Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
10-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Wut is the piece of knowledge they are referring to that we will never know?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656
We dont know, we wont know.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Tool_Is_Sick
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post
With someone of your intelligence and as many posts as you do...that is a stupid question.

The man was tripping and he was abducted by aliens, which had important information about the ending of the human race. He forgot his pen so he couldnt write it down. We dont know, we wont know the details of our ending. DUH!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10
Re: We dont know, we wont know.

Quote:
With someone of your intelligence and as many posts as you do...that is a stupid question.

The man was tripping and he was abducted by aliens, which had important information about the ending of the human race. He forgot his pen so he couldnt write it down. We dont know, we wont know the details of our ending. DUH!
endless_nameless's Avatar endless_nameless
10-31-2007, 12:27 AM

What I don't understand about this song is if the dude is so upset about not remembering what ET told him the first time, why doesn't he just smoke more DMT?

And this time remember to have a goddamn pen handy for the comedown.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
Deus absconditus

Bincount™: 13

What I don't understand about this song is if the dude is so upset about not remembering what ET told him the first time, why doesn't he just smoke more DMT?

And this time remember to have a goddamn pen handy for the comedown.
10-31-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
thanks, i think

and i know wut i think, i just wanna know wut others think. i would agree with you tho if i were taking the song for face value.

im still pulling together my my ideas, for a little more in depth analyzation.

i know its a little different with 10kdays but there really is no right answer. try not to come of so arrogant my friend.

Last edited by slamminsalmon; 10-31-2007 at 03:22 AM..
Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
homer jay

Quote:
thanks, i think

and i know wut i think, i just wanna know wut others think. i would agree with you tho if i were taking the song for face value.

im still pulling together my my ideas, for a little more in depth analyzation.

i know its a little different with 10kdays but there really is no right answer. try not to come of so arrogant my friend.

Last edited by slamminsalmon; 10-31-2007 at 03:22 AM..
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
10-31-2007, 05:29 AM

I think that the reference to the "pen" may possibly be a metaphorical one. He forgot his pen, kind of like he forgot his wits or what was important. I think by now most people may finally agree that the song is not pro drugs and is more of a mockery of the people that take them without any frame of reference in order to gain anything out of it. You know, the "I'm trippin balls dude" crowd. Don't get me wrong, I was that dude when I was a teenager experimenting with them but deep down I've also always been more in tune with myself then others seemed to be, I was always more caring about others. You may not know it because I've grown to be somewhat of an antagonist at times or even down right condescending. Anyways, my point being...he's saying don't just get all fucked up just to be fucked up, gain something out of the experience that you can learn from and keep with you the rest of your life. Forgetting your pen may simply mean forgetting that point. If you had used your head (remembered your pen) you wouldn't be in this mess.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I think that the reference to the "pen" may possibly be a metaphorical one. He forgot his pen, kind of like he forgot his wits or what was important. I think by now most people may finally agree that the song is not pro drugs and is more of a mockery of the people that take them without any frame of reference in order to gain anything out of it. You know, the "I'm trippin balls dude" crowd. Don't get me wrong, I was that dude when I was a teenager experimenting with them but deep down I've also always been more in tune with myself then others seemed to be, I was always more caring about others. You may not know it because I've grown to be somewhat of an antagonist at times or even down right condescending. Anyways, my point being...he's saying don't just get all fucked up just to be fucked up, gain something out of the experience that you can learn from and keep with you the rest of your life. Forgetting your pen may simply mean forgetting that point. If you had used your head (remembered your pen) you wouldn't be in this mess.
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM

SlamminSalmon, I wasnt trying to be arrogant I just thought it was a dumb question on your part. IF you knew the meaning...Why didnt you say you did and that you wanted to look at the song on a deeper level and not just FACE VALUE...The orignial question made it seem like you were still in the dark about it. Next time say what you mean.

Again, Im not trying to be arrogant by any means..Im just speaking how I feel on the topic thats all. Sorry if I come across as being an asshole.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

SlamminSalmon, I wasnt trying to be arrogant I just thought it was a dumb question on your part. IF you knew the meaning...Why didnt you say you did and that you wanted to look at the song on a deeper level and not just FACE VALUE...The orignial question made it seem like you were still in the dark about it. Next time say what you mean.

Again, Im not trying to be arrogant by any means..Im just speaking how I feel on the topic thats all. Sorry if I come across as being an asshole.
Tool_Is_Sick
10-31-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
...try to get were you where in the next 10 years without drugs. By the way, Inner I like your view on this topic.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
...try to get were you where in the next 10 years without drugs. By the way, Inner I like your view on this topic.
10-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:

well you did, and still are.

im forming my own thoughts on the song. like i already said.

in my opinion ive found that almost every tool song has a life lesson in it. i hardly believe the lesson in rosetta stoned is to not forget your pen next time you are abducted.

also wut about the drug references? you left them all out of your face value synopsis.

Last edited by slamminsalmon; 10-31-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Old 10-31-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
homer jay

Quote:

in my opinion ive found that almost every tool song has a life lesson in it. i hardly believe the lesson in rosetta stoned is to not forget your pen next time you are abducted.

also wut about the drug references? you left them all out of your face value synopsis.

Last edited by slamminsalmon; 10-31-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Tool_Is_Sick
10-31-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:

I am waiting for the man that is FORMING his thoughts so I can learn from him because im still in the FIVE grade.

Buddy, I have my OWN thoughts about the song but its not formed yet, Im still learning from this guy SlamminSalmon. Im waiting to see his so I can steal his material and call it my own. Im a leech...I tell ya...A LEECH!

Its WHAT not WUT Omg learn how to spell. WTU si ronwg iwth oyu?! Good Dayy!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I am waiting for the man that is FORMING his thoughts so I can learn from him because im still in the FIVE grade.

Buddy, I have my OWN thoughts about the song but its not formed yet, Im still learning from this guy SlamminSalmon. Im waiting to see his so I can steal his material and call it my own. Im a leech...I tell ya...A LEECH!

Its WHAT not WUT Omg learn how to spell. WTU si ronwg iwth oyu?! Good Dayy!
11-01-2007, 02:53 AM

lol are you done with your tantrum?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 AM   #10
homer jay

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
11-01-2007, 09:18 AM

I wanna slam a salmon
Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #11
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I wanna slam a salmon
11-01-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I wanna slam a salmon
giggidy.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
I wanna slam a salmon
giggidy.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Tool_Is_Sick
11-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah Im sorry sweetcheeks..Forgive me.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous