Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus (With Big Business Drummer)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-12-2007 at 08:21 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-12-2007 at 08:21 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Emericana's Avatar Emericana
07-12-2007, 08:14 PM

SETLIST

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Vicarious

IMHO BEST SETLIST OF THE TOUR. BEST SET SINCE THEY STARTED PLAYING AGAIN!

Amazing show to say the least. no problems. i went out of my head when they started playing pushit. AMAZING version of lateralus. flood... holy shit out of this fucking world!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

SETLIST

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Vicarious

IMHO BEST SETLIST OF THE TOUR. BEST SET SINCE THEY STARTED PLAYING AGAIN!

Amazing show to say the least. no problems. i went out of my head when they started playing pushit. AMAZING version of lateralus. flood... holy shit out of this fucking world!
OFFLINE |  
SpasticTool
07-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Umm..WOW

Above setlist's correct. My 2nd tool show and was way more than I hoped for. I was hoping to hear Flood this show but when I heard the Pushit intro I thought, Oh well no flood but they've only played this a few times this tour so this is awesome, and yea it was. Then right after that, I heard the opening notes to Flood and couldn't even believe it. SOO good. Never expected to see / hear that. Such a great show and hope to see them again whenever they get a chance to come back.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Umm..WOW

Above setlist's correct. My 2nd tool show and was way more than I hoped for. I was hoping to hear Flood this show but when I heard the Pushit intro I thought, Oh well no flood but they've only played this a few times this tour so this is awesome, and yea it was. Then right after that, I heard the opening notes to Flood and couldn't even believe it. SOO good. Never expected to see / hear that. Such a great show and hope to see them again whenever they get a chance to come back.
OFFLINE |  
kev1nm
07-12-2007, 09:25 PM

great show. pushit was a surprise.

maynard said he'd see us soon, so maybe we should be expecting them to come back around here in the fall.

note: i was in section 8, row r, and most people just seemed to standing around. well, at least they were standing, i guess...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

maynard said he'd see us soon, so maybe we should be expecting them to come back around here in the fall.

note: i was in section 8, row r, and most people just seemed to standing around. well, at least they were standing, i guess...
OFFLINE |  
10,000 Light Reflections's Avatar 10,000 Light Reflections
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM

holy fuck

6th tool show, best ive seen since tsongas in 02

rosetta stoned
pushit
flood

they were spot on tonight. seemed like they jammed out alot. every song stood out in its own points.

deffinitly the best set list of the tour aside from bonaroo, i cant wait to see them on saturday in albany.

sleep asap, pics tomorrow
Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

holy fuck

rosetta stoned
pushit
flood

they were spot on tonight. seemed like they jammed out alot. every song stood out in its own points.

deffinitly the best set list of the tour aside from bonaroo, i cant wait to see them on saturday in albany.

OFFLINE |  
fallenxruby
07-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections View Post
holy fuck

rosetta stoned
pushit
flood

i think it was better than bonnaroo, to be completely honest. they loved us more. we were more their people. not just some hippies. this was my sixth tool show and by far the best show i've ever been to in my life. PUSHIT melted my soul.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections View Post
holy fuck

rosetta stoned
pushit
flood

i think it was better than bonnaroo, to be completely honest. they loved us more. we were more their people. not just some hippies. this was my sixth tool show and by far the best show i've ever been to in my life. PUSHIT melted my soul.
OFFLINE |  
benpedro
07-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious

This was my 12th TOOL show and easily the best. I saw them first on Lollapalooza '93 and every tour since then. This time was unbelievable... amazing. Was hoping for The Pot but to get PuShit and Flood was unreal. Sound was really good (I was in 10th row, Danny and Justin's side of the stage). Drum solo in Lateralus was great.

Maynard also said "We'll be back real soon", which was great to hear, unless he's speaking in geologic time. Can't wait to see them again.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
PUSHIT
FLOOD
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious

This was my 12th TOOL show and easily the best. I saw them first on Lollapalooza '93 and every tour since then. This time was unbelievable... amazing. Was hoping for The Pot but to get PuShit and Flood was unreal. Sound was really good (I was in 10th row, Danny and Justin's side of the stage). Drum solo in Lateralus was great.

Maynard also said "We'll be back real soon", which was great to hear, unless he's speaking in geologic time. Can't wait to see them again.
07-12-2007, 09:56 PM

14th row. DEAD center.

Um...wow.

When they playetd Intension, I thought Oh Cool, Right in Two, I've wanted to hear that. Then Pushit started and I almost fell over. I was not expecting it at all.

Then when Flood started, I seriously had to turn to my brother (his 1st show) and tell him that this has NEVER happened on this tour.

That concert was un goddamned believable.

The drum off in Lateralus was mind blowing, but the breakdown in Pushit left me a quivering mess...I didn't know who to watch.

Amazing. I just can't believe how good that show was.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

14th row. DEAD center.

Um...wow.

When they playetd Intension, I thought Oh Cool, Right in Two, I've wanted to hear that. Then Pushit started and I almost fell over. I was not expecting it at all.

Then when Flood started, I seriously had to turn to my brother (his 1st show) and tell him that this has NEVER happened on this tour.

That concert was un goddamned believable.

The drum off in Lateralus was mind blowing, but the breakdown in Pushit left me a quivering mess...I didn't know who to watch.

Amazing. I just can't believe how good that show was.
OFFLINE |  
BrianBeast
07-12-2007, 09:57 PM

YAR

Last edited by BrianBeast; 07-13-2007 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

YAR

Last edited by BrianBeast; 07-13-2007 at 12:49 PM..
OFFLINE |  
jdp's Avatar jdp
07-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Wow, this is my 3rd time seeing them in 3 weeks and this was easily the best setlist.

I can now die a happy man after hearing pushit live. Following it up with Flood was unbelievable.

Only crappy part was the car pile up in the parking lot. Had to wait 2 hours before cars started to move.

All in all, excellent show. Best Tool show i've seen since 2001.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #10
jdp
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Wow, this is my 3rd time seeing them in 3 weeks and this was easily the best setlist.

I can now die a happy man after hearing pushit live. Following it up with Flood was unbelievable.

Only crappy part was the car pile up in the parking lot. Had to wait 2 hours before cars started to move.

All in all, excellent show. Best Tool show i've seen since 2001.
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM

So I was standing there after Rosetta Stoned, waiting for Right in Two, all bummed out that (by my figuring) we weren't going to get Flood. And then...
Jesus, I can't even describe how euphoric it felt to hear that opening riff, after several years of imagining; wishing that they would play it for me. And then when they were done, and I heard the first chord of Flood...
No Fucking Way.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 326

So I was standing there after Rosetta Stoned, waiting for Right in Two, all bummed out that (by my figuring) we weren't going to get Flood. And then...
Jesus, I can't even describe how euphoric it felt to hear that opening riff, after several years of imagining; wishing that they would play it for me. And then when they were done, and I heard the first chord of Flood...
No Fucking Way.
OFFLINE |  
recon_boy
07-12-2007, 10:23 PM

show was unreal. section 3, 6th row. the band was on fire from the get-go. Danny Carey blew us away.
set list was awesome.

venue sucks getting to and leaving. incompetence doesn't even begin to describe it.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

show was unreal. section 3, 6th row. the band was on fire from the get-go. Danny Carey blew us away.
set list was awesome.

venue sucks getting to and leaving. incompetence doesn't even begin to describe it.
OFFLINE |  
Setve's Avatar Setve
07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

i was freaking out when they played pushit. i told my friends that we probably got that instead of flood. and then, well, you know. we were in the very last row of section 14, right in front of the lawn. the sound was a little low for jambi and stinkfist but that was fixed. Lateralus was amazing with the drum break down (i was in the very last row like i said, tough to see, and when my friend told me he thought it was a second drum kit that was being set up, the first thing that popped into my head was triad with haake, but i figured 'no way.')

amazing show, i only regret beign the last row in the house (i was late buying tickets). also, a huge fight broke out on th lawn during the lateralus bonanza. after flood i turned to my friend and said "we pretty much just pwned everyone on this tour." so far, atleast.

maynard: "i know you're drunk, but try to resist the urge to fuck a relative."

