PDA

View Full Version : Government

Digital Dreamer
01-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Has anyone else noticed the parallels with the government in this song? First of all on the opiate shirt the latin says " a new opiate for the people" religion being the old and government the new. Secondly, this is about a government much like the midevil monarchies. "My gods will becomes me, when he speaks, he speaks through me" that line is about a theory called divine right, which is where the ruler of the land says that god told him to lead and that he carried out god's words. Well, that's all ill tell you for now. Just wanted to get the ball rolling.

futile
02-21-2003, 12:08 AM
I do see how you could come to that conclusion. Its a good observation, ive never actually looked at it from that angle. How ever..i think that its the other way around. I think that its about the clergy taking power away from the government bodies. In turn, thats why devine right was thaught up by the english kings. The English king (i forgot his name) during the late middle ages/renosonse (sp?) ,when the english parlement was trying to take power away the king and queen, he used this reason to keep his almost dictator ship rule.

REDjaide
02-21-2003, 12:13 AM
I think it might've been James I. (Maybe)...

eonblueapocalyp
03-08-2003, 09:02 PM
I think i may have to agree with futile. Although digital dreamer has a nice point, futile makes a bit more sense, since a good deal of the lsong is about faith.
Another point is that in the aenema cD cover there is a part where it says something like "beliefs are dangerous, beliefs allow a mind to stop thinking, a non thinking mind is clinnicaly dead" This could be used to inturpret the part about "deaf and dumb and blind and born to follow" I don't know, Spiral Out...