PDA

View Full Version : ...with your light and your lies?

Ashes-TO-Ashes
04-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Why do people refer to this as the lyrics. I've heard this song a trillion times and all I can ever hear is "Open my eyes, blind me with your light now."

bluefire
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I've never heard "lies" in all my times listening to the song....Maybe its performed that why live...Maybe its used to imply that this song is song sarcastically....I dunno, I'd like to know too

Jimmy Stinkfist
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
i'm pretty sure he says both. "light now" and "lies now"

pathological2
08-05-2005, 05:39 AM
yeah, the first line is "blind me...light now", second line is "blind me....lies now".

triad636
08-12-2005, 06:47 AM
yep i was just listening to one of the live versions and he uses both light and lies...which fits when you consider the meaning of the song.. and u can find that out on toolshed... just go to audio and find the adam on JJJ he mentions what the song means in one of the clips its a good interview and you should check it out if you havent already

Goldfoot
08-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Why do people refer to this as the lyrics. I've heard this song a trillion times and all I can ever hear is "Open my eyes, blind me with your light now."

I can tell you why. Because Maynard sent Toolshed the lyrics and they are as follows:

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.