Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism (extended intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-29-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THE SHOW*****

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism (extended intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-29-2012 at 08:53 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Drumhead99
01-26-2012, 08:25 PM

Can you guys start putting the time that Tool actually takes the stage? That would be great if you could.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

Can you guys start putting the time that Tool actually takes the stage? That would be great if you could.
kanaduh
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead99 View Post
The band generally takes the stage between 9 – 9:15PM local time.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead99 View Post
The band generally takes the stage between 9 – 9:15PM local time.
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Amazing, amazing concert. Tool was in perfect form.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Amazing, amazing concert. Tool was in perfect form.
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM

"Good evening. It's so good to be here in England"..... LOL classic Maynard!!!!!

7th time seeing TOOL and Awesome show!!!!

I was 5th row dead centre Floor 2, amazing view!

Maynard wore the "postal" tee the entire show... Danny Carey wore a "London Lightning" basketball jersey, kinda cool.

I was more than happy we got Ticks & Leeches and not Sober.... Ticks was fucking amazing live.... yes we got 10 songs and no Parabola or The Pot, but hearing Ticks made up for it for me.

Best visual in my opinion was 46 & 2, just amazing!!!! Intesion was way better than I expected live..... the drummer(s) from Intronaut came out to Lateralus and played with Carey, I said drummers because was 2 of them, (not sure exactly who was who I didn't catch Intronaut open up) one just stood banging away, was pretty awesome to watch, even Justin Chancellor was enjoying it as he just sat back chuggin a beer and taking it all in.... Maynard asked after "Who Won?" fans of course cheered Carey, yet Maynard said "I doubt it...... I WON" , lol

Sound I thought was great, visuals as always amazing.... normally I watch Carey blow me away, but tonight I was just diggin how Chancellor rocked out, he was right into it, fuckin awesome!!!!

see you down in Arizona bay!

Last edited by BoNeSaW; 01-26-2012 at 10:28 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"Good evening. It's so good to be here in England"..... LOL classic Maynard!!!!!

7th time seeing TOOL and Awesome show!!!!

I was 5th row dead centre Floor 2, amazing view!

Maynard wore the "postal" tee the entire show... Danny Carey wore a "London Lightning" basketball jersey, kinda cool.

I was more than happy we got Ticks & Leeches and not Sober.... Ticks was fucking amazing live.... yes we got 10 songs and no Parabola or The Pot, but hearing Ticks made up for it for me.

Best visual in my opinion was 46 & 2, just amazing!!!! Intesion was way better than I expected live..... the drummer(s) from Intronaut came out to Lateralus and played with Carey, I said drummers because was 2 of them, (not sure exactly who was who I didn't catch Intronaut open up) one just stood banging away, was pretty awesome to watch, even Justin Chancellor was enjoying it as he just sat back chuggin a beer and taking it all in.... Maynard asked after "Who Won?" fans of course cheered Carey, yet Maynard said "I doubt it...... I WON" , lol

Sound I thought was great, visuals as always amazing.... normally I watch Carey blow me away, but tonight I was just diggin how Chancellor rocked out, he was right into it, fuckin awesome!!!!

see you down in Arizona bay!

Last edited by BoNeSaW; 01-26-2012 at 10:28 PM..
randomtoolfan
01-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Ended up getting some last minute tickets that became available today. Awesome show, enjoyed it more than Toronto last night. The sound was good, crowd was into it, and Ticks and Leeches was great live, even though it's about my least favorite song. Visuals were also much better from in front of the stage rather than the side like at the ACC
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Ended up getting some last minute tickets that became available today. Awesome show, enjoyed it more than Toronto last night. The sound was good, crowd was into it, and Ticks and Leeches was great live, even though it's about my least favorite song. Visuals were also much better from in front of the stage rather than the side like at the ACC
baraz1111
01-26-2012, 10:53 PM

I win....fuck all ya'll
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

I win....fuck all ya'll
01-27-2012, 06:08 AM

How much are shirts goin for this tour? I remember back in 09 they were $40.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

How much are shirts goin for this tour? I remember back in 09 they were $40.
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-27-2012, 06:57 AM

Last Night was $50 tee's, $80 hoodies, $30 poster ($130 signed)
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Malonewhite
01-27-2012, 07:51 AM

I have been a lurker in here for years so this morning I thought I should finally register and join the community. I haven't missed a show within 400km of me since I first sawn them on the side stage at Lollapalooza in 92.

