PDA

View Full Version : Forcing oneness

spiral_gravity
06-02-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't know if this has been previosly talked about but when Maynard talks about how God has needs, like he does, They both want to rape you. I see the rape he is talking about as forcing oneness. God wants us to be one again after we leave this life, Maynard says he does too, and says he wants to force it (rape).

Why would Maynard want to force oneness, why would he want to force anything at all, isn't what he sings about finding ones self, not being forced into anything?

Meh, just some thoughts while lisenting to the song

Yetzirah
06-15-2004, 02:31 AM
I guess that the rape would be talking about how the christianity ... or whatever religion is being shoved down our throats ... thats what i think about that song anyway. Maybe maynard isnt singing about himself, maybe, hes being someone else and singing from someone elses point of view, when he says "like I do" maybe the 'I' is someone else???

Harold
06-15-2004, 02:37 AM
IMHO you're putting up words on MJK's lyrics that are not, i mean there is no rape word in that song, and coming up with the comparison, i find it a little forced, see my point?