PDA

View Full Version : amusing interlude

larips
01-16-2003, 05:10 PM
A few of you seem to have picked up on this already, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share with the group. I spent a few months in Germany, and the people I was staying with used the word eier (egss) the same way we use nuts; as a word for testicles.
'The balls of Satan'
or
'Satans scrotum' would both be acceptable translations of the title of the song.
(reminds me of Bill Hicks ......'Suck Satans Cock!' (if you haven't seen his stand up stuff, do yourself a favour and go see it)
Don't know if this is a universal german language thing ot if was just the tribal lingo of a few good natured hannoverians, but it is always good for a grin for me to think of someone shoutinout 'and no balls!' and having the crowd go wild.

Do we think that tool new of this devious double entendre when they wrote the song?

I'd say so, coz they could have chosen any ingredient to be the one that is omitted from the recipe.

larips
01-16-2003, 05:25 PM
....... sorry obviously you can't go and see bill hicks anymore, but track down his 92 London show down on the net.

Andy
02-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by larips
A few of you seem to have picked up on this already, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share with the group. I spent a few months in Germany, and the people I was staying with used the word eier (egss) the same way we use nuts; as a word for testicles.
'The balls of Satan'
or
'Satans scrotum' would both be acceptable translations of the title of the song.
(reminds me of Bill Hicks ......'Suck Satans Cock!' (if you haven't seen his stand up stuff, do yourself a favour and go see it)
Don't know if this is a universal german language thing ot if was just the tribal lingo of a few good natured hannoverians, but it is always good for a grin for me to think of someone shoutinout 'and no balls!' and having the crowd go wild.

Do we think that tool new of this devious double entendre when they wrote the song?

I'd say so, coz they could have chosen any ingredient to be the one that is omitted from the recipe.

Of course that is what Tool intended by the Title, it's supposed to mean Satan's balls.

Melody
09-16-2004, 07:11 AM

It's a universal thing. I live in the south and the word in that meaning is common here too.