Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Nikeda-Taylor
01-27-2008, 01:04 PM

First off, i love this album!!! It's brilliant to me and mind-opening................
So, i listen to this song the first time and i'm like wow! This is amazing. The second time, i start to tremble and twitch uncontrollably. I was like," what's going on? " Basically i lost my normal mindset and just let the chaos consume me. It was at night when this " occurred" and i started to just let my by body sway to the song. Then, when it was over, i was back to normal and drifted off to intention and right in two. I wasn't on drugs when this happened..i was being my " crazy self" lol!
So, what do you think of this and have you had any crazy expieriences listening to Rosetta Stoned?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Expierience to this song..not drug related..

First off, i love this album!!! It's brilliant to me and mind-opening................
So, i listen to this song the first time and i'm like wow! This is amazing. The second time, i start to tremble and twitch uncontrollably. I was like," what's going on? " Basically i lost my normal mindset and just let the chaos consume me. It was at night when this " occurred" and i started to just let my by body sway to the song. Then, when it was over, i was back to normal and drifted off to intention and right in two. I wasn't on drugs when this happened..i was being my " crazy self" lol!
So, what do you think of this and have you had any crazy expieriences listening to Rosetta Stoned?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM

If you haven't done Mushrooms or LSD, you can't properly relate to the song.

Try again.

Sorry, just joking.

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: Expierience to this song..not drug related..

If you haven't done Mushrooms or LSD, you can't properly relate to the song.

Try again.

Sorry, just joking.

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM

I doubt hardly anyone else here has done much with the music without the help of drugs. I have a lot of respect for your experience. Can you remember any of the details? Like the onset and how you slipped into that state of mind?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

I doubt hardly anyone else here has done much with the music without the help of drugs. I have a lot of respect for your experience. Can you remember any of the details? Like the onset and how you slipped into that state of mind?
Nikeda-Taylor
04-01-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion View Post
Thanks! Yeah, i can remember some of the details of the experience..i'll explain later... >.<
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion View Post
Thanks! Yeah, i can remember some of the details of the experience..i'll explain later... >.<
04-02-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeda-Taylor View Post
What the fuck, I thought you were finally gone.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
What the fuck, I thought you were finally gone.
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM

i think a lot of has to do with dannys drumming, there is something about his rhythms that really trances you out. along side 2 other very talented musicians.

im sure with the right mindset, you could have your experience to any of the longer epic songs.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

i think a lot of has to do with dannys drumming, there is something about his rhythms that really trances you out. along side 2 other very talented musicians.

im sure with the right mindset, you could have your experience to any of the longer epic songs.
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
04-03-2008, 02:14 AM

odd, ive always found their music to put me in a similiar trancey thought process, that good electronica does.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

odd, ive always found their music to put me in a similiar trancey thought process, that good electronica does.
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
04-20-2008, 01:27 PM

That's all fine and dandy

but the right rhythms at the right time push you out of your current mold of consciousness. Very simple, and yes, it will 'trance' anyone out if they allow it. Of course, if you're telling yourself it can't happen, it won't. Pretty sure that's all you do
Old 04-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

That's all fine and dandy

but the right rhythms at the right time push you out of your current mold of consciousness. Very simple, and yes, it will 'trance' anyone out if they allow it. Of course, if you're telling yourself it can't happen, it won't. Pretty sure that's all you do
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Nikeda, take your meds and sign yourself back into the padded room. Your friends there miss you.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Nikeda, take your meds and sign yourself back into the padded room. Your friends there miss you.
04-21-2008, 11:26 AM

"It was at night when this " occurred" and i started to just let my by body sway to the song."

It's called dancing. Weird.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

"It was at night when this " occurred" and i started to just let my by body sway to the song."

04-21-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

Here's one of your intellectually mutual friends right here
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Here's one of your intellectually mutual friends right here
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM

Ahh yes, I am far less intelligent than you great Inner_Eulogy because you lack the ability to detect sarcasm in text.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Ahh yes, I am far less intelligent than you great Inner_Eulogy because you lack the ability to detect sarcasm in text.
04-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Not really, it's strictly because you're Canadian.

