PDA

View Full Version : interpretation of the album, lateralus

DonnieDarko
11-20-2002, 09:30 PM
All of the songs on the album, after a listen or two, seem to present a straightforward message on ways to handle your life. I've kinda avoided posting thoughts about individual songs because i don't really have anything to offer that hasn't already been mentioned. I think Lateralus as a whole pertains to something bigger. For example, i read on some website about it's relation to the kabbalah (which i know nothing about). it just seems like the individual songs are very easily interpreted. additionally, most of the interpretations are basically the same. i think the real message is contained when you look at the whole album rather than each individual song. i don't know about you, but this has "pink floyd+wizard of oz" written all over it which is why i've decided to postpone my life and watch every film ever made along with lateralus until i figure it out. any thoughts?

undrtow17
11-20-2002, 11:04 PM
I support the new direction of your life .
Start in the childrens section just to make things interesting
-Jordan

Karf
11-22-2002, 01:02 PM
For me, I belive Lateralus's general theme is the first emotions of life-- diversifying themselves into the conquenses of the feelings and emotions. Then it branches out into subjects that are unknown to most, and our job as the listeners of the album is to expand ourselves, grow, and learn these new concepts and ideas.