PDA

View Full Version : just shut up

Devolved
02-06-2003, 04:18 PM
i believe it was the french philosipher Voltaire who said: "i may not agree with what he said,but i must defend his right to say it"

i think many of you are bashing fred dursts unfairly. i agree that his version of opiate was terrible, and that the song was barely recognizable, but you cant bash him for that, he can cover what ever songs he wants as long as he does it legallly. if you have that much of a problem with it, just dont listen to the song, simple as that. your whinig and complaints arent going to change anything, so just shut up and and listen to the music you do think is worth listening to

ignore-reality
02-06-2003, 04:34 PM
The only problem with Fred Durst covering a Tool song (especially one like "opiate") to me is that he isn't making any kind of a point. If he really understands the song (which is unlikely) then he's just being a hypocrite. I've seen him talk about his faith, religion, and what not in the past. The song "opiate" carries powerful religious messages that he would just say he agrees with to look cool. Not working however.