I had row 16 side view for the toronto show and last night I sat front row center stage of the upper bowl. I always find it hard to compare, both shows were fantastic, I did appreciate hearing ticks last night though and it was nice to be able to fully take in the fantastic visuals, as always.

Anyways, I am glad to finally join the forum and see you guys at some future shows!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I have been a lurker in here for years so this morning I thought I should finally register and join the community. I haven't missed a show within 400km of me since I first sawn them on the side stage at Lollapalooza in 92.

I had row 16 side view for the toronto show and last night I sat front row center stage of the upper bowl. I always find it hard to compare, both shows were fantastic, I did appreciate hearing ticks last night though and it was nice to be able to fully take in the fantastic visuals, as always.

Anyways, I am glad to finally join the forum and see you guys at some future shows!
Downunder
01-27-2012, 08:04 AM

First of all I hold Tool in a league of there own, I have seen them many times and absolutely love them. As good as the gig was unfortunately I left disappointed this time.

I was 8 rows back dead center from the stage. There were 2 problems that I noticed. 1st the crowd was lack luster, except for Schism there never really seemed to be an electric energy that there usually is with a Tool gig. However the undoubted biggest disappointment was Maynard. While he was still amazing he was not his old self that I have seen before. Maybe age is catching up or maybe its lack of touring lately but it was not his best performance. He seemed tired and not interested to be there. He pulled of lots of notes specially in Pushit and then they cut The Pot out of the set altogether. It was evident in Aenema that his voice was gone and he promptly left the stage the second it was done.

Saying all that it was still amazing the rest of the band looked like they were having a blast specially Justin. Visuals were awesome and I still left on a high but just with a nagging feeling like maybe Maynard doesn't have many tours left in him?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all I hold Tool in a league of there own, I have seen them many times and absolutely love them. As good as the gig was unfortunately I left disappointed this time.

I was 8 rows back dead center from the stage. There were 2 problems that I noticed. 1st the crowd was lack luster, except for Schism there never really seemed to be an electric energy that there usually is with a Tool gig. However the undoubted biggest disappointment was Maynard. While he was still amazing he was not his old self that I have seen before. Maybe age is catching up or maybe its lack of touring lately but it was not his best performance. He seemed tired and not interested to be there. He pulled of lots of notes specially in Pushit and then they cut The Pot out of the set altogether. It was evident in Aenema that his voice was gone and he promptly left the stage the second it was done.