Last edited by Setve; 07-12-2007 at 10:33 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712

i was freaking out when they played pushit. i told my friends that we probably got that instead of flood. and then, well, you know. we were in the very last row of section 14, right in front of the lawn. the sound was a little low for jambi and stinkfist but that was fixed. Lateralus was amazing with the drum break down (i was in the very last row like i said, tough to see, and when my friend told me he thought it was a second drum kit that was being set up, the first thing that popped into my head was triad with haake, but i figured 'no way.')

amazing show, i only regret beign the last row in the house (i was late buying tickets). also, a huge fight broke out on th lawn during the lateralus bonanza. after flood i turned to my friend and said "we pretty much just pwned everyone on this tour." so far, atleast.

maynard: "i know you're drunk, but try to resist the urge to fuck a relative."

Last edited by Setve; 07-12-2007 at 10:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
tsully87
07-12-2007, 10:39 PM

I was in Section 3 14th row, on the left wall.

My seats were about 15 feet from the left stack and when Big Business played all I could hear was the bass from the bass drum coming from the subs on the floor. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear all the instruments. However, Tool's sound was mixed much better or something, so the sound was great.

Maynard came on in an orange sweatshirt, just like last year. I guess he expects Boston to be cold.

They played the non-extended Stinkfist, and then didn't play The Pot, so I figured they must have something in store for us. 46&2, Schism, Rosetta Stoned came and went as expected. The drum solo in 46&2 and the extended bridge in Schism were done perfectly.

Then they started playing some synthesizers, sorta sounded like Intension. My friend and I were arguing about whether they were going to play Right in Two or Flood. Then.... they play opening riff to Pushit and everybody is happy. It was an amazing surprise; I thought they were done with it since they havn't played it in over a month. After Pushit, Adam and Justin walked over to Danny, apparently to make sure they knew what was next. Then they walked back and starting playing Flood, which was also unbelievable.

Next they took a break and everyone held up their lighters. It's always awesome to see the whole place filled up with little flames. During the break they dropped the three circular lights from the ceiling and brought out the BB drummer's kit, so I was worried they were going to skip Wings/10kdays.

But, there was no reason to be worried; they played Wings/10kdays, which is much more powerful in concert than on the album. Lateralus was amazing, with an extended bridge including a call-and-answer drum duet between Danny and the BB drummer, during which Justin kept a bass note going with one hand while drinking 3 beers in a few minutes with the other. They ended with Vicarious.

The band was really into it tonight. Justin moved with very note, you could see the concentration in Danny's face, Maynard was very Maynard-esque, with dance moves that only he could pull off. Best Tool show I've heard.

Cya tomorrow on the floor in Portland,
~Sully
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

I was in Section 3 14th row, on the left wall.

My seats were about 15 feet from the left stack and when Big Business played all I could hear was the bass from the bass drum coming from the subs on the floor. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear all the instruments. However, Tool's sound was mixed much better or something, so the sound was great.

Maynard came on in an orange sweatshirt, just like last year. I guess he expects Boston to be cold.

They played the non-extended Stinkfist, and then didn't play The Pot, so I figured they must have something in store for us. 46&2, Schism, Rosetta Stoned came and went as expected. The drum solo in 46&2 and the extended bridge in Schism were done perfectly.

Then they started playing some synthesizers, sorta sounded like Intension. My friend and I were arguing about whether they were going to play Right in Two or Flood. Then.... they play opening riff to Pushit and everybody is happy. It was an amazing surprise; I thought they were done with it since they havn't played it in over a month. After Pushit, Adam and Justin walked over to Danny, apparently to make sure they knew what was next. Then they walked back and starting playing Flood, which was also unbelievable.

Next they took a break and everyone held up their lighters. It's always awesome to see the whole place filled up with little flames. During the break they dropped the three circular lights from the ceiling and brought out the BB drummer's kit, so I was worried they were going to skip Wings/10kdays.

But, there was no reason to be worried; they played Wings/10kdays, which is much more powerful in concert than on the album. Lateralus was amazing, with an extended bridge including a call-and-answer drum duet between Danny and the BB drummer, during which Justin kept a bass note going with one hand while drinking 3 beers in a few minutes with the other. They ended with Vicarious.

The band was really into it tonight. Justin moved with very note, you could see the concentration in Danny's face, Maynard was very Maynard-esque, with dance moves that only he could pull off. Best Tool show I've heard.

Cya tomorrow on the floor in Portland,
~Sully
OFFLINE |  
Dharma Bear's Avatar Dharma Bear
07-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Once they played Pushit AND Flood, I didn't think the night could get any better. But then Justin drank four beers during the Lateralus drum solo, playing the bass at the same time. Thats just good o'l ass kickery right there.

Fantastic show. Im glad I decided to go.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

Once they played Pushit AND Flood, I didn't think the night could get any better. But then Justin drank four beers during the Lateralus drum solo, playing the bass at the same time. Thats just good o'l ass kickery right there.

Fantastic show. Im glad I decided to go.
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM

I've always hated reading posts and seeing the person who just disagrees with every post, and I'm sorry to say - I am that person.

There are some people who go to see Tool because "it is the cool thing to do" while others go because they enjoy "some songs" or "a good time." I would place myself into the category of "Complete Obsession." I've become so familiar with the songs, that I think I notice when there are fuck ups.

I'm not too crazy about seeing them in outdoor venues. I believe this tour was meant for indoor stadiums. The sound seemed to get better in my eyes as the show went on.

-I thought sound-wise, Jambi was terrible (Stinkfist, in my opinion, an insane opener), but it's an incredible song.

-Stinkfist is probably one of the top live songs. No extended version, but I swear the lyrics for "I'll keep digging till I feel something" were changing (the "digging" specifically).

(*side note* My girlfriend, buddy, and I moved across about 10 seats [From Section 4 Row W seats 1/2/3 to possibly 7/8/9?] to see if we could see more of the stage. In front of our "new" seats were these 3 slightly extra-baggage girls, one who seemed to have a "clothing optional" attitude, and they were dancing like Akon was on stage. They were loud, obnoxious, and did no justice in minimizing my hate of the gender. The hands were flailing about and they had these whiny singing voices (fully equipped with "whooooooo!!!! everytime Maynard stopped singing) like they were trying to sing after finding out that Kanye West's new album got pushed back. To those girls (who probably will never read this): I hope you choke).

We moved back after
-46&2 went pretty well. I do believe Danny got lost at the beginning of the drum solo. The guitar felt like it was fading out, or adam was cutting every note he hit.

-I'm a little tired of hearing schism.

-Rosetta Stoned was a complete mess. As I said, it's impossible for me to come into this forum, absolutely loving this band, without being able to admit that everything they do is not HOLY SHIT material. The band got lost many times on this. Maynard doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to sing so that "Holy fuckin shit" "pissed my fuckin pants" or "graudate from fuckin high school" ever come in at the right point. Justin seemed fine, but to be honest (for this song anyways) I wasn't watching him all that much. Not too impressive.

-I was praying to Christ that they would not play Flood tonight, and also praying for Right In Two. When Pushit started, I decided it was a fair trade. There were a couple of messups here on Adam's behalf, and I feel as though Maynard came in way too early for a couple of parts (as well as forgetting the 2nd line of the song). Then Flood started and I tried as hard as I could to get into the song, honestly, but I just couldn't.

-The lighter interlude is beautiful.

-Wings for Marie/10,000 Days is such an incredible song, and is brilliantly put together. I'm ashamed more at the crowd for this then the band, granted, I still had that feeling of Maynard coming in way too early at parts. Adam and Danny lost it a little here too. By the quiet part ("Daylight dims...") I realized if you listened, you could tell that the volume of the crowd's conversations with one another were almost as loud as before Tool went on. I would like to embarrassingly apologize to Maynard, Justin, Adam, and Danny for the crowd clapping after this song was over. Most were clapping because it is protocol. My clapping was for the brilliance of the song.

-Lateralus went very well, with the exception of the effect put on Lateralus for the first repitition of the beginning riff, it made it sound like Adam was playing a 12-string. They got through this song fine (Maynard forgot the "There is so much more that" part of the second verse. I was completely blown away by the Drum Off between Cody and Danny. I was pissed at first for the interruption of a beautiful song, but I ended up pissed that there wasn't more. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't shown up later than planned and missed Big Business.

-Vicarious was flawless. I'm almost positive we got the final "Vicariously I..." chorus. I'm only 100% that he did the "Much better you than I."

