "known rational universe" into a big question mark.

think for youself.....

that said, the dark side of oz makes you realize that the universe is pretty small.

Imdrowning
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't know about smoking bringing subconscious to the foreground, but I definately agree that if you want to find a connection you probably will. Darkside of the moon and the wizard of oz don't have any connections intended by the writers, but everyone who watches it is thinking about trying to make connections. Chances are they are going to find some.
I'm not sure why but I've often found it easy to relate song lyrics to drug things. Even when I'm reasonably sure the writer didn't intend the song to be about drugs.

liecheatsteal
01-01-2008, 10:50 PM
that's what marihuana does to you.

lmfao @ marihuana

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Wow, I think I just found the short yellow bus of threads.

liecheatsteal
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I was really flippin high and i was listening to this song with headphones on..i think the song can be about being high...

here ya go: intro sound sounds like a it could be a bong...roll with this idea

really fucken high off some good shit, "im sweating and breathing, staring and thinking, sinking deeper...and its almost like im swimming.."...sounds like hes high

"seems like ive been here before seems so familiar.." third eye type shit, being high opens up a whole new perspective, and could induce deja vou

"feels like im sinking into a dream within a dream" ever been so high u felt like you were dreaming?

"hunter and the fisher man" i dunno how to explain this..just being dualistic i guess...being anything when ur stoned

much of this is blabber, but i suggest this...

GET STONED...LISTEN TO SWEAT..AND TELL ME THAT IF YOU PUT THE SONG INTO THE CONTEXT OF MARIJUANA YOU DONT COME UP WITH THE SAME CONCLUSION I DID...

try it...

if your not open to this or think its a bad idea just stfu

You're the type of person that gives pot smokers a bad stereotype. So I quoted the most idiotic parts of your thread.

Mari Jaine
01-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Wow, I think I just found the short yellow bus of threads.

LOL.

miketh74
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
again i am NOT SAYING THE SONG IS ABOUT BEING HIGH...but try it...listen to it high and think about it...

I'm high right now and to me it's viable............I think.

PantRabbits
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
whatever hits your spot, or your g spot. excuse me for a second but another good band is portishead, sorry if you don't like it.