Saying all that it was still amazing the rest of the band looked like they were having a blast specially Justin. Visuals were awesome and I still left on a high but just with a nagging feeling like maybe Maynard doesn't have many tours left in him?
Undertow004
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Number 9 since 94. Tool remains my favorite band of all time even though I miss the old Maynard like everyone else. Maynard's douchiness is to be expected at this point. He's been like this for years now and everyone is disappointed every tour! Regardless, there is no band on the planet making music that can compare! And the visuals are insane now! 46and2 took the cake! Amazing! Props to Junior! And thanks to him for the set list!!!
We were first in line at John labbatt and my wife was first ticket scanned in the doors. We were lucky enough to be first to merch and got a signed drum skin! Still staring at it in aww!!!!!!! What a night !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Number 9 since 94. Tool remains my favorite band of all time even though I miss the old Maynard like everyone else. Maynard's douchiness is to be expected at this point. He's been like this for years now and everyone is disappointed every tour! Regardless, there is no band on the planet making music that can compare! And the visuals are insane now! 46and2 took the cake! Amazing! Props to Junior! And thanks to him for the set list!!!
We were first in line at John labbatt and my wife was first ticket scanned in the doors. We were lucky enough to be first to merch and got a signed drum skin! Still staring at it in aww!!!!!!! What a night !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jayde
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Compared to Torontoi, THis show has really douchey security guards.
I was on the floor and a few rows up, some kid was taking a video. He wasn't warned or anything. A big bald security guard snuck up behind him and just grabbe dhis camera away.
Also security around my section were anal about staying close to your seat and not going into the open spaces. I sw a few tipsy guys get pushed a little hard for what? For rocking at a rock show?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I was on the floor and a few rows up, some kid was taking a video. He wasn't warned or anything. A big bald security guard snuck up behind him and just grabbe dhis camera away.
Also security around my section were anal about staying close to your seat and not going into the open spaces. I sw a few tipsy guys get pushed a little hard for what? For rocking at a rock show?
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertow004 View Post
Nice...didn't know they sold those....how much $?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertow004 View Post
Third_Eye_Opiate's Avatar Third_Eye_Opiate
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM

I found that the Toronto show was a bit better! Sorry London! Ticks n Leeches was great without the tease intro into Sober! No Parabola, but figured that. Just thought the crowd in T.O was just nuts!!! There was an electric feeling in the crowd. London concert was great and everyone was awesome! ACC security was non-existent! London a little different story but not too bad..
Love Tool Always!!!!
I'm a little disappointed with Maynard... he doesn’t seem to be like himself.. He sound great and was into it but dam dude. Can we see you! I see parts of you in shadows but really! I really liked it back in early 2000's when he was up front doing he Maynard thing... Past few tours he hiding away behind Danny.. And then leaves as the crowd applause them for a great show. Maynard I love you, maybe you gotta' wine harvest to attend to or something but bro... we pay big bucks to see you $80 a show (Toronto & London) and we can’t see you...
Hope we can see you next time.. Perhaps a new album and new tour with new TOOL songs will make Maynard up front again.. Either way that my only regard.

Spiral Out
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

I found that the Toronto show was a bit better! Sorry London! Ticks n Leeches was great without the tease intro into Sober! No Parabola, but figured that. Just thought the crowd in T.O was just nuts!!! There was an electric feeling in the crowd. London concert was great and everyone was awesome! ACC security was non-existent! London a little different story but not too bad..
Love Tool Always!!!!
I'm a little disappointed with Maynard... he doesn’t seem to be like himself.. He sound great and was into it but dam dude. Can we see you! I see parts of you in shadows but really! I really liked it back in early 2000's when he was up front doing he Maynard thing... Past few tours he hiding away behind Danny.. And then leaves as the crowd applause them for a great show. Maynard I love you, maybe you gotta' wine harvest to attend to or something but bro... we pay big bucks to see you $80 a show (Toronto & London) and we can’t see you...
Hope we can see you next time.. Perhaps a new album and new tour with new TOOL songs will make Maynard up front again.. Either way that my only regard.

Spiral Out
Undertow004
01-27-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
$300 . Anyone know where I can get a custom frame for it? Will post a picture when I get to my pc!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
$300 . Anyone know where I can get a custom frame for it? Will post a picture when I get to my pc!

BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayde View Post
I mentioned this is the other thread, seen many shows at the JLC and security has always been strict there, nothing like ACC or Copps in Hamilton.... JLC you stand in an aisle you get shit, try taking a video they right on you.
All the shows I have seen that are general admission floor (the way should be with TOOL as well) never any security issues.... yet the seating area's are ridiculous.

