PDA

View Full Version : The Collage

Paraguay
01-05-2003, 10:29 AM
There's a lot of stuff in that there cd collage.
Here is a big long list of all I've identified.

(From the left panel to right - cross at right)

Photo of Maynard
Photo of Adam
A key
two seahorse's
A segment of a 5 dollar bill
A bird skull
A beer can
Photo of Danny with a man
Ivy strand
Action figure arm
A coin
Photo of a man with a gun

Dentures
A doll with a screw up it's ass
An eyeball
A scorpion
A lower jaw bone of an animal
A fake necrophilia photo (apparently of Adam's pal Kevin)
A key
A bell
Screws
A chameleon
Maynard's dogtag
Some sort of medallion
A photo of a bearded man

Ivy strand
Photo of Danny
Photo of Paul D'amour
A cross with a Jesus picture on it
A coin
A wedding photo
Some kind of mechanical contraption (possibly a typewriter)
Skull
3 dolls, one with a demon head

Please add anything I've missed.

Windowlicker
01-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Why the hell would you list all these objects?

Paraguay
01-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Someone had to

Windowlicker
01-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Why? please explain, whats the purpose of it?

PilotCorsair
01-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Windowlicker
Why? please explain, whats the purpose of it?

incase some one wanted to analysis it or have a question about it, the whole opinion section is about analysising so, he just took the insentive and listed all the objects well done i say.

Necronomicon
01-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Why not list it?

It's interesting.

Convoy_X
01-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Paraguay
...Photo of Danny with a man...

Not a man his grandmother, she has cancer from what i hear.

Paraguay
01-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Shit, really?
I'll have to go look closer at it.
No disrespect was meant.

Tralfamadore-83
02-07-2003, 09:13 AM
It was all for one big tool garage sale...

who knows.

Insanekat
08-31-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm very curious about the significance of some of this stuff. If there is any at all too I guess.

jdstrube
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I think that they just put a bunch of random pictures together that kind of show what their personalities are like: wierd, quirky, artistic...etc.

one_reflection
10-25-2006, 01:10 AM
well i think good on you for listing it cos half of it i didnt pick up.

Cheers

DON IOTAE
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Here is a big long list of all I've identified.

(From the left panel to right - cross at right)

Photo of Maynard
Photo of Adam
A key
two seahorse's
A segment of a 5 dollar bill
A bird skull
A beer can
Photo of Danny with a man
Ivy strand
Action figure arm
A coin
Photo of a man with a gun

Dentures
A doll with a screw up it's ass
An eyeball
A scorpion
A lower jaw bone of an animal
A fake necrophilia photo (apparently of Adam's pal Kevin)
A key
A bell
Screws
A chameleon
Maynard's dogtag
Some sort of medallion
A photo of a bearded man

Ivy strand
Photo of Danny
Photo of Paul D'amour
A cross with a Jesus picture on it
A coin
A wedding photo
Some kind of mechanical contraption (possibly a typewriter)
Skull
3 dolls, one with a demon head

Please add anything I've missed.

Photo of Justin

Aenima7988
10-10-2007, 06:42 PM
they knew justin back in 92?

DON IOTAE
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
lol ive musta been HIIIIIIIGHH!!

thehunt
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I noticed

-right in front of Danny's childhood picture
is something in the shape of a figure eight...maybe a small eye mask
-...then...right in front of that...there is a figure of some sort...playing drums

-then...on the bottom of the cross with Jesus on it,
there some sort of reddish thing...whether its a mutilated hand, as euthanasia posted in his spanish interpretation of this album's artwork, on a seperate thread,
or maybe its some sort of animal
-Now, look close at the left arm of the cross, to its left. Against the frame is what I think may be a faded white pair of scissors, with the arms spread out and the sharp parts facing down, but they are black-ish and hard to see.

