PDA

View Full Version : sweaty thoughts

clown137
01-14-2004, 07:42 PM
sweat gives me this mental picture of like a guy just sitting on a boat in the middle of the afternoon, trying to catch somehthing, there is nothing in his boat and the sun is beating down on him . he swating like pig amnd just thinking dilussional thoughts. what do you think of the song?

Windir
01-15-2004, 08:37 AM
It seems like you just explained how you live through a day.

IC
01-19-2004, 03:59 PM
i like fish, but only when they are like fried or something. I dontknow, but I dont think I could bite into the side of a fish. cool song

AllforUnity
01-22-2004, 07:42 AM
That's interesting...

Skinshifter01
01-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Um...it might just be me, but I think the whole, "I'm sweating/ and breathing/ and staring/ and thinking/ and sinking deeper/ and it's almost like I'm swimming/ seems like I've been here before/ seems so familiar/ seems like I'm slipping/ into a dream within a dream..." doesn't have very much with being in a boat necissarily. Granted, he calls himself a fisherman, but he also calls himself a thinker...I'd say he's just using fisherman as a metaphor for "I'm looking into myself, and I see something kind of familiar, almost like I'm dreaming that I'm dreaming."

CCD
02-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Um...it might just be me, but I think the whole, "I'm sweating/ and breathing/ and staring/ and thinking/ and sinking deeper/ and it's almost like I'm swimming/ seems like I've been here before/ seems so familiar/ seems like I'm slipping/ into a dream within a dream..." doesn't have very much with being in a boat necissarily. Granted, he calls himself a fisherman, but he also calls himself a thinker...I'd say he's just using fisherman as a metaphor for "I'm looking into myself, and I see something kind of familiar, almost like I'm dreaming that I'm dreaming."

He seems like he's describing the beginning of some sort of drug trip, which could be seen as a metaphor for the beginning of the band, like their first gigs.

royc
02-25-2004, 05:38 AM
he may very well be tripping, id say its mushrooms because personally thats when i do my best thinking and remembering. lets break this down hunters and fishermen are from the days of old so perhaps he is trying to remember the days of old, his ancestors. so when he says he is the thinker and the fisherman he is realizes that knowledge about nature and such have come so far that you needed hunt to have meat but still he reconizes that who he is, the "thinker" is in fact the fisherman, thats where his own genes, his own nature was born from through so many generations of fishermen.

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 12:30 PM
It seems like you just explained how you live through a day.

You really have alot to say yourself, huh? And you bitch at me for not saying enough in my posts...ha.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
It seems to me that the fisherman reference could be a symbol for trying to hook onto something and bring it to you. Being the thinker and the fisherman are the things he wants to be, he is hunting for these things, he wants to hook onto them. He feels like he is swimming because there is so much around him that is trying to suck him up, swallow him whole. He needs to find who he is before he becomes nothing. But this is all just a dream within a dream.

"If nothing else kills you, breathing will."
P.S. Especially underwater while your sinking.

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Why don't we ask Edgar Allen Poe.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Once he finishes watching the weather change, perhaps it will be a storm that will swallow him whole as well. People tend to bring the people around them on their soul trips with them.

AllforUnity
03-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Well sometimes that depends...when you're reaching up and reaching out...sometimes you may find something you want to share with someone...other times, you want to keep things as a secret. Usually when we're going down we would want to take someone with us...

lt's hard to be alone.

Windir
03-11-2004, 11:17 AM
You really have alot to say yourself, huh? And you bitch at me for not saying enough in my posts...ha.

I never said you didn't say enough in your post...
D00D...

Luna Galapogos
03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Guys, I wouldn't sweat over what this song means. *Pardons le calembour*

Sorry, but I am one given to perspiration.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
I never said you didn't say enough in your post...
D00D...

Then explain that post in the recycle bin about you hating me because of it...?

Windir
03-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Then explain that post in the recycle bin about you hating me because of it...?

Thank you.