ONE THING I did like about last nights show.... No Camera/Video. Sure I like to take a photo every now and again like everyone else, but what was great last night is that I didn't have a hundred fuckin cell phones held in the air the entire time recording and shit..... c'mon people, watch the damn show and take it all in, how you enjoy a show when your recording your crappy little phone video the entire night or worried about shooting 1000 photos? That part I did like, saw nobody on the floor taking any pics or video, I was 5th row back from stage and had great view, thanks to no cameras!

The one advantage about floor seating, i got to go take a piss real quick and not worrying about losing my spot if were GA..... and they allowed booze on the floor seating, where as if GA the JLC doesnt alllow alcohol on floor. That was the only bonus. Besides that, yeah was kinda lame crowd not really getting into it as much.... oh well, I was rocking all night, we had a great crowd of people in our floor 2 area getting right into it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I mentioned this is the other thread, seen many shows at the JLC and security has always been strict there, nothing like ACC or Copps in Hamilton.... JLC you stand in an aisle you get shit, try taking a video they right on you.
All the shows I have seen that are general admission floor (the way should be with TOOL as well) never any security issues.... yet the seating area's are ridiculous.

ONE THING I did like about last nights show.... No Camera/Video. Sure I like to take a photo every now and again like everyone else, but what was great last night is that I didn't have a hundred fuckin cell phones held in the air the entire time recording and shit..... c'mon people, watch the damn show and take it all in, how you enjoy a show when your recording your crappy little phone video the entire night or worried about shooting 1000 photos? That part I did like, saw nobody on the floor taking any pics or video, I was 5th row back from stage and had great view, thanks to no cameras!

The one advantage about floor seating, i got to go take a piss real quick and not worrying about losing my spot if were GA..... and they allowed booze on the floor seating, where as if GA the JLC doesnt alllow alcohol on floor. That was the only bonus. Besides that, yeah was kinda lame crowd not really getting into it as much.... oh well, I was rocking all night, we had a great crowd of people in our floor 2 area getting right into it.
nbourque
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeSaW View Post
Come on tool. fuckin ridiculous.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Come on tool. fuckin ridiculous.
Stradlater's Avatar Stradlater
01-27-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
No sympathy here. Everyone was warned a million times not take video.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
jayde
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradlater View Post
I hate people taking vidoes/photos the entire time, but do think a warning before having your phone taken away is necessary.
Every ticket to concerts usually says no video/cameras and everyone does it. So even if there was a warning...
DOn't know. Just seemed cruel.
Also saw a guy kicked out during the first song! Don't know what for though
Old 01-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I hate people taking vidoes/photos the entire time, but do think a warning before having your phone taken away is necessary.
Every ticket to concerts usually says no video/cameras and everyone does it. So even if there was a warning...
DOn't know. Just seemed cruel.
Also saw a guy kicked out during the first song! Don't know what for though
randomtoolfan
01-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Regarding the no cameras thing, I totally get where they're coming from after seeing the Toronto show where the rule wasn't enforced. Tool shows are so much about their visuals that I found the audience cell phone screens in front of me to be very distracting.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Regarding the no cameras thing, I totally get where they're coming from after seeing the Toronto show where the rule wasn't enforced. Tool shows are so much about their visuals that I found the audience cell phone screens in front of me to be very distracting.
I.M. Sirius
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Made the last minute decision to head down the 401 to check them out in London after seeing them in Toronto the night before. While the energy of the crowd and show itself in Toronto was amazing, the sound from where I was sitting was horrible. I was very pleasantly surprised by the tiny little venue in London. It was probably 1/3 of the size of the ACC in Toronto, so I knew the sound was going to be tight, especially from the head-on seats I had. I was definitely not disappointed by that. This was one of the best sounding Tool show's I've seen in a long time. They came out on fire and absolutely nailed the first half of their set. Ticks & Leeches was definitely worth the price of admission alone as I had never seen that song performed live before. Maynard & the band killed it. As the set went on, I definitely felt Maynard's energy wane a bit. Maybe it had something to do with the lame lackluster crowd? Compared to the crowd in Toronto, there seemed to be almost no reaction to anything the band did in London. Maybe it was because a lot of us were there the night before and were tired? Maybe London is just too conservative? Maybe there were just a bunch of non-fans in the crowd who just came downtown to check out the big rock show? Who knows?

