PDA

View Full Version : Lateralus 5/12/02 Brixton Academy

+void+
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi, I am new to the board but not new to the site. I've been into and listening to Tool since around 93' when Undertow came out (like a lot of people), I've seen them live 6 times, etc...

My question is...does anyone have an MP3 of Lateralus from the 5/12/02 Brixton Academy show? This was the version where the band completly messed up a part of the song and were lost for a little while. I have been looking for it on P2P's and websites, (deadohiosky.net doesn't have it), I haven't been able to find it.

*Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. Thanks for your time.

onemind
08-10-2004, 01:52 PM
you're in the wrong area...

and yes i have it...

edit: and your name makes no sense...

+void+
08-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry about the post...which area should I have posted in?

Assuming you want to, could you post the MP3 or how do you want to send it to me. My AIM is "LDpersun" (if that helps).

holy reality
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
could anyone describe the nature of the fuckup?

+void+
08-10-2004, 02:17 PM
I think there are some reviews in the "tour" section of this site that describe it pretty well. Here is Bennet's (whoever he is) post about it:

"Danny fucked up BIG TIME on Lateralus - he changed
his accents in the lead up to the 2nd chorus and just kept
going - missing the chorus completely. My jaw dropped -
Maynard stopped singing and Danny went back to his drum
part that he plays during verse (black & white etc), Danny
cracked up at this superb blunder while Adam & Justin stood
round the kit for a bit while they got back into the groove - a
good minute or 2 then they nailed the rest of the song"

Nick_Cave
08-10-2004, 03:54 PM
who cares if tool fucked up on one show. Don't focus on the negative things that the band does.

naked_but_oblivious
08-10-2004, 04:01 PM
who cares if tool fucked up on one show. Don't focus on the negative things that the band does.

says master nick cave. you would think that some people might want to hear a mess up of a band they hold to such high standards to knock them off their pedestal. they're people too, and if they're going to go around and charge $70 for a ticket to a show than mess up, i think everyone's entitled to hear it.

i'm really bored

+void+
08-10-2004, 04:53 PM
So uh, onemind...how about that MP3. Are you going to post it? or AIM it? Purty please.

Machiavelli70
08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
I bet they messed up the part that went into the 4/4 over 6/8 over 5/4 over 5/8 part

Lackymacky
08-11-2004, 04:40 PM
regarding the audio section, on deadohiosky.com, is it supposed to send only a clip? or is my internet just off?

reedc33
08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I think it's funny to hear/see a band fuck up. They are human afterall, and it's funny as hell to watch them sort of laugh about it on stage.

SmallWangedMan
08-11-2004, 08:07 PM
That would be cool to hear though. They should have kicked him out of the band. He could come play for me.

Lackymacky
08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
does anyone know if the audio section is supposed to give little clips, or is it supposed to give the whole thing?

swaps
08-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Slow downloads have a tendency to time out and the MP3 will be incomplete. The current version of the script is an improvement over previous ones, but the time out problem hasn't been completely solved.

Lackymacky
08-12-2004, 08:03 AM
so if i had faster internet, i would finish the song? because im getting like two point something megabytes and then it says its finished. i listen to only about a minute or so of the song. is there a way to correct this?

onemind
08-12-2004, 12:43 PM
so if i had faster internet, i would finish the song? because im getting like two point something megabytes and then it says its finished. i listen to only about a minute or so of the song. is there a way to correct this?

that is correct sir, yes...

radmanics
08-14-2004, 07:15 PM
By the description there, Adam and Justin just went into a jam... which would be a more interesting thing to listen to than lateralus normally, meaning, it's not negative. Shows they are human at our level of consciousness :P