Overall I felt that they might not have been as ready as they thought they were for this. And to the Tweeter Center, you people check tickets way too much. The only maynardism of the night was to "Drive home safely, I know you're all drunk you drunk bastards. Try not to fuck any relatives," but sorry to say - I did not heed his advice.

..D.O.N.T...T.H.E.S.E...T.A.L.K.I.N.G...M.O.N.K.E. Y.S...K.N.O.W...T.H.A.T...E.D.E.N...H.A.S...E.N.O. U.G.H...T.O...G.O...A.R.O.U.N.D.?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

I've always hated reading posts and seeing the person who just disagrees with every post, and I'm sorry to say - I am that person.

There are some people who go to see Tool because "it is the cool thing to do" while others go because they enjoy "some songs" or "a good time." I would place myself into the category of "Complete Obsession." I've become so familiar with the songs, that I think I notice when there are fuck ups.

I'm not too crazy about seeing them in outdoor venues. I believe this tour was meant for indoor stadiums. The sound seemed to get better in my eyes as the show went on.

-I thought sound-wise, Jambi was terrible (Stinkfist, in my opinion, an insane opener), but it's an incredible song.

-Stinkfist is probably one of the top live songs. No extended version, but I swear the lyrics for "I'll keep digging till I feel something" were changing (the "digging" specifically).

(*side note* My girlfriend, buddy, and I moved across about 10 seats [From Section 4 Row W seats 1/2/3 to possibly 7/8/9?] to see if we could see more of the stage. In front of our "new" seats were these 3 slightly extra-baggage girls, one who seemed to have a "clothing optional" attitude, and they were dancing like Akon was on stage. They were loud, obnoxious, and did no justice in minimizing my hate of the gender. The hands were flailing about and they had these whiny singing voices (fully equipped with "whooooooo!!!! everytime Maynard stopped singing) like they were trying to sing after finding out that Kanye West's new album got pushed back. To those girls (who probably will never read this): I hope you choke).

We moved back after
-46&2 went pretty well. I do believe Danny got lost at the beginning of the drum solo. The guitar felt like it was fading out, or adam was cutting every note he hit.

-I'm a little tired of hearing schism.

-Rosetta Stoned was a complete mess. As I said, it's impossible for me to come into this forum, absolutely loving this band, without being able to admit that everything they do is not HOLY SHIT material. The band got lost many times on this. Maynard doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to sing so that "Holy fuckin shit" "pissed my fuckin pants" or "graudate from fuckin high school" ever come in at the right point. Justin seemed fine, but to be honest (for this song anyways) I wasn't watching him all that much. Not too impressive.

-I was praying to Christ that they would not play Flood tonight, and also praying for Right In Two. When Pushit started, I decided it was a fair trade. There were a couple of messups here on Adam's behalf, and I feel as though Maynard came in way too early for a couple of parts (as well as forgetting the 2nd line of the song). Then Flood started and I tried as hard as I could to get into the song, honestly, but I just couldn't.

-The lighter interlude is beautiful.

-Wings for Marie/10,000 Days is such an incredible song, and is brilliantly put together. I'm ashamed more at the crowd for this then the band, granted, I still had that feeling of Maynard coming in way too early at parts. Adam and Danny lost it a little here too. By the quiet part ("Daylight dims...") I realized if you listened, you could tell that the volume of the crowd's conversations with one another were almost as loud as before Tool went on. I would like to embarrassingly apologize to Maynard, Justin, Adam, and Danny for the crowd clapping after this song was over. Most were clapping because it is protocol. My clapping was for the brilliance of the song.

-Lateralus went very well, with the exception of the effect put on Lateralus for the first repitition of the beginning riff, it made it sound like Adam was playing a 12-string. They got through this song fine (Maynard forgot the "There is so much more that" part of the second verse. I was completely blown away by the Drum Off between Cody and Danny. I was pissed at first for the interruption of a beautiful song, but I ended up pissed that there wasn't more. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't shown up later than planned and missed Big Business.

-Vicarious was flawless. I'm almost positive we got the final "Vicariously I..." chorus. I'm only 100% that he did the "Much better you than I."

Overall I felt that they might not have been as ready as they thought they were for this. And to the Tweeter Center, you people check tickets way too much. The only maynardism of the night was to "Drive home safely, I know you're all drunk you drunk bastards. Try not to fuck any relatives," but sorry to say - I did not heed his advice.

..D.O.N.T...T.H.E.S.E...T.A.L.K.I.N.G...M.O.N.K.E. Y.S...K.N.O.W...T.H.A.T...E.D.E.N...H.A.S...E.N.O. U.G.H...T.O...G.O...A.R.O.U.N.D.?
OFFLINE |  
weathermantom
07-12-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddie View Post

Yeah, he just sang the first verse twice. Oh well.

Nah, he held the mic out to the audience during Vicariously I, and Yeah; did sing the last line.

Oh, and I would just like to thank them all for putting the Salival Pushit bassline into the Aenima version -- that flat bassline near the end of the studio version was probably my only issue with it, and now it's perfect.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddie View Post

Yeah, he just sang the first verse twice. Oh well.

Nah, he held the mic out to the audience during Vicariously I, and Yeah; did sing the last line.

Oh, and I would just like to thank them all for putting the Salival Pushit bassline into the Aenima version -- that flat bassline near the end of the studio version was probably my only issue with it, and now it's perfect.
OFFLINE |  
bigchiefbc
07-13-2007, 03:52 AM

So .... yeah ....

Great show, my 4th. I was section 1, row M, so I was in Justin-land all night. I brought along 3 friends who weren't all that familiar with Tool, other than the singles. They were all blown away, particularly by Justin and Danny, who seemed to be locked-in pretty much the whole night; altough I will agree with the previous poster who said that at various points Adam and Maynard seemed to come in and out of sync with the rest of the band. Still, awesome all around. By the way, to everyone who waited two hours to get out, spend the damn 35 bucks for the VIP parking. We got into our car at 11:00 and drove immediately out onto the main road, and was on 495 by 11:10. I can't envision any reason to ever park in general parking again.

To me, the highlights were:

Pushit!!!!!!! HOLY @(*$&*($ that ruled my world, the quiet middle section was spine-tingling, and the last two minutes I almost passed out.

Flood - I was so pumped to hear this song, its my favorite song on Undertow, and I didn't think we were gonna get it since they played Pushit

Wings/10,000 Days - an experience. This song gets better every time I hear it.

Lateralus - the drum off was fantasic, but the end is still my favorite -part- of any Tool song.

lowlights (kinda):

Jambi - The mix was definitely off for this song, but they fixed it by the next one

Stinkfist - No extension? Damn it, I love the extended version

Rosetta Stoned - I definitely heard screw-ups on Adam's and Maynard's part, but Justin and Danny were spot-on

Vicarious was awesome, but Lateralus should be last. After the climax of Lateralus, ANYthing else would be anti-climactic
Old 07-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

So .... yeah ....

Great show, my 4th. I was section 1, row M, so I was in Justin-land all night. I brought along 3 friends who weren't all that familiar with Tool, other than the singles. They were all blown away, particularly by Justin and Danny, who seemed to be locked-in pretty much the whole night; altough I will agree with the previous poster who said that at various points Adam and Maynard seemed to come in and out of sync with the rest of the band. Still, awesome all around. By the way, to everyone who waited two hours to get out, spend the damn 35 bucks for the VIP parking. We got into our car at 11:00 and drove immediately out onto the main road, and was on 495 by 11:10. I can't envision any reason to ever park in general parking again.

To me, the highlights were:

Pushit!!!!!!! HOLY @(*$&*($ that ruled my world, the quiet middle section was spine-tingling, and the last two minutes I almost passed out.

Flood - I was so pumped to hear this song, its my favorite song on Undertow, and I didn't think we were gonna get it since they played Pushit

Wings/10,000 Days - an experience. This song gets better every time I hear it.

Lateralus - the drum off was fantasic, but the end is still my favorite -part- of any Tool song.

lowlights (kinda):

Jambi - The mix was definitely off for this song, but they fixed it by the next one

Stinkfist - No extension? Damn it, I love the extended version

Rosetta Stoned - I definitely heard screw-ups on Adam's and Maynard's part, but Justin and Danny were spot-on

Vicarious was awesome, but Lateralus should be last. After the climax of Lateralus, ANYthing else would be anti-climactic
OFFLINE |  
jaw knee's Avatar jaw knee
07-13-2007, 04:28 AM

Yea, during the "drum off" in Lateralus, Justin was just holding down that 1-2-3-4 open bass pattern while chuggin brews. I loved the three eyes that descended then ascended while they were setting the second kit up.