KUDOS to Georges St. Pierre by the way

no, I didn't know you were being sarcastic.....it's text genius, there is no tone here.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Not really, it's strictly because you're Canadian.

KUDOS to Georges St. Pierre by the way

no, I didn't know you were being sarcastic.....it's text genius, there is no tone here.
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM

That was a great fight.

I guess you are correct, but I figured what I had put was utterly stupid and whoever read it would have detected the sarcasm. I'll try and make it more obvious as I grow as a TDN poster. With your help of course Mr. Inner_Eulogy.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

That was a great fight.

I guess you are correct, but I figured what I had put was utterly stupid and whoever read it would have detected the sarcasm. I'll try and make it more obvious as I grow as a TDN poster. With your help of course Mr. Inner_Eulogy.
04-21-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
That was a great fight.

Well, it's hard to differentiate the stupid ones from the normal ones since, as you can see, people do come up with this shit somehow.

...and yeah, that fight was awesome, I was rooting for Pierre all the way. Everybody I was rooting for won Sat night, it was a good night at the UFC

...I knew Serra beating Pierre was a fluke
Old 04-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
That was a great fight.

Well, it's hard to differentiate the stupid ones from the normal ones since, as you can see, people do come up with this shit somehow.

...and yeah, that fight was awesome, I was rooting for Pierre all the way. Everybody I was rooting for won Sat night, it was a good night at the UFC

...I knew Serra beating Pierre was a fluke
04-21-2008, 03:27 PM

I've noticed the slightly bizarre people who come to post here. It seems as though mental institutions slip on a little URL to these forums and allow their patients to run rampant on the boards.

Serra is talented, although I just don't feel he is worthy of holding a title. If it wasn't for the Ultimate Fighter creating buzz around his name he would not even be considered for a title shot in the first place. St. Pierre will hold the title for a long time, I don't think there are many athletes out there who can compete with him.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

I've noticed the slightly bizarre people who come to post here. It seems as though mental institutions slip on a little URL to these forums and allow their patients to run rampant on the boards.

Serra is talented, although I just don't feel he is worthy of holding a title. If it wasn't for the Ultimate Fighter creating buzz around his name he would not even be considered for a title shot in the first place. St. Pierre will hold the title for a long time, I don't think there are many athletes out there who can compete with him.
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Agreed
Old 04-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Agreed
07-13-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
The second time I ever listened to Rosetta was the night of the leak, I loaded the songs onto my iPod and decided to listen to Rosetta as I went to bed. That first real experience of Lost Keys and Rosetta through noise isolating headphones, holy shit. I thought I could kind of see flashing lights in my dark room and felt a slight spinning sensation for a few minutes.

But....the time I got stoned to the point of paralysis and listened to Lipan/LK/RS on headphones was a much more intense listening experience.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
The second time I ever listened to Rosetta was the night of the leak, I loaded the songs onto my iPod and decided to listen to Rosetta as I went to bed. That first real experience of Lost Keys and Rosetta through noise isolating headphones, holy shit. I thought I could kind of see flashing lights in my dark room and felt a slight spinning sensation for a few minutes.

But....the time I got stoned to the point of paralysis and listened to Lipan/LK/RS on headphones was a much more intense listening experience.
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
07-28-2008, 12:19 PM

