PDA

View Full Version : easier than it looks, more complicated than you think, i guess.

astroman
02-11-2003, 08:03 PM
well.. this is my first post...

hello.

anyway, lateralus is my favorite tool song, the first time i've heard it it brought tears to my eyes. the reason for that is because i could relate a lot to that song.

but i can never find anyone who gets this song the way i do.

i know. music should be left to the imagination of the listener. and you can interpretate a song anyway you desire...

but, to be completely honest with you, for me, if there is one band whose lyrics can be taken in a completely literal way, this band is tool.

that's why lateralus is so amazing to me.

as you may know, the members of tool pratice ritual magick for a long time. as their last album demosntrates, they're really familiar with the enochian ritual magick system.

and that's exactly what they sing about...

the patient, for example, deals with a common fact during the life of a magick student/praticant, wich happens when, all of a sudden, nothing happens anymore.

the beautiful and amazing lateralus is exactly the opposite.

it describes all the stages of an enochian magick ritual.

i could write pages about what every single line means exactly, but i'd only sound crazy for most people... those things require study and dedication (i'm not that dedicated, but i do study them)

you can easily find similarities if you read something by benjamin rowe... when he writes about the passion you need to perform a magick ritual he sounds a lot like maynard in this song...

well... you can still interpretate this song anyway you want... i guess i'd see it completely different if i've never read anything about the enochian system... but i did, and the song surprised me in the most beautiful way...

you can read the following article by rowe... in this one he describes. at first, the essential skills of magick: imagination , emotion , and feeling...

http://w3.one.net/~browe/pentagram%20ritual.htm

anyway, this is all jut my opinion...and since i'm still human, i can be dead wrong...

have fun!