PDA

View Full Version : Just heard the radio edit

vic1torious
06-15-2005, 08:26 AM
i can't believe they took out that whole hi hat - bass section in the middle of the song. I was like "WTF mate!"

KroniKlepto
06-15-2005, 08:33 AM
are you in the boston area? I heard it too, normally WAAF doesn't do that... I sent Mistress Carrie an email about it.

Kelly
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
i am going to guess he is from australia, being that he reffered to whomever he was angry with as mate, otherwise i dont know or care

Faith+1
06-19-2005, 11:26 PM
well, being such a long song im sure clear channel had something to do with it.

vic1torious
06-20-2005, 07:07 AM
im from the boston area actually

Dr. Jake Destructo
06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I heard they also shorten/take out the intro.

I'd rather have them just play Sober than to fuck with Lateralus.

vic1torious
06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
lateralus is so much better than sober. although i would like them to just play lateralus for the full 9 minutes.

BurntBridgeToll
07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
The corporate radio station around here played the edited version and it was awful. They made the song lose it's epic-ness.

However, we have an independant radio station around here that plays the song with just the first 40 seconds or so of the intro edited out.

lateralus freak
07-29-2005, 01:55 AM
I wish I lived in America. What's it like over there?
I hate it here, to many bougans. I'm greek by the way, greeks rock!
And I don't care if the song go's for 9:23 or something, they should play the whole damn song! It's not the same unless they play the whole thing!

TTM
07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I was surprised to hear a local rock station play eulogy uncut, albeit i did hear it at about 1am. I am yet to hear any station play lateralus at all - uncut or otherwise. Maybe they recognise that you must play the whole thing through to get the most out of the song, but i doubt it!

TheNothingSong
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
ahh man IMO thats the best bit..I was in a pub a while back and we went up and asked for tool. they cut out all the hip hop bullshit for like 40 minutes and played lateralus, eulogy, fortysix & two, aenima.. it was so good to hear it so loud.

Wave.Existance.Tears
08-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, that pwns actually.
I hate when radio stations edit songs, but thankfully I don't have to hear edited songs unless curious (considering our radio plays real poppy shit...the hardest stations plays numetal, post-grunge and such with the occasional grunge smash hit. They don't need edits.). I have never heard a Tool song on the radio here. EVER.
Still though. Butchering the epic that is Lat. is debauchery and blastphemy.

Petary791
08-05-2005, 07:51 PM
GRRRRR!

I can't stand the radio.

Citizen Erased
08-09-2005, 05:23 PM
They shouldn't have even thought about playing Lateralus on the Radio in the first place.

All songs i've heard that had been edited (having originally been to long for radio play) have been ruined. New Born by Muse is a good example. It was cut down from just over 6 minutes long, to 3 minutes and 9 seconds. They had completely halved the song, for radio play. They had cut out over a minute of the intro, and completely cut out an entire verse.

You aren't getting the true representation of the song and it destroys the composition of the song.

dark_Speedo
09-01-2005, 04:51 AM
are you in the boston area? I heard it too, normally WAAF doesn't do that... I sent Mistress Carrie an email about it.

Yeah, I live in Boston and i hear the same version sometimes. I only listen to WAAF, im sick of hearing greenday every 17 minutes on BCN.