PDA

View Full Version : you will be raped

Zinnia
02-03-2003, 06:26 PM
you know thoes guys who go around on tours and say they are gods tool and "heal" people and whatnot? i think this song is about those kinds of people. the ones who are only concerned with themselves. "deff and blind and dumb and born to follow. what you need is someone strong to guid you...like me" they see "us" as weak, something to take advantage of...they see them selves as stronger.
Basicly the song is telling us not to trust anyone too much because they could just be out there to "rape" us of out money, time, the list goes on. the song comes right out and sais it at "my gods will becomes me when he speaks he speaks through me he has neesd like i do we both want to rape you." all the stuff about gods will is the bull their tring to sell us.
"if you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me now don't you judge or question you are broken now but faith can heal you just do everything i tell you to do" they prey upon the week. the people who are desprete. they give false hope and we become obsessed.
the song is about thinking for yourself...don't let yourself be spoonfed by anyone. they will rape you of whatever they can.
i'm sorry if this is incoherent. i'm really tired and my brain is dieing.

jpmanson
02-03-2003, 07:00 PM
made perfect sense to me.. i agree with your interpretation. so many people use this song to say that tool is against christianity, but i dont think thats true at all. i think they are just against blindly believing everything you have been told.

Zinnia
02-05-2003, 08:51 AM
i think that's also one of the reasons why we know so little about the members of the band. we will make them idols and decide we like the way they look, dress, or their personality. because of that we'll be determined to like their music and belive what they say. tool dosn't want that. they want us to form our own ideas. they tell us to do that in this song and many others.