^ oooook

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

^ oooook

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Kody27
07-28-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
I will never be able to relate to all the mystic pseduo-spiritual mumbo jumbo people prattle on about in here. Its music. Great music. But it most certainly will not open up any wormholes, warp space time or allow you to "transcend" to some non exsistent state of being. The music has a trance like element so what. These supposed "spiritual moments" are self created delusions. Its rock music. Thats it. Enjoy it but stop looking so damn hard for things that are not there or even worse creating these mental placebos as euphemisms for some void you think must be filled to substantiate an exsistence that has no real meaning or purpose other than survival. We are a cosmic accident. Be happy we got lucky and enjoy the limited time you have.
You're right, the supposed "spiritual moments" are self created delusions. That's the point, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you can find a common vibration with the trance elements in Tool's music or any music then it is much more than a mental placebo created as a euphemism for some void that whatever the fuck you said when you pulled it out of your ass. If you feel like an accident, that's fine. But some people feel like there's meaning in life and in music. What if it does open up worm holes in some people? When I listen to music sometimes I feel like space and time are being warped in a way. Hours might fly by like minutes, according to my perception at the time, so what's the difference? How exactly does one transcend to a "non-existant state of being"? So the state of being is not being? You're telling people to stop looking for meaning and purpose other than survival but if we're just a cosmic accident then why are you convinced our only purpose is survival anyway?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #20
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
I will never be able to relate to all the mystic pseduo-spiritual mumbo jumbo people prattle on about in here. Its music. Great music. But it most certainly will not open up any wormholes, warp space time or allow you to "transcend" to some non exsistent state of being. The music has a trance like element so what. These supposed "spiritual moments" are self created delusions. Its rock music. Thats it. Enjoy it but stop looking so damn hard for things that are not there or even worse creating these mental placebos as euphemisms for some void you think must be filled to substantiate an exsistence that has no real meaning or purpose other than survival. We are a cosmic accident. Be happy we got lucky and enjoy the limited time you have.
You're right, the supposed "spiritual moments" are self created delusions. That's the point, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you can find a common vibration with the trance elements in Tool's music or any music then it is much more than a mental placebo created as a euphemism for some void that whatever the fuck you said when you pulled it out of your ass. If you feel like an accident, that's fine. But some people feel like there's meaning in life and in music. What if it does open up worm holes in some people? When I listen to music sometimes I feel like space and time are being warped in a way. Hours might fly by like minutes, according to my perception at the time, so what's the difference? How exactly does one transcend to a "non-existant state of being"? So the state of being is not being? You're telling people to stop looking for meaning and purpose other than survival but if we're just a cosmic accident then why are you convinced our only purpose is survival anyway?
Kody27
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Survival is the only constant. Survival in encoded in your DNA. Survival is the most powerful instinct. Everything else is derived from cultural mores, dogma, and contrived social constructs used to control conduct and behavior. Good day.
I guess since survival is the most powerful, constant thing in the world is why over a million people in the US kill themselves each year. It can't be that powerful if we're just killin ourselves off. I'm glad you've mapped out the category of "Everything-else-besides-survivalism" here with three branches, here we have dogma, cultural practices, and social constructs that control our behavior....yep that about covers it all! Good day indeed.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
On Probation

Quote:
Survival is the only constant. Survival in encoded in your DNA. Survival is the most powerful instinct. Everything else is derived from cultural mores, dogma, and contrived social constructs used to control conduct and behavior. Good day.
I guess since survival is the most powerful, constant thing in the world is why over a million people in the US kill themselves each year. It can't be that powerful if we're just killin ourselves off. I'm glad you've mapped out the category of "Everything-else-besides-survivalism" here with three branches, here we have dogma, cultural practices, and social constructs that control our behavior....yep that about covers it all! Good day indeed.
NMoB's Avatar NMoB
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM

i let my libido guide me through the day.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 35

i let my libido guide me through the day.
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM

Yes. So....

Last edited by NMoB; 07-29-2008 at 01:52 PM..
Old 07-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes. So....

Last edited by NMoB; 07-29-2008 at 01:52 PM..
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
I'd have to agree though that survival is a very strongly encoded innate necessity in human beings.

As far as suicides, mental illness and the loss of self/self worth can easily tip the scale. Love is probably the 2nd strongest feeling and losing it or it going sour can also easily tip the scale of even some of the most well grounded people.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #24
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'd have to agree though that survival is a very strongly encoded innate necessity in human beings.