Did anyone fall into a trance to that clicking/beeping noise they had repeating in the background during the setup?

10,000 Days was fucking amazing, the climax: "Overwhelmed as one would be...", made my stomache drop.

Pushit...it put a smile from ear to ear on me to hear that, honestly.

Wish I could do that night over and over again.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Yea, during the "drum off" in Lateralus, Justin was just holding down that 1-2-3-4 open bass pattern while chuggin brews. I loved the three eyes that descended then ascended while they were setting the second kit up.

Did anyone fall into a trance to that clicking/beeping noise they had repeating in the background during the setup?

10,000 Days was fucking amazing, the climax: "Overwhelmed as one would be...", made my stomache drop.

Pushit...it put a smile from ear to ear on me to hear that, honestly.

Wish I could do that night over and over again.
07-13-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev1nm View Post

i was in section 8 row BB. the mix was awesome. Though it was my first tool show, it will probably be the best. Though I am also going to the one in ME tonight, so we'll have to see.

vic1torious
Old 07-13-2007, 05:21 AM   #20

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev1nm View Post

i was in section 8 row BB. the mix was awesome. Though it was my first tool show, it will probably be the best. Though I am also going to the one in ME tonight, so we'll have to see.

vic1torious
OFFLINE |  
toolgrl919's Avatar toolgrl919
07-13-2007, 05:32 AM

A-MAZ-ING!!!!
I saw them last fall when they came around both at Tweeter & in Manchester and I was worried this show was going to have the same exact set list. Silly me.
Stinkfist and Forty-Six & 2 back to back was pretty damn great. Then whenever they started playing Pushit I really lost it. FRIGGEN SWEET! Then Flood right after it! :)
This show was my 6th time seeing TOOL & the best one yet, aside from Ozz Fest 98...that setlist was fantastic & it was also the only other time I've heard Pushit live.
I really really really do hope they are coming back in the fall.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

A-MAZ-ING!!!!
I saw them last fall when they came around both at Tweeter & in Manchester and I was worried this show was going to have the same exact set list. Silly me.
Stinkfist and Forty-Six & 2 back to back was pretty damn great. Then whenever they started playing Pushit I really lost it. FRIGGEN SWEET! Then Flood right after it! :)
This show was my 6th time seeing TOOL & the best one yet, aside from Ozz Fest 98...that setlist was fantastic & it was also the only other time I've heard Pushit live.
I really really really do hope they are coming back in the fall.
07-13-2007, 05:53 AM

first off i gotta say...FUCK THE TWEETER CENTER!

not only was traffic absolutely stupid (left from what should have been 1 hour away at 5:30 and missed the entire opener...finally got in around 8:05) but the sound at tweeter is never great.

I was in section 7, row W, pretty much on the opposite side of where I was for the last show (5, row M). There very some low points on the sound quality. I know its not just me expecting too much because the Orpheum last May sounded absolutely perfect and the two tweeter shows pale in comparison. My complaints are twofold...the vocals were quite low at times and there was a definite echo that brought the quality of the sound down a lot. Pretty annoying for a show that was as good as this one was.

secondly...the setlist. Holy fucking shit. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It took me over a minute to fully realize that this was truly pushit, not a joke and this was actually happening. THEN FLOOD. WHAT THE FUCK!!! I was holding out for RiT or The Pot (because those seemed actually possible...with the feint possibility of opiate or swamp song in the back of mind keeping me burning with excitement) after that combo but 10kdays and lateralus were good enough.

Jambi...I can't believe they started early. We got fucked for this one. It came on as we were walking to our seats. It sounded REALLY good though, perhaps because I wasn't yet at the place where sound goes to die at tweeter (sections 5,7 and those nearby). I was skeptical about Jambi opening but I feel like it went extremely well, especially after hearing extended stinkfist open my last 2 shows. EDIT: Forgot to mention that the talkbox here was the best of the 3 shows I've been to. Orpheum's was that night's low point and the previous tweeter show wasn't as good as last nights. It was very well played.

Stinkfist...too bad it wasn't extended (I feel like if it was this setlist would be that much more insane).

46 & 2...started to notice the sound issues more on this one. Unless my seats have been dead zones they really need to up the vocal mix.

Schism...worst extended schism I've seen of the 3. Orpheum was the best...last time at tweeter 2nd...I just feel like the extended parts didn't flow as well with the parts in the song that it bridges.

Rosetta Stoned...meh. They need to either rework it or take it out of their sets. There are so many other songs we'd all rather hear. The megaphone-thing NEVER sounds right (not even in a venue that sounds perfect - like the orpheum) and maynard just went in and out with the vocals, not singing at the same times as on the album. Overall a jumbled, slightly enjoyable mess.

PUSHIT............................................ ..................................all I really have to say. Wish I heard it in a better sounding venue but it doesn't really matter. Wish maynard didn't fuck up the second line...but oh well. WHILE YOU WERE BEGGING ME TO STAY. The people to our left left to go to the bathroom or get beer or something during pushit (tards, they even sat down during 10k days...lol) so we were able to spread out and enjoy it in all its glory. I turned to my friend who's first tool show this was to tell him how lucky he was (only to do it again after flood) and me and my other friend just looked at each other completely dumbfounded when the opening riff let off. IM SO GLAD IT WAS AENIMA VERSION! I like Aenima slightly better than the old live (Salival) and once I realized that this was album version it became that much more special. I got off a "..." text to Sully at the start. I still can't believe this happened. Second favorite tool song?...check!

FLOOD...The people to our left came back BUT WHATEVER!! Anybody that follows Tool or reads this forum probably started freaking out/orgasming/taking it all in with awe when flood started and the water visuals kicked in. I know I did. Not only did this elevate the show from ridiculous (PUSHIT!) to LEGENDARY but Flood is my favorite Undertow song and one of the last Tool songs that I really came to appreciate. It wouldn't have meant as much if I had heard it at a previous show because I just started listening to flood a lot in the last half a year or so. Turned to jeff and we both had this look of utter amazement. This setlist WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO EXIST. Yet it was unfolding before our eyes and there was a possibility it was going to get even crazier.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1)...lol some douchebag behind me kept asking his friend if this was "Lateralus?...Vicarious?...Aenima?...Lateralus ?". I'm glad I didn't turn to him and tell him...fool. The bad quality vocals hurt this song but you gotta love when the guitar breaks in for a few precious moments.

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)...vocals hurt the song but excellent overall. I was too high and kind of missed "You are the light and way that they will only read about." partly because of that, partly being distracted by the visuals and partly because the vocals were TOO LOW!. So I missed the climax, whatever, at least that'll make the next 10k days I hear even better.

Lateralus...the drum off was fucking sick. I wish justin mixed up the bass line during it, not too fond of what he was doing but it worked. And he chugged the beers which I didn't even see (combination of distance and focusing on danny/the other guy) so whatever. Wish they made it flow a little bit better in and out of the drums but whatever. Orpheum lateralus still reigns supreme in my book.

Vicarious...I really wish Maynard would sing the songs as opposed to not. Still a solid vicarious performance but knowing it was all over after it (cuz Maynard said see you real soon) was dissappointing. How absurd would Aenima or RiT/The Pot have been either before or after vicarious? Nothing much to complain about. The end of a ridiculous night.

Oh and snagged the XL Baja Blast on the way home from that Belle open till 1 off of 495. And some cheesy gordita crunches. I haven't had the sweet nectar of the Baja Blast since school up in ithaca ended in may because the hudson TBelle doesn't have it for some reason. Whoever is out there deciding the fate of the universe and all of it constituents really decided to make my night tonight. Absolutely fucking insane.

Last edited by mjr; 07-13-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 05:53 AM   #22
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

first off i gotta say...FUCK THE TWEETER CENTER!

not only was traffic absolutely stupid (left from what should have been 1 hour away at 5:30 and missed the entire opener...finally got in around 8:05) but the sound at tweeter is never great.

