PDA

View Full Version : shrooms

tiki_god7
12-13-2002, 01:35 PM
hey all whats up??
I was just writing in response to the guy that has never tried mushrooms but likes a pot. if you can justifiably say that you're not into drugs from smoking pot, then I don't think mushrooms are any different, they are just as natural as pot, just affect you in a different way. Whenever I'm high I get really focused and into the music and am able to feel it better. When I'm trippin on mushrooms I live in the music. The music shapes my thoughts an actions. It carries you to a totally different plain of existance that we're used to living on. The rules are totally different, its all in your mind, how you make it. If you're interested in thinking or existing outside the standards engrained in you or get a glimpse of the capabiliites of your mind, then try mushrooms. If you don't want to do it because its a drug, then quit smoking pot and quit taking perscription medicine, and pain killers, quit drinking alcohol and pop, they are all drugs, the government just tells you that they are safe and mushrooms are bad, but hey I am just one person, one idea......

flipmojo
12-13-2002, 03:11 PM
nice post.

the nail has just been hit... on the head.

kill_me
12-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Just a small reply to the pot and mushrooms being natural comment. Essentially, all drugs are natural. They all come from some sort of plant which, technically, makes them natural. I think I'd like to expand my "taking drugs while listening to tool" horizons... nothing too dangerous.. I just think that tool is one of the very few bands that can take people to alternate worlds (which I've always found they can do without drugs but whichever...)

goddamn I love tool.. heh

DRIFTING
12-18-2002, 04:34 PM
Not to knock drugs because lord knows i have done my share. And they do serve there purpose. But i think the point in all of this is that we are supposed to evolve and think without the help of outside stimuli. I get the impression that Tool is about the mind and what we can do with IT. Not what we can do using other things in addition to our minds. We can achieve the same levels of euphoria and mental stimulation (although christmas tree lights and Pinky and the Brain lose there appeal) with our natural minds without the help of foreign substances. We should not need drugs to make us think and reflect on tool. Once the high goes away our thoughts and feelings change. We should be thinking and feeling these things all day everyday.

tiki_god7
12-21-2002, 02:24 AM
I agree that we shouldn't rely on drugs to induce that state of thinking and that we should be doing it without them. That is true and I am capable of that, its just nice to have the mushrooms to take you to another place for a few hours outside of reality

flipmojo
12-21-2002, 04:40 AM
No one said they needed drugs to think or reflect on tool (or anything for that matter). It is just a different medium than sober reality.

Traveller
12-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Mushrooms, indeed many drugs can open your perceptions in ways you might never have experienced. In this way they can be a stepping stone to exploration of conciousness/life.

Sample from the table of exotic fruits and enjoy, learn.

But for me aswell as many people, there does come a point where you realize that these experiences are a glimpse of something that can be attained without the drugs. You start to feel as though you are cheating by only using the chemical channel.
Thus saying, Tool sounds fucking awesome on shrooms!