PDA

View Full Version : My simple interpretation

phatslug
11-13-2004, 06:57 PM
This song is a lesson in how to stand, "with your feet upon the ground" and yet still be able to "loose yourself between the sounds." The way to do this is not to "over think" or "over analyze", Maynard explains, because doing that will "separate the body from the mind," and the two need to work together in perfect unity and balance to achieve Quality. Once you've figured out how to do this, you can "spiral out" and achieve whatever greatness and "infinite possibilites," you desire.

As simple and concise as I can put it, this is what this song has meant to me over the last two years or so. I'm sure it can mean many other things to other people, but this is only part of Maynard's genius.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
It reminds me of when I'm walking on the beach near my house, watching the sunset. Sometimes I get to thinking the dynamics of the planet and it's revolution around the sun, and the entire universe and everything...and relationships between people I have and myself, and how I've been effected and stuff..

and then I completely miss the entire point of the sunset. Thats why I'm always pissed off at you guys for overanalyzing everything.

Triangular_Vision
11-14-2004, 09:08 PM
get comfortably numb