I was in section 7, row W, pretty much on the opposite side of where I was for the last show (5, row M). There very some low points on the sound quality. I know its not just me expecting too much because the Orpheum last May sounded absolutely perfect and the two tweeter shows pale in comparison. My complaints are twofold...the vocals were quite low at times and there was a definite echo that brought the quality of the sound down a lot. Pretty annoying for a show that was as good as this one was.

secondly...the setlist. Holy fucking shit. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It took me over a minute to fully realize that this was truly pushit, not a joke and this was actually happening. THEN FLOOD. WHAT THE FUCK!!! I was holding out for RiT or The Pot (because those seemed actually possible...with the feint possibility of opiate or swamp song in the back of mind keeping me burning with excitement) after that combo but 10kdays and lateralus were good enough.

Jambi...I can't believe they started early. We got fucked for this one. It came on as we were walking to our seats. It sounded REALLY good though, perhaps because I wasn't yet at the place where sound goes to die at tweeter (sections 5,7 and those nearby). I was skeptical about Jambi opening but I feel like it went extremely well, especially after hearing extended stinkfist open my last 2 shows. EDIT: Forgot to mention that the talkbox here was the best of the 3 shows I've been to. Orpheum's was that night's low point and the previous tweeter show wasn't as good as last nights. It was very well played.

Stinkfist...too bad it wasn't extended (I feel like if it was this setlist would be that much more insane).

46 & 2...started to notice the sound issues more on this one. Unless my seats have been dead zones they really need to up the vocal mix.

Schism...worst extended schism I've seen of the 3. Orpheum was the best...last time at tweeter 2nd...I just feel like the extended parts didn't flow as well with the parts in the song that it bridges.

Rosetta Stoned...meh. They need to either rework it or take it out of their sets. There are so many other songs we'd all rather hear. The megaphone-thing NEVER sounds right (not even in a venue that sounds perfect - like the orpheum) and maynard just went in and out with the vocals, not singing at the same times as on the album. Overall a jumbled, slightly enjoyable mess.

PUSHIT............................................ ..................................all I really have to say. Wish I heard it in a better sounding venue but it doesn't really matter. Wish maynard didn't fuck up the second line...but oh well. WHILE YOU WERE BEGGING ME TO STAY. The people to our left left to go to the bathroom or get beer or something during pushit (tards, they even sat down during 10k days...lol) so we were able to spread out and enjoy it in all its glory. I turned to my friend who's first tool show this was to tell him how lucky he was (only to do it again after flood) and me and my other friend just looked at each other completely dumbfounded when the opening riff let off. IM SO GLAD IT WAS AENIMA VERSION! I like Aenima slightly better than the old live (Salival) and once I realized that this was album version it became that much more special. I got off a "..." text to Sully at the start. I still can't believe this happened. Second favorite tool song?...check!

FLOOD...The people to our left came back BUT WHATEVER!! Anybody that follows Tool or reads this forum probably started freaking out/orgasming/taking it all in with awe when flood started and the water visuals kicked in. I know I did. Not only did this elevate the show from ridiculous (PUSHIT!) to LEGENDARY but Flood is my favorite Undertow song and one of the last Tool songs that I really came to appreciate. It wouldn't have meant as much if I had heard it at a previous show because I just started listening to flood a lot in the last half a year or so. Turned to jeff and we both had this look of utter amazement. This setlist WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO EXIST. Yet it was unfolding before our eyes and there was a possibility it was going to get even crazier.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1)...lol some douchebag behind me kept asking his friend if this was "Lateralus?...Vicarious?...Aenima?...Lateralus ?". I'm glad I didn't turn to him and tell him...fool. The bad quality vocals hurt this song but you gotta love when the guitar breaks in for a few precious moments.

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)...vocals hurt the song but excellent overall. I was too high and kind of missed "You are the light and way that they will only read about." partly because of that, partly being distracted by the visuals and partly because the vocals were TOO LOW!. So I missed the climax, whatever, at least that'll make the next 10k days I hear even better.

Lateralus...the drum off was fucking sick. I wish justin mixed up the bass line during it, not too fond of what he was doing but it worked. And he chugged the beers which I didn't even see (combination of distance and focusing on danny/the other guy) so whatever. Wish they made it flow a little bit better in and out of the drums but whatever. Orpheum lateralus still reigns supreme in my book.

Vicarious...I really wish Maynard would sing the songs as opposed to not. Still a solid vicarious performance but knowing it was all over after it (cuz Maynard said see you real soon) was dissappointing. How absurd would Aenima or RiT/The Pot have been either before or after vicarious? Nothing much to complain about. The end of a ridiculous night.

Oh and snagged the XL Baja Blast on the way home from that Belle open till 1 off of 495. And some cheesy gordita crunches. I haven't had the sweet nectar of the Baja Blast since school up in ithaca ended in may because the hudson TBelle doesn't have it for some reason. Whoever is out there deciding the fate of the universe and all of it constituents really decided to make my night tonight. Absolutely fucking insane.

Last edited by mjr; 07-13-2007 at 10:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
spiral-out
07-13-2007, 06:11 AM

I am so glad I got to witness one of the best tool shows ever last night. That setlist was unreal - Pushit AND Flood?????? In the same show????? AMAZING.

I got to see them for the first time in Florida June 1st - and I posted a review of that show on here too, but it was a *MUCH* different experience, I even noted how I couldn't wait to go see them in my home state of Massachusetts, because MA. crowds are just so much more appreciative and respectful and get the best shows on anyone's tours...I think this show is proof of that. haha, Maynard HATED Florida - because the crowd was so disrespectful, and I was very irritated at the crowd around me, one asshole shined a laser pointer in maynard's face and he walked off the stage in disgust for like 10 minutes. but i digress...

They seemed really, reallly into what they were playing the whole night, and maybe bacause I am a singer/musician I have more compassion for them not always synching up and forgetting words...it's hard enough to get through a gig at the local bar without making a mistake on decidedly less intricate songs then Tool plays...so I guess I embrace the mistakes they make as it proves them to be human, just like the rest of us, not just song playing robots. (although I have wished they would change up the setlist alot for people who do see them a few times on tour...and they did to some extent last night.)Again I digress... at the end of the show - it seemed like they stood out there on stage for an extra long time just basking in the after glow...Danny threw out not only his drumsticks, but the drum head things too - I WISH I was the one to catch that...but as opposed to my last show which I was very front, I was far back to the right this time, which actually was a pretty nice view of the laser show and all the lighting, a whole different perspective which I actually enjoyed. Thank god I got to move a few rows down away from this group of drunk girls right next to me that seemed to be there just to drink and giggle and talk and flirt with the annoying drunken guy in front of me, who insisted on trying to talk me while I kept trying to ignore him so maybe he could leave me the fuck alone to watch the show and be by myself in peace. Once I moved down though the people were much more into the music then just "being there" . The sound from where I was really wasn't too bad - I don't expect much from out door venues anyway but aside from some really low vocals I could hear ok... I wish I could hear Danny's drumming a little clearer too though.

I LOVED the visual effects during flood - it was just amazing the gush that came down to every beat...just unreal. And the drum solo in lateralus with the other dude...so fun to watch - they didn't do that when I saw them in FL - and watching them both was mesmerizing. Danny is the most amazing drummer I think I have ever seen. AND I think it's such a surreal feeling when EVERYONE has their lighter out during the break and you look around and the whole place is lit up...they just put on the best damn show. Maynard seemed in very good spirits and I recall him saying something along the lines of "look out for eachother on the way home...I know you're all drunk but you don't have to (fuck.....)" i can't remember the last part...but he gave a sincere thanks to the crowd which was nice.

SO, my second Tool show was the most amazing experience ever and I'm glad I made the trip up here to see them, in fact I think I would fly up here to see them any time they play in MA again - it's SUCH a better vibe. Probably the best show and setlist of the tour. Thank you Tool and thank you my Massachusetts people!!!
You have no idea how much better this crowd was comparatively.

p.s. I think it's great that they sell "girl" tool shirts now - even if they are wayyyy over priced at least I can look cute instead of looking like I'm wearing a night gown. Nice touch.

Last edited by spiral-out; 07-13-2007 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 06:11 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

I am so glad I got to witness one of the best tool shows ever last night. That setlist was unreal - Pushit AND Flood?????? In the same show????? AMAZING.

I got to see them for the first time in Florida June 1st - and I posted a review of that show on here too, but it was a *MUCH* different experience, I even noted how I couldn't wait to go see them in my home state of Massachusetts, because MA. crowds are just so much more appreciative and respectful and get the best shows on anyone's tours...I think this show is proof of that. haha, Maynard HATED Florida - because the crowd was so disrespectful, and I was very irritated at the crowd around me, one asshole shined a laser pointer in maynard's face and he walked off the stage in disgust for like 10 minutes. but i digress...

They seemed really, reallly into what they were playing the whole night, and maybe bacause I am a singer/musician I have more compassion for them not always synching up and forgetting words...it's hard enough to get through a gig at the local bar without making a mistake on decidedly less intricate songs then Tool plays...so I guess I embrace the mistakes they make as it proves them to be human, just like the rest of us, not just song playing robots. (although I have wished they would change up the setlist alot for people who do see them a few times on tour...and they did to some extent last night.)Again I digress... at the end of the show - it seemed like they stood out there on stage for an extra long time just basking in the after glow...Danny threw out not only his drumsticks, but the drum head things too - I WISH I was the one to catch that...but as opposed to my last show which I was very front, I was far back to the right this time, which actually was a pretty nice view of the laser show and all the lighting, a whole different perspective which I actually enjoyed. Thank god I got to move a few rows down away from this group of drunk girls right next to me that seemed to be there just to drink and giggle and talk and flirt with the annoying drunken guy in front of me, who insisted on trying to talk me while I kept trying to ignore him so maybe he could leave me the fuck alone to watch the show and be by myself in peace. Once I moved down though the people were much more into the music then just "being there" . The sound from where I was really wasn't too bad - I don't expect much from out door venues anyway but aside from some really low vocals I could hear ok... I wish I could hear Danny's drumming a little clearer too though.

I LOVED the visual effects during flood - it was just amazing the gush that came down to every beat...just unreal. And the drum solo in lateralus with the other dude...so fun to watch - they didn't do that when I saw them in FL - and watching them both was mesmerizing. Danny is the most amazing drummer I think I have ever seen. AND I think it's such a surreal feeling when EVERYONE has their lighter out during the break and you look around and the whole place is lit up...they just put on the best damn show. Maynard seemed in very good spirits and I recall him saying something along the lines of "look out for eachother on the way home...I know you're all drunk but you don't have to (fuck.....)" i can't remember the last part...but he gave a sincere thanks to the crowd which was nice.

SO, my second Tool show was the most amazing experience ever and I'm glad I made the trip up here to see them, in fact I think I would fly up here to see them any time they play in MA again - it's SUCH a better vibe. Probably the best show and setlist of the tour. Thank you Tool and thank you my Massachusetts people!!!
You have no idea how much better this crowd was comparatively.

p.s. I think it's great that they sell "girl" tool shirts now - even if they are wayyyy over priced at least I can look cute instead of looking like I'm wearing a night gown. Nice touch.

Last edited by spiral-out; 07-13-2007 at 07:33 AM..
OFFLINE |  
jjmcf
07-13-2007, 06:13 AM

my .02:

maynard was very subdued, no soundbytes. i had hyped my gf so much because she's not a concert-goer. I had seen them 5 times before, and figured her first experience would be sour if everything wasn't perfect, so i gave up our 10th row for 20th row more in the center, to some ecstatic guys who way overpaid for their 20th row. as such i didn't notice that justin was slamming beers during the drumoff, and i imagine we missed some other subtleties.

a tool show with no maynard soundbytes of note is disappointing to me, but that's just me. i figured it was because of it being an outdoor show, they need to stop at a certain time due to noise regulations. all-in-all, id rather hear the music obviously anyway.

the drumoff was incredible and flood was the shit. and yes, we did get pushit as well. lateralus was a religious experience. i never expect absolute perfection in musicianship from tool, so no biggies there. y'alls need to remember maynard's not just punk kid on a red bull/sobi energy molotov cocktail anymore, and he manages his energy extremely well.

great show all in all, but i probably wont see them outdoors again. when it feels rushed it sucks a little.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

my .02:

maynard was very subdued, no soundbytes. i had hyped my gf so much because she's not a concert-goer. I had seen them 5 times before, and figured her first experience would be sour if everything wasn't perfect, so i gave up our 10th row for 20th row more in the center, to some ecstatic guys who way overpaid for their 20th row. as such i didn't notice that justin was slamming beers during the drumoff, and i imagine we missed some other subtleties.

a tool show with no maynard soundbytes of note is disappointing to me, but that's just me. i figured it was because of it being an outdoor show, they need to stop at a certain time due to noise regulations. all-in-all, id rather hear the music obviously anyway.

the drumoff was incredible and flood was the shit. and yes, we did get pushit as well. lateralus was a religious experience. i never expect absolute perfection in musicianship from tool, so no biggies there. y'alls need to remember maynard's not just punk kid on a red bull/sobi energy molotov cocktail anymore, and he manages his energy extremely well.

great show all in all, but i probably wont see them outdoors again. when it feels rushed it sucks a little.
OFFLINE |  
Mattyboy25
07-13-2007, 06:26 AM

3rd TooL show in less than a year. I saw them here last September. I bought tickets for my little brother and I for his birthday. His first TooL show , my 10th. The first time I saw Tool was exactly 10 years ago, in SLC E Center. They played the extended version of Pushit. I almost died when they played it again last night. Fucking amazing. My little brother did not know what to do, he totally loved everything. We had seats in Sec 6 Row Z, but were able to move down to the soundboard.

BEST TOOL SHOW I HAVE EVER WITNESSED!!!!!

Danny Carey is like the Bionic Man. I thought his Kit was going to fucking explode last night.

What a treat to see them play Flood.

Lateralus should have been the closer, even though Vicarious rocks.

I thought it was hilarious when Maynard called everyone drunken bastards.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:26 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

3rd TooL show in less than a year. I saw them here last September. I bought tickets for my little brother and I for his birthday. His first TooL show , my 10th. The first time I saw Tool was exactly 10 years ago, in SLC E Center. They played the extended version of Pushit. I almost died when they played it again last night. Fucking amazing. My little brother did not know what to do, he totally loved everything. We had seats in Sec 6 Row Z, but were able to move down to the soundboard.

BEST TOOL SHOW I HAVE EVER WITNESSED!!!!!

Danny Carey is like the Bionic Man. I thought his Kit was going to fucking explode last night.

What a treat to see them play Flood.

Lateralus should have been the closer, even though Vicarious rocks.

I thought it was hilarious when Maynard called everyone drunken bastards.
OFFLINE |  
cseviour's Avatar cseviour
07-13-2007, 06:42 AM

5 th-Show
By far the best set list this tour
Thanks Tool
Old 07-13-2007, 06:42 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

5 th-Show
By far the best set list this tour
Thanks Tool
OFFLINE |  
EternalEnergi
07-13-2007, 06:43 AM

The show was great, but as far as the venue. I felt like I was being herded. Not pleasant to say the least, but oh well. Also, Danny could go on tour playing Lateralus by himself. INSANE
Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

The show was great, but as far as the venue. I felt like I was being herded. Not pleasant to say the least, but oh well. Also, Danny could go on tour playing Lateralus by himself. INSANE
OFFLINE |  
GroovesEthnikon
07-13-2007, 06:54 AM

This was my second Tool show [saw them last Fall at Tweeter], and this was _SO_ much better. I was completely floored, especially by Schism and Lateralus. Last time I was able to track down a torrent of a recording, and it was phenomenal to be able to relive the show to some extent. So, today, in the aftermath, I just want to listen to Lateralus for hours. Does anyone know if the show was recorded, and if so, where the torrent might be getting upped? Thanks!

I'm still stunned, set list was out of this world. I, too, hoped for The Pot, but Push It and Flood were A-OKAY! Overall, just: wow.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second Tool show [saw them last Fall at Tweeter], and this was _SO_ much better. I was completely floored, especially by Schism and Lateralus. Last time I was able to track down a torrent of a recording, and it was phenomenal to be able to relive the show to some extent. So, today, in the aftermath, I just want to listen to Lateralus for hours. Does anyone know if the show was recorded, and if so, where the torrent might be getting upped? Thanks!