Anyway, I am glad I went. The sound and visuals were spectacular. The drum jam was one of the best I've seen (3 drummers! Awesome!), Ticks & Leeches was amazing. I was definitely very disappointed (but not surprised) that they cut the set short, although I really wanted to hear The Pot. And Maynard disappearing the second his singing was done was pretty rude. Fuck YOU buddy! The rest of the band looked around and saw him gone. I think I saw Danny give a "wtf??" shrug. Sorry to make your life so difficult Maynard by paying a fortune to see you perform your BEST music live (as much as your heart might be in Puscifer and APC, nothing will ever touch the creative genius that is Tool... Don't forget that you would be nowhere without them and us at this point). Anyway, aside from a few negatives, this was still an amazing experience. I hope to catch more concerts in a mini-venue like this in the future.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Made the last minute decision to head down the 401 to check them out in London after seeing them in Toronto the night before. While the energy of the crowd and show itself in Toronto was amazing, the sound from where I was sitting was horrible. I was very pleasantly surprised by the tiny little venue in London. It was probably 1/3 of the size of the ACC in Toronto, so I knew the sound was going to be tight, especially from the head-on seats I had. I was definitely not disappointed by that. This was one of the best sounding Tool show's I've seen in a long time. They came out on fire and absolutely nailed the first half of their set. Ticks & Leeches was definitely worth the price of admission alone as I had never seen that song performed live before. Maynard & the band killed it. As the set went on, I definitely felt Maynard's energy wane a bit. Maybe it had something to do with the lame lackluster crowd? Compared to the crowd in Toronto, there seemed to be almost no reaction to anything the band did in London. Maybe it was because a lot of us were there the night before and were tired? Maybe London is just too conservative? Maybe there were just a bunch of non-fans in the crowd who just came downtown to check out the big rock show? Who knows?

Anyway, I am glad I went. The sound and visuals were spectacular. The drum jam was one of the best I've seen (3 drummers! Awesome!), Ticks & Leeches was amazing. I was definitely very disappointed (but not surprised) that they cut the set short, although I really wanted to hear The Pot. And Maynard disappearing the second his singing was done was pretty rude. Fuck YOU buddy! The rest of the band looked around and saw him gone. I think I saw Danny give a "wtf??" shrug. Sorry to make your life so difficult Maynard by paying a fortune to see you perform your BEST music live (as much as your heart might be in Puscifer and APC, nothing will ever touch the creative genius that is Tool... Don't forget that you would be nowhere without them and us at this point). Anyway, aside from a few negatives, this was still an amazing experience. I hope to catch more concerts in a mini-venue like this in the future.
Captnfirepants
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM

We were in 308 and 5 rows from the top. It was 3rd best of 13 shows since 1996. Sound was on point. Maynard sounded good. We had to cross the border so, was grateful for the dank sitting behind me. So. Very. Grateful.
Every song sounded just fantastic and so very happy. Haven't stopped smiling.
Here's my critique.....
Really enjoyed the visuals until the synth solo. The first part was too outer space cheesy for my tastes and that whole asteroids thing I just didn't get. Whatever. When it moved into more techno/bump....I just liked that better. The visuals at that point just seemed overdone. They are obviously trying to showcase the music/trip experience and downplay the members of the band. (except for the solos and drum beat off) And I get that Maynard is an old beat up fart after touring so long and hard. While I miss the alien dancing Maynard of yesteryear, I like the direction they are going. Never even noticed when he left.
46 & 2 was one of many peak points. My entire section sat the whole time and that was fine. Would have been nice to work some things out with some flailing around but, I'll live. haha
Kudos to Josh from Grand Rapids who didn't buy my extra ticket but, bought me a drink.
Kudos to Kanaduh for being funny and all around a good texter.
Waited 5 years to take my boyfriend to see them and now he finally gets it. Yay!

Last edited by Captnfirepants; 01-27-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

We were in 308 and 5 rows from the top. It was 3rd best of 13 shows since 1996. Sound was on point. Maynard sounded good. We had to cross the border so, was grateful for the dank sitting behind me. So. Very. Grateful.
Every song sounded just fantastic and so very happy. Haven't stopped smiling.
Here's my critique.....
Really enjoyed the visuals until the synth solo. The first part was too outer space cheesy for my tastes and that whole asteroids thing I just didn't get. Whatever. When it moved into more techno/bump....I just liked that better. The visuals at that point just seemed overdone. They are obviously trying to showcase the music/trip experience and downplay the members of the band. (except for the solos and drum beat off) And I get that Maynard is an old beat up fart after touring so long and hard. While I miss the alien dancing Maynard of yesteryear, I like the direction they are going. Never even noticed when he left.
46 & 2 was one of many peak points. My entire section sat the whole time and that was fine. Would have been nice to work some things out with some flailing around but, I'll live. haha
Kudos to Josh from Grand Rapids who didn't buy my extra ticket but, bought me a drink.
Kudos to Kanaduh for being funny and all around a good texter.
Waited 5 years to take my boyfriend to see them and now he finally gets it. Yay!

Last edited by Captnfirepants; 01-27-2012 at 04:00 PM..
merkaboy
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Sirius View Post

maynard bolting right after the closer is nothing new, he does this EVERY SINGLE SHOW. during the lateralus tour they started a tradition of a 4 way hug and thank you to the crowd after every show, but as of 2006, maynard disappears at the end leaving dan, adam and justin to thank the crowd. not really sure why it changed, it was always nice seeing the 4 embrace at the end. unity.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Sirius View Post

maynard bolting right after the closer is nothing new, he does this EVERY SINGLE SHOW. during the lateralus tour they started a tradition of a 4 way hug and thank you to the crowd after every show, but as of 2006, maynard disappears at the end leaving dan, adam and justin to thank the crowd. not really sure why it changed, it was always nice seeing the 4 embrace at the end. unity.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-28-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaboy View Post
I specifically watched Maynard when the show end, expecting him to just dart off the stage right after Aenema, however he didn't..... when the song ended he went over to Carey, they punched fists with huge smiles, Maynard then looked at the crowd doing different points in several different sections with his two fingers... then walked off... I thought was kinda cool. Ya he never came to the front of stage with other 3, but whatever....

he's Maynard... he can do what he wants, if you don't like it... remember this...

"All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dip shit, And then you bought one. I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man, If I'm the fuckin' man Then you're the fuckin' man as well So you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass."

lol
Old 01-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaboy View Post
I specifically watched Maynard when the show end, expecting him to just dart off the stage right after Aenema, however he didn't..... when the song ended he went over to Carey, they punched fists with huge smiles, Maynard then looked at the crowd doing different points in several different sections with his two fingers... then walked off... I thought was kinda cool. Ya he never came to the front of stage with other 3, but whatever....

he's Maynard... he can do what he wants, if you don't like it... remember this...

"All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dip shit, And then you bought one. I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man, If I'm the fuckin' man Then you're the fuckin' man as well So you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass."

lol
stankfist
01-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Anyone seeig more then one T0L show in 2012 is def. a hooker with a penis...golden age was pre 2000....MJK mails in every show and setlists never change, save your money for someone that cares
Old 01-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Anyone seeig more then one T0L show in 2012 is def. a hooker with a penis...golden age was pre 2000....MJK mails in every show and setlists never change, save your money for someone that cares
stankfist
01-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
stankfist
01-28-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:

lol
this thinking is what destroyed this bands legacy...98 Mansfield,MA night 1>Limestone,ME,.ozzfest night 2 Mansfield....what run touches that? Have amazing MJK pics from this show, ur quote belongs to any T00L spending their(not mommy and daddy's) $ to see more then one show a tour.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

lol
this thinking is what destroyed this bands legacy...98 Mansfield,MA night 1>Limestone,ME,.ozzfest night 2 Mansfield....what run touches that? Have amazing MJK pics from this show, ur quote belongs to any T00L spending their(not mommy and daddy's) $ to see more then one show a tour.
01-28-2012, 11:10 AM

I personally enjoyed the show immensely. Getting into MJK's pathology too much is pointless. I thought they put on a great show. (They aren't in their 20s anymore.) The visuals were great and the music was really well done. Why ask more?

MJK has never really been the spotlight hog - type... The concert was exactly what I had expected and hoped for.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
Level 2 - Poster

I personally enjoyed the show immensely. Getting into MJK's pathology too much is pointless. I thought they put on a great show. (They aren't in their 20s anymore.) The visuals were great and the music was really well done. Why ask more?

MJK has never really been the spotlight hog - type... The concert was exactly what I had expected and hoped for.
randomtoolfan
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM

I don't really get all the negativity here, bands should be allowed to change , especially over 20 years time. I think Maynard's just a little more subdued now, and it must be less interesting for him to play work he created so long ago. The issues/emotions expressed in those songs probably aren't very relevant to him anymore.

I'm not sure i'm convinced that he's disrespectful to his fans, he seems just kind of introverted to me, which I like.

If it is true that he doesn't like his fan base these days, maybe it's because they're so quick to criticize him for not remaining the same as he was in the 90s. Or perhaps since he realized that so many of his new fans from the last decade group Tool with Nu Metal and stuff. You have to admit Tool fans do have a bit of a stigma...people are always very surprised to find out that I like them since i'm not a 'typical' Tool fan in most people's eyes.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't really get all the negativity here, bands should be allowed to change , especially over 20 years time. I think Maynard's just a little more subdued now, and it must be less interesting for him to play work he created so long ago. The issues/emotions expressed in those songs probably aren't very relevant to him anymore.

I'm not sure i'm convinced that he's disrespectful to his fans, he seems just kind of introverted to me, which I like.

If it is true that he doesn't like his fan base these days, maybe it's because they're so quick to criticize him for not remaining the same as he was in the 90s. Or perhaps since he realized that so many of his new fans from the last decade group Tool with Nu Metal and stuff. You have to admit Tool fans do have a bit of a stigma...people are always very surprised to find out that I like them since i'm not a 'typical' Tool fan in most people's eyes.
amuteant
01-28-2012, 08:48 PM

Maynard was top notch vocals were crisp and clear. he killed it.
Danny was amazing just like always...especially tweaking the synth after the Lateralus break.
Justin's bass was thick and he had some amazing new riffs in the new track
Adam was amazing like always laying a perfect atmosphere of sound over the core.
Sound was exceptional and our seats were 1st row on the 2nd deck....with wood panel walls and fireplace nightlights it felt like I was seeing Tool in a small bar or living room.
Ticks and Leeches was the highlight for me...Just an amazing set all around. Glad they took some classics off the shelf.
Here is the setlist as my short term memory remembers
- Heartbeat with Blue and Purple light flashing to beat
- Hooker with a Penis
- Ions with electricity visuals
- Stinkfist
- Ticks and Leeches
- Pushit
- Schism - with cool middle part
- JAM - 5min - possible new material sounded killer and very atmospheric - no lyrics yet - sounded sick though!!! (may be in the wrong place)
- Intension
- 46 & 2
- Lateralus - with 3 person drum off (Danny, Drummer from Intronaut and guitarist from intronaut or maybe dannys drum tech)
- 5 min intermission of sound effects left over from the end of Lateralus and Danny comes out and starts to tweak it till a perfect breaking point and then stops. :)
- Aenema
This was my 17th show.....Toronto being the 16th
Tool, I thank you for all the amazing experiences!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Danny was amazing just like always...especially tweaking the synth after the Lateralus break.
Adam was amazing like always laying a perfect atmosphere of sound over the core.
Sound was exceptional and our seats were 1st row on the 2nd deck....with wood panel walls and fireplace nightlights it felt like I was seeing Tool in a small bar or living room.
Ticks and Leeches was the highlight for me...Just an amazing set all around. Glad they took some classics off the shelf.
- Hooker with a Penis
- Stinkfist
- Ticks and Leeches
- Pushit
- JAM - 5min - possible new material sounded killer and very atmospheric - no lyrics yet - sounded sick though!!! (may be in the wrong place)
- Intension
- 46 & 2
- Lateralus - with 3 person drum off (Danny, Drummer from Intronaut and guitarist from intronaut or maybe dannys drum tech)
- 5 min intermission of sound effects left over from the end of Lateralus and Danny comes out and starts to tweak it till a perfect breaking point and then stops. :)
- Aenema
01-29-2012, 12:45 PM

Pretty sure Jambi should be in there somewhere, but the list looks pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuteant View Post
- Hooker with a Penis
- Stinkfist
- Ticks and Leeches
- Pushit
- Intension
- 46 & 2
- Aenema
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
Level 2 - Poster

Pretty sure Jambi should be in there somewhere, but the list looks pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuteant View Post
- Hooker with a Penis
- Stinkfist
- Ticks and Leeches
- Pushit
- Intension
- 46 & 2
- Aenema
bluebaron
01-30-2012, 08:12 AM

Amazing. So glad to see Ticks and Leeches. I know that they don't often play that song. I heard Maynard lost his voice for some time recording it.
I love Tool. What an amazing show by Tool for Tool _FANS_. If you are not a Tool fan, then you probably didn't like it and didn't know enough of the songs.
This is my third time seeing them and I'm still kinda disappointed with the shortness of the show.
Afterwards, while talking to some of my co-workers, I mentioned that they opened with "Hooker with a Penis"; my boss says, "Oh, that's what it's called? I thought it should've been called 'Loud Noise'". That just shows you how much they played for fans.
46 & 2 was heart stopping; simply mind blowingly/fuckingly amazing.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing. So glad to see Ticks and Leeches. I know that they don't often play that song. I heard Maynard lost his voice for some time recording it.
I love Tool. What an amazing show by Tool for Tool _FANS_. If you are not a Tool fan, then you probably didn't like it and didn't know enough of the songs.
This is my third time seeing them and I'm still kinda disappointed with the shortness of the show.
Afterwards, while talking to some of my co-workers, I mentioned that they opened with "Hooker with a Penis"; my boss says, "Oh, that's what it's called? I thought it should've been called 'Loud Noise'". That just shows you how much they played for fans.
46 & 2 was heart stopping; simply mind blowingly/fuckingly amazing.
arewhyehen
02-20-2015, 07:58 AM

It's been quite awhile since this show. All this news about tool being in studio lately has got me thinking about this show. I missed out on the poster from the show and have been trying to find one since. Does anyone have a spare they could sell?
Thank you
Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

It's been quite awhile since this show. All this news about tool being in studio lately has got me thinking about this show. I missed out on the poster from the show and have been trying to find one since. Does anyone have a spare they could sell?
Thank you
arewhyehen
05-31-2017, 09:20 AM

Heading to Hamilton tonight and it's reminded me again that I missed out on the poster from the 2012 London show.

Anyone got a spare poster from London 2012 they are willing to part with? I hope not to make that same mistake tonight haha
Old 05-31-2017, 09:20 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Heading to Hamilton tonight and it's reminded me again that I missed out on the poster from the 2012 London show.

Anyone got a spare poster from London 2012 they are willing to part with? I hope not to make that same mistake tonight haha

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply