PDA

View Full Version : Spirals

EnjoyingAnApple
12-12-2003, 08:30 AM
I guess you all know that this song is about the same spirals that are in the "PI" movie. And also the Fibinacci sequence:1,1,2,3,5,8,13...and so on
but check this out. When you listen the song with your phones on, the sound twirls around you like a spiral.
When maynard goes:
1black
1than
2white are...
...the drums go round and round around your ears and then the bass comes in and twirls the same way...
I don't know if you've found that already but I haven't seen it mentioned...

Windir
12-12-2003, 08:38 AM
I noticed that to ones, I never really searched anything behind it.

regal lover
12-12-2003, 06:16 PM
I noticed that to ones, I never really searched anything behind it.

the way ive learned to experience it is to see it as the spirit being battered by the narrow minded world before spiritual awakening.look at it like this and see what happens!

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 01:30 AM
l like that.

Windir
12-13-2003, 04:53 AM
I only listen to Tool's music with my own thought behind it.

EnjoyingAnApple
12-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Great answer Windir!

Windir
12-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Thanks... I guess.

AllforUnity
12-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Which answer?

live_vibe
01-10-2004, 11:58 PM
black (1)
then (1)
white are (2)
all I see (3)
in my infancy (5)
red and yellow then came to be (8)
reaching out to me (5)
lets me see (3)
there is (2)
so (1)
much (1)
more that (2)
beckons me (3)
to look through to these (5)
infinite possiblities (8)
as below so above and beyond I imagine (13)
drawn outside the lines of reason (8)
push the envelope (5)
watch it bend (3)

It's a series of numbers where each one is the sum of the two that came before it. Lateralus is full of stuff like this. I got this off another Tool forum, and someone aranged the lyrics in the sequence. It's not the way they're written, but the way that they're sung, spiraling in and out of your headphones.
-Fin

Windir
01-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Which answer?

That I only listen to Tool's Cd's with my OWN thoughts behind it.

Which mean:
That I don't listen to Tool with others interpret of the song in mind.

See... easy.

Unhuman Elactic
01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Its pretty funny, after reading the big long speal on the correct lateralus listing, I (personaly) found that the album is better with the 6 7 5 8 4 9 13 1 12 2 11 3 10 track listing - it seems to flow better, and sounds more like the album should be, well, thats my small opinion.

But then again, everything screws up when you get to Disposition, Reflection triad etc.

eddie
02-06-2004, 03:07 PM
well now tool is very mathatical.. the song as whole its like numbers in the sum, without one of those numbers tool would not have the same sound. the drumming has strange time signatures in most the song so you guys number theory is real cool but it doesnt really explain alot about the songs meaning.... but then again who want s to now what maynard is really saying? he said him self you should take the music as it comes to you not how it comes to him then it wont make sense to you cus your not him.... if you follow.... im new so burn me if you have too

Colonel Kurtz
03-01-2004, 06:54 PM
that's incredible. lateralus has been my favorite song for a while now, and this just adds to the overall amazement that the song delivers. thanks for pointing that out...i probably never would have noticed the lyric/fibbonacci sequence alignment on my own.

Luna Galapogos
03-02-2004, 12:38 PM
hmmmm.......Beeetttttttyyyyy. That is very interesting, I think I must listen to TOOL when I get out of this god-forsaken hole.