-To the top left of the wedding picture, is a white/red/black cord coming down from the plant on the frame, which may be a part of the object you said may be a typewriter

-ok...now look at the picture with the corpse
there is some sort of object, with green and orange type colors on the top right of it

-Below the corpse picture, to the right, is what you called a medallion,
but, I'm not sure if all of those items are part of that medallion,
the black lace-type object, the white objects, and all that whole mass/area

-now..below the dog tag...there is a piece of wood? with rough marks on one side
(right next to the head on the picture with the guy with his hands on his face (which I think you called a picture of a man with a beard))
ok..now...on the other side of that piece of wood, at the tip
there is a divit/dip in the piece.....now look close at it
it appears to me that there is a face and neck..maybe jesus....possibly carved in it,
facing down towards edge of picture there.

-over Adam's picture is a safety pin
-just above that is another skull..by the beer can
you said a bird skull, so i'm not sure if you are referring to that one...or the one right below it

-At the top of the picture of Danny with the older person, there is possibly an arrowhead carved out of bone or wood or stone
-...then at the bottom of the picture, in the white area, by the key, is some sort of stone or something almost flat
-So..there is that key over that picture, but there is also a key right below the figure with the screw in its butt, as part of the wood frame
-Above that figure, there is a nail in the frame, as by the screws that you mentioned, and nails in the frame behind that key in the frame by there
-Behind that key, and the wood frame, there is an object with 4 slits in it, maybe a part of a spatula or some sort of metal object maybe

-Then, going from Danny's picture with the older person, over to Maynard's picture, is a metal-type object, which may have that blackish object half-way across

-Now, by Maynard's picture, there is a bone above his picture
-Below it is probably a bird's talon.
-Above the talon (to the left of his picture) is another skull...not sure if you meant that one
-Above & behind that skull is some type of black & ivory thing....possibly with a face on the right of it...when Maynard's picture is facing you
This object might have a cross in the middle of it, with possibly a face at the top of it also
-as well as a red sploch of paint, blood, wax, something there
-There is also a red sploch right above paul's picture

-On the larger seahorse, I see a cross in its mid-section
possibly with figures or drawings on it
-Behind that seahorse seems to be a brown hook, like a clothing or door hook

-Then, there is, of course, the frame itself, with the wood going around the whole picture
-there are rugged pieces that appear throughout the picture, most noticeably on the piece of wood that paul's picture rests on, and possibly below the $5 bill, and to the right of and below maynard's picture, when he's facing you, and right above Danny's childhood picture, and above danny's picture with the older person

-What is Adam's picture resting on, some sort of metal object? the further down his picture, the more of a grid-metal design appears on the object.

-Above the picture of the man with the gun, below the wood it rests on, is some sort of metal object, maybe with keyholes on it

-plus all of the wires or threads that connect different parts of the picture, conncecting the wood, the dog-tag, the medallion, and throughout
-It may be part of the frame, but at the bottom of the cross with Jesus, there is a white-ish object
-Further back in the picture, like behind the jaw bone and corpse picture, there is a spring or whatever, in the dark parts of the picture, way back there. Another spring is above that
-Throughout the frame, there are various hinges, nails, and various pieces of wood, some which the wires and threads go through

Just some more things I noticed that can help clear up what is in the picture

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I always hated the artwork for Opiate...

miketh74
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Where's Waldo?

Omega4
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I think I finally found Waldo... I might have been tripping though....

Rolo
08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow, it took you like 1,5 year to find?

The Pit
08-30-2009, 07:47 AM
I thought it was a scapbook, like accumaltive sentimental possesions that were just hanging around but not used, mabey objects used as inspiration, not in music(well perhaps) but in their personal lives.

catatuna
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Willis? Whatchoo talkin bout?

Bawslev
09-06-2009, 10:32 AM
It seems to me, to be a collage designed for the purpose of forging long-term unbreakable binds between the band members for the purpose of dominating the world with 'family ties that bind' type of dedication to their band, TOOL. It is a talisman page, really: we are in this together, and we agree we will not leave this union until our work or goal, (whatever that was), is achieved! :) I know people who like to do such things:
with hand-drawn art, or collages: with their band mates or loved ones, to give the subconscious a direct order to keep the 'eye on the prize'.... that they included it in the artwork for Opiate, was maybe a bit over the top, but it seems to have worked, eh?
word.