As far as suicides, mental illness and the loss of self/self worth can easily tip the scale. Love is probably the 2nd strongest feeling and losing it or it going sour can also easily tip the scale of even some of the most well grounded people.
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM

I never said anything relatively close to the survival of our species being endangered by suicide, you just deciphered that one out of your own pure stupidity. All I said was survivalism can't be the most powerful thing in the universe because it's so embedded in our dna, that still doesn't stop someone from killing themselves. Which would mean that our consciousness is more powerful than our animal instincts to survival, our will to choose is more powerful than our will to live. lol kody IS a moron! DUUUUUUUH ME DUMB!1111
Old 07-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #25
On Probation

I never said anything relatively close to the survival of our species being endangered by suicide, you just deciphered that one out of your own pure stupidity. All I said was survivalism can't be the most powerful thing in the universe because it's so embedded in our dna, that still doesn't stop someone from killing themselves. Which would mean that our consciousness is more powerful than our animal instincts to survival, our will to choose is more powerful than our will to live. lol kody IS a moron! DUUUUUUUH ME DUMB!1111
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
lol kody IS a moron! DUUUUUUUH ME DUMB!1111
That ending right there really did ya' justice...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:31 AM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
lol kody IS a moron! DUUUUUUUH ME DUMB!1111
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by put_away_the_dagger View Post
haha
you're still gay
Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
haha
you're still gay
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm a losing old gay man, can I be your friend?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:26 PM   #28
On Probation

I'm a losing old gay man, can I be your friend?
Kody27
07-31-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Thanks you stupid idiot.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #29
On Probation

Quote:
Thanks you stupid idiot.
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
and your still a loser, old man
lol, riiight. That's why people get along with me and not a soul on here actually likes you.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #30
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
and your still a loser, old man
lol, riiight. That's why people get along with me and not a soul on here actually likes you.
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks you stupid idiot.
No, according to iAM, I'm a loser old man....get it right Kody, wtf?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Thanks you stupid idiot.
08-01-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Edit: Thanks you old man loser.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
On Probation

Quote:
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
dick
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #33
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
dick
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
dick
is this like jeopardy?? Is that the answer to the question "What Inner Eulogy has in his mouth or ass at all times""
Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
dick
is this like jeopardy?? Is that the answer to the question "What Inner Eulogy has in his mouth or ass at all times""
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Yes, yes this is like Jeopardy.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #35
On Probation

08-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
In that case that would leave you two as the losers that went home broke and feeling stupid
Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #36
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
In that case that would leave you two as the losers that went home broke and feeling stupid
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
i gotta lovely parting gift of the board game! Motherfuckers!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
i gotta lovely parting gift of the board game! Motherfuckers!
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM

here's the daily double bitch, this tdn member has a samurai sword collection from QVC, 23 silk dragon shirts his mom bought him, and lives her basement even though he's 30....you have 30 seconds
Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #38
On Probation

here's the daily double bitch, this tdn member has a samurai sword collection from QVC, 23 silk dragon shirts his mom bought him, and lives her basement even though he's 30....you have 30 seconds
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I'd have to agree with Rivek. I don't own any samurai swords, although they are fucking cool and far better than your little Dungeons N Dragons pewter statues or stamp collection. I don't own any silk shirts and I've bought everything I own including my 2007 Mustang GT with my OWN money. My mom lives 30min away and her basement doesn't have enough room for me even if I wanted to live there since it has a $4,000.00 pool table, 2 Pinball machines, a bar, a dart board, Stereo system and a 46" HDtv.

Yeah, it's fun to visit there too. I'm mature enough to get along with my family and hang out, unlike you're sorry ass.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #39
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'd have to agree with Rivek. I don't own any samurai swords, although they are fucking cool and far better than your little Dungeons N Dragons pewter statues or stamp collection. I don't own any silk shirts and I've bought everything I own including my 2007 Mustang GT with my OWN money. My mom lives 30min away and her basement doesn't have enough room for me even if I wanted to live there since it has a $4,000.00 pool table, 2 Pinball machines, a bar, a dart board, Stereo system and a 46" HDtv.

Yeah, it's fun to visit there too. I'm mature enough to get along with my family and hang out, unlike you're sorry ass.
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
My dad and I have been trying to set up a gameroom like that in my parents' house for a while now... but every time we get together we end up just hanging out instead of working on it. lol.
You should get it done, it'll give ya' more to do while you sit around drinking beer and shootin' the shit.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #40
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
My dad and I have been trying to set up a gameroom like that in my parents' house for a while now... but every time we get together we end up just hanging out instead of working on it. lol.
You should get it done, it'll give ya' more to do while you sit around drinking beer and shootin' the shit.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply