PDA

View Full Version : Subliminal Message?!

IrisoftheShadow
02-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm not crazy! I swear it!

Okay, So i will admit it. I was faded when I noticed this, but I could swear when Maynard sings the part, '
"Feed on a rhythm
to feel connected
enough to step aside and
weep like a widow..."

And the songs continues. Is it just me, or can I hear Maynard saying something in the background. The only thing I can really hear clearly is, "Step out." Turn up the volume really loud, put your ear to the speakers, and listen very carefully so that I know that I'm not the only one in the world who is crazy and hearing things! Yes, I first noticed it when I was stoned. But when I sobered up, I listened to the song again and hear, "Step out." fairly clearly.

Pro_Art
02-02-2003, 11:01 PM
background lyrics in [square brackets]...

starts at "Feel the rhythm..."
[My des-]
[ire to]
[feel]
[the rhythm]
[to feel]
[connected]
[embrace my...]

(gap)

starts exactly halfway between "step aside and" and "weep like..."
[step out]
[step out]
[step out]
(fading out)[step out]

(gap)

starts at "to" in "feel inspired, to"
[fathom]
[power]
[feel the]
[beauty]
[bathe in]
[fountain]
[feel]
[the rhythm]
(volume drops)[feel]
[connected]
[step out]
[step out]
[step out]
[step out]
[step out]
(volume comes back)[feel]
[the rhythm]
[feel]
(fades out)[connected]
[?]
[?]
[swing on]
(fades in)[spiral]
[swing on]
[spiral]

The placement of the words probably has some mathematical significance. I pinpointed the exact starting points for that reason, so someone else can figure out the puzzle. Main syllables land on open hi hat hits.

It would be sad, and an insult to your own intelligence if any of you reply saying Tool didn't want us to pick this apart and figure it out. The hidden lyrics wouldn't be here, let alone be so strategically placed alongside the hi hat if they didn't want fans to pick it apart. Tool has admitted they're geeks when it comes to this stuff and have been known to leave hidden messages before. chances are, it has something to do with a spiral, or the fibonacci sequence.

Spiral out,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Pro_Art
02-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Pro_Art
chances are, it has something to do with a spiral, or the fibonacci sequence.

Or they might just be playin' with us. (yeah, I know I'm replying to my own post)

Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Plastilina_Ve
02-03-2003, 10:30 AM
I was going to write about it!, I start to hear something when he goes "to feel the rythm..." a little voice bouncing from right to left and viceversa. Thanks for the transcription of the message.

holy reality
02-03-2003, 03:36 PM
man I don't want to bash you guys hearing, buit i consider my hearing to be crap and i can very clearly hear everything he is saying when i choose to focus on it.... i noticed it like a year ago......... and my volume doesn't get very high at all on my cd player

do you all not use headphones or something?

Penguin
02-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Yeah I can easily hear it too.. nothin special

Badg
02-14-2003, 12:49 AM
I noticed that a while ago too. It's not difficult to hear, but I hadn't paid attention to it before.

But I think that there are no more hidden messages to the song.

futile
02-22-2003, 09:04 PM
i can hear the step out. ive always noticed them. i didnt think anything of it other than artistic value. preceeding the point in question, at about the same tone it sounds like like theres a reverse echo. meaning it comes before it is sang. (fell the rythme) {feel the rythme} (to feel connected) {to feel connected} () = echo {} = MJK.

i wouldnt think much anything of it. i dont think Maynerd -or who ever- put it there as a subliminal message. if it were a subliminal message it would be on a wave length too low or high for us to hear.

i know there are some die hard people out there who think that everysong, every word, every hit of dannys' stick signifies something. just think of the "message" as the extra people in the back ground of a painting. there there to add mood and envirement.

xXlotusXx
03-11-2003, 02:32 PM
i would have to say that i've always noticed the backround singing quite distinctively. i wouldnt imagine that it would be anything subliminal, as for it landing on the high hits, er w/e they're called, i'm sure that is just a part of the mathematical artistry.