I'm still stunned, set list was out of this world. I, too, hoped for The Pot, but Push It and Flood were A-OKAY! Overall, just: wow.
OFFLINE |  
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-13-2007, 06:55 AM

A VERY COMPLETE SETLIST:

Jambi
(-) ions intro
Stinkfist
Useful Idiot intro
46 & 2
Mantra intro
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Prison Sex tease intro
Lateralus (extended w/ drummer from Big Business)
Vicarious

This is my attempt at a VERY complete setlist which includes small segments of Tool segues they played for intros. This is my third Tool show and my dad's fourth show all I can say is: THANK YOU GOD FOR TOOL! This was probably the most fun concert I have ever been to. I went with my dad and we along with many people payed some extra money for premium parking (you get out of the show much faster). Before the show we sat in our car and blasted some Tool while watching the other fans tailgating and having fun. The concert pavillion was GREAT! They had all sorts of vendors selling different drinks, foods, and Tool merchandise. Big Business opened for Tool and I thought they were great. I really liked the vocalist and the drummer was amazing. We sat in section 4, row A, seat F18. Tool came out and opened with Jambi and the sound quality was great. There was 14,000 people in the pavillion and it was annoying because I sat in front of the aisle and there were LOADS of losers walking through while Tool was playing. Maynard felt disrespected by these buffoons so he called them "drunken bastards" later during the concert. The first bit of the show went by fast and Schism was great when they played double time. The band was playing great and I had never heard them play Rosetta Stoned better than at this concert. During this the two big crazy guys next to us almost got into a fight with security and me and my dad helped prevent that by calming everyone down. After Rosetta Stoned we were all confused because they played a long intro that sounded like a bunch of different songs (H., Eon Blue Apocalypse...). Then Tool busted out into Pushit, HOLY SH!T! I had never been more excited in my life and I was jumping up and down hugging my dad. Everyone probably thought I was crazy because I was dancing and singing and screaming and everything. Some A-hole security guard ruined the end of Pushit for me because I took out my cellphone and he thought I had a camera. He jumped up into my seat and tried to pull me out just as Maynard was singing the awesome climax of the song. I didn't let that happen and I refused to go so he told me off and left. Next they played another long intro and we were all guessing what was next, but we had no idea.... FLOOOD! We got Pushit and Flood! My life was complete at this point because I got to hear the grand trio of songs they switch between (Right in Two, Pushit, Flood). Flood was great because they played the entire thing and the crowd went wild. After Flood they did a little break then went into Wings for Marie (parts 1 and 2). I really enjoyed 10,000 Days (Wings part 2) and the climax of the song was beautiful. Before Lateralus, the band fooled us when Adam played that wierd stringy noise the play before Prison Sex. Funny one guys! Lateralus was awesome and they extended it with a drum duel between Danny and the talented drummer from Big Business. They closed an amazing Tool concert with Vicarious and then we all scuttled out. The show started a few minutes before 9pm and ended at 11pm. In summation, the show was incredible because the sound quality was great, the fans were nice, the band was happy, we had amazing seats, and they played Pushit AND Flood. I would now like to thank God for the band that is Tool. BEST SHOW EVER!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

A VERY COMPLETE SETLIST:

Jambi
(-) ions intro
Stinkfist
Useful Idiot intro
46 & 2
Mantra intro
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Prison Sex tease intro
Vicarious

This is my attempt at a VERY complete setlist which includes small segments of Tool segues they played for intros. This is my third Tool show and my dad's fourth show all I can say is: THANK YOU GOD FOR TOOL! This was probably the most fun concert I have ever been to. I went with my dad and we along with many people payed some extra money for premium parking (you get out of the show much faster). Before the show we sat in our car and blasted some Tool while watching the other fans tailgating and having fun. The concert pavillion was GREAT! They had all sorts of vendors selling different drinks, foods, and Tool merchandise. Big Business opened for Tool and I thought they were great. I really liked the vocalist and the drummer was amazing. We sat in section 4, row A, seat F18. Tool came out and opened with Jambi and the sound quality was great. There was 14,000 people in the pavillion and it was annoying because I sat in front of the aisle and there were LOADS of losers walking through while Tool was playing. Maynard felt disrespected by these buffoons so he called them "drunken bastards" later during the concert. The first bit of the show went by fast and Schism was great when they played double time. The band was playing great and I had never heard them play Rosetta Stoned better than at this concert. During this the two big crazy guys next to us almost got into a fight with security and me and my dad helped prevent that by calming everyone down. After Rosetta Stoned we were all confused because they played a long intro that sounded like a bunch of different songs (H., Eon Blue Apocalypse...). Then Tool busted out into Pushit, HOLY SH!T! I had never been more excited in my life and I was jumping up and down hugging my dad. Everyone probably thought I was crazy because I was dancing and singing and screaming and everything. Some A-hole security guard ruined the end of Pushit for me because I took out my cellphone and he thought I had a camera. He jumped up into my seat and tried to pull me out just as Maynard was singing the awesome climax of the song. I didn't let that happen and I refused to go so he told me off and left. Next they played another long intro and we were all guessing what was next, but we had no idea.... FLOOOD! We got Pushit and Flood! My life was complete at this point because I got to hear the grand trio of songs they switch between (Right in Two, Pushit, Flood). Flood was great because they played the entire thing and the crowd went wild. After Flood they did a little break then went into Wings for Marie (parts 1 and 2). I really enjoyed 10,000 Days (Wings part 2) and the climax of the song was beautiful. Before Lateralus, the band fooled us when Adam played that wierd stringy noise the play before Prison Sex. Funny one guys! Lateralus was awesome and they extended it with a drum duel between Danny and the talented drummer from Big Business. They closed an amazing Tool concert with Vicarious and then we all scuttled out. The show started a few minutes before 9pm and ended at 11pm. In summation, the show was incredible because the sound quality was great, the fans were nice, the band was happy, we had amazing seats, and they played Pushit AND Flood. I would now like to thank God for the band that is Tool. BEST SHOW EVER!
plansxyandz
07-13-2007, 06:58 AM

10th show and they still amaze me. Why wouldn't they - pretty much the best seasoned band on the road - or anywhere. Pumped to see Maynard throwing it down like it was '95. Danny and the BB drummer have a great repoire style wise - thought it would be good but I was really floored by the trading off they did. Not easy but they made it look that way. Justin and Adam we're sonic and tight (mostly!).... Flood? Pushit? C'mon - that just was silly good. Now, gentlemen, may I suggest Intolerance for your return trip? Anyone with me? Never seen it and it's like a purpose in my life to witness it. Surprise me TOOL. You guys always do.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

10th show and they still amaze me. Why wouldn't they - pretty much the best seasoned band on the road - or anywhere. Pumped to see Maynard throwing it down like it was '95. Danny and the BB drummer have a great repoire style wise - thought it would be good but I was really floored by the trading off they did. Not easy but they made it look that way. Justin and Adam we're sonic and tight (mostly!).... Flood? Pushit? C'mon - that just was silly good. Now, gentlemen, may I suggest Intolerance for your return trip? Anyone with me? Never seen it and it's like a purpose in my life to witness it. Surprise me TOOL. You guys always do.
OFFLINE |  
toolchick17
07-13-2007, 07:07 AM

WOW. Second Tool show this tour, went back in September. Seats were pretty good, section 9 row Q 18-19. From open-air seats you could see everything, and after all the complain I've read about at the past month of shows, I have to say the mix was perfect, I could hear every member clearly.

Maynard came out in his orange sweatshirt and cowboy hat, same as last year. Although, he had a mohawk going on? Staff in lab coats was awesome.

Jambi - Great opener. Maynard was dancing around and everyone was really grooving during this. Adam's talkbox solo was phenomenal and perfect, there's no other way to describe it.

Stinkfist - Everyone loves this song. You could really tell the crowd was feeling it, singing along and swaying to it. I had wondered what the scream mentioned at previous shows was, but it was a cool addition to the song after one of the versus I believe. My brother (section 8) and I both caught the fact that Maynard sang "I'll...keep...singing!" not digging. Very cool.

46 & 2 - Good song, fun to sing along to. Could have been swapped out for The Pot but I won't complain. Gotta love Danny's short solo.

Schism - Such a great song, always been a favorite. The second those first 4 chords rung out I was pumped. The sped-up bridge made my jaw drop. The slowdown to "Atrophy has.." following the bridge was cool, kind of gradual.

Rosetta Stoned - Always a great song. Vocals were a bit hard to hear, but that's simply because of the effect Maynard uses. An awesome job all in all. I wasn't sure what it was at first until "Alrighty then.." but was glad they didn't waste their time with Lost Keys as I've heard the vocals have been inaudible. That pause right before the last minute and a half was extended, then I was floored when Maynard came back in with the yell. A little off at many times, but still good.

Pushit - Epic. We are so lucky we got to hear this, as it's only happened rarely on this tour. It sounded perfect from where I was.

Flood - Was not expecting this to follow Pushit, thinking we already got the 'treat' song. This was a highlight for me. I don't know the song as well as I should, but that rumbling bass in the beginning is so recognizable. Visuals were intense; scenes of blue water playing everywhere while the three lighting circles glowed red. Just wow.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1) - Lighters before this were very cool. Adam and Danny(?) sitting on the riser holding up their lighters. Great visuals on this song, no flashes from the audience. Well done!

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) - An awesome, awesome song. Another favorite of mine, the visuals were great and the vocals were flawless. I did notice he sang the last line "It's time for you to bring me home" the way he sang the last line of Wings. A little change up, but well done nonetheless.

Lateralus - Another highlight. They kept the opening going for a while, Danny getting louder and louder on the drums. Everytime I thought they would start jamming into the first verse's intro, Danny just kept wailing. Very cool. Maynard messed up, singing the first verse twice. I think this threw off the whole band because things seemed off for the rest of the song until the epic drum off. Justin was funny sitting in his knees just finger picking those 3 notes and chugging a few beers. Lighting was amazing is this; black then white lasers changed to red and yellow. During "Spiral out!" the three lighting circles flashed white lights so it looked like the three circles themselves were spinning, so cool!

Vicarious - A questionable closer that turned out great. The whole crowd was truly jamming throughout this. No "Vicariously IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, live while the whole world dies". It's said he doesn't sing it to preserve his voice, but there are much harder vocals throughout the show. Whatever!

The band on stage after was awesome. Danny and Justin hugging a bunch of times, as they are so tight carrying the rhythm of the whole show. The whole group hugged and got a massive cheer from what I thought was a great crowd. Maynard walked off, typical, while Adam, Justin and Danny kept giving their thanks and appreciation. They then started throwing water bottles, drum sticks, and drum covers into the audience; lucky bastards who caught them!

Maynard's one speech went something like this..."Hey all you drunk bastards! Thank you for coming out to see us...see you soon. Take care of each other and be careful driving. I know you're all drunk so please resist the urge to have sex with a family member." - correct me if I'm wrong.

Alrighty then...great show all in all. The mix and view, for my section, was perfect. A few cons though: three assholes, two rows ahead of me, decided to get trashed and their Lateralus mini-mosh turned into a fight between the three of them during the drum off. Very annoying because I'm trying to watch while everyone's looking to my left to see these idiots beat each other up. A few of the songs were off at parts, but Tool makes up for it with songs like Schism, Vicarious, Flood and Pushit, which were all tight as hell. Traffic sucked. We sat in the parking lot until about 12:15 because the people around us in line had only moved about 3 spots up in 45 minutes.

What a night. I had a natural high going on the whole time and found myself smiling while jamming during most of the songs due to how amazing they sounded. Great job guys! I will be back the second tickets go on sale for another Tool show in Mansfield, no doubt.

Spiral out!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW. Second Tool show this tour, went back in September. Seats were pretty good, section 9 row Q 18-19. From open-air seats you could see everything, and after all the complain I've read about at the past month of shows, I have to say the mix was perfect, I could hear every member clearly.

Maynard came out in his orange sweatshirt and cowboy hat, same as last year. Although, he had a mohawk going on? Staff in lab coats was awesome.

Jambi - Great opener. Maynard was dancing around and everyone was really grooving during this. Adam's talkbox solo was phenomenal and perfect, there's no other way to describe it.

Stinkfist - Everyone loves this song. You could really tell the crowd was feeling it, singing along and swaying to it. I had wondered what the scream mentioned at previous shows was, but it was a cool addition to the song after one of the versus I believe. My brother (section 8) and I both caught the fact that Maynard sang "I'll...keep...singing!" not digging. Very cool.

46 & 2 - Good song, fun to sing along to. Could have been swapped out for The Pot but I won't complain. Gotta love Danny's short solo.

Schism - Such a great song, always been a favorite. The second those first 4 chords rung out I was pumped. The sped-up bridge made my jaw drop. The slowdown to "Atrophy has.." following the bridge was cool, kind of gradual.

Rosetta Stoned - Always a great song. Vocals were a bit hard to hear, but that's simply because of the effect Maynard uses. An awesome job all in all. I wasn't sure what it was at first until "Alrighty then.." but was glad they didn't waste their time with Lost Keys as I've heard the vocals have been inaudible. That pause right before the last minute and a half was extended, then I was floored when Maynard came back in with the yell. A little off at many times, but still good.

Pushit - Epic. We are so lucky we got to hear this, as it's only happened rarely on this tour. It sounded perfect from where I was.

Flood - Was not expecting this to follow Pushit, thinking we already got the 'treat' song. This was a highlight for me. I don't know the song as well as I should, but that rumbling bass in the beginning is so recognizable. Visuals were intense; scenes of blue water playing everywhere while the three lighting circles glowed red. Just wow.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1) - Lighters before this were very cool. Adam and Danny(?) sitting on the riser holding up their lighters. Great visuals on this song, no flashes from the audience. Well done!

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) - An awesome, awesome song. Another favorite of mine, the visuals were great and the vocals were flawless. I did notice he sang the last line "It's time for you to bring me home" the way he sang the last line of Wings. A little change up, but well done nonetheless.

Lateralus - Another highlight. They kept the opening going for a while, Danny getting louder and louder on the drums. Everytime I thought they would start jamming into the first verse's intro, Danny just kept wailing. Very cool. Maynard messed up, singing the first verse twice. I think this threw off the whole band because things seemed off for the rest of the song until the epic drum off. Justin was funny sitting in his knees just finger picking those 3 notes and chugging a few beers. Lighting was amazing is this; black then white lasers changed to red and yellow. During "Spiral out!" the three lighting circles flashed white lights so it looked like the three circles themselves were spinning, so cool!

Vicarious - A questionable closer that turned out great. The whole crowd was truly jamming throughout this. No "Vicariously IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, live while the whole world dies". It's said he doesn't sing it to preserve his voice, but there are much harder vocals throughout the show. Whatever!

The band on stage after was awesome. Danny and Justin hugging a bunch of times, as they are so tight carrying the rhythm of the whole show. The whole group hugged and got a massive cheer from what I thought was a great crowd. Maynard walked off, typical, while Adam, Justin and Danny kept giving their thanks and appreciation. They then started throwing water bottles, drum sticks, and drum covers into the audience; lucky bastards who caught them!

Maynard's one speech went something like this..."Hey all you drunk bastards! Thank you for coming out to see us...see you soon. Take care of each other and be careful driving. I know you're all drunk so please resist the urge to have sex with a family member." - correct me if I'm wrong.

Alrighty then...great show all in all. The mix and view, for my section, was perfect. A few cons though: three assholes, two rows ahead of me, decided to get trashed and their Lateralus mini-mosh turned into a fight between the three of them during the drum off. Very annoying because I'm trying to watch while everyone's looking to my left to see these idiots beat each other up. A few of the songs were off at parts, but Tool makes up for it with songs like Schism, Vicarious, Flood and Pushit, which were all tight as hell. Traffic sucked. We sat in the parking lot until about 12:15 because the people around us in line had only moved about 3 spots up in 45 minutes.

What a night. I had a natural high going on the whole time and found myself smiling while jamming during most of the songs due to how amazing they sounded. Great job guys! I will be back the second tickets go on sale for another Tool show in Mansfield, no doubt.

Spiral out!
07-13-2007, 07:15 AM

[QUOTE]
A VERY COMPLETE SETLIST:

Jambi
(-) ions intro
Stinkfist
Useful Idiot intro
46 & 2
Mantra intro
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Prison Sex tease intro
Vicarious
[\QUOTE]

I disagree with this. The sounds they played between songs were NOT their respective album segues/intros. The only one that might be right is the prison sex tease intro but I'm 100% positive that mantra/useful idiot/(-) Ions were not used to introduce the other songs.

That brings up a good point though...what are the sounds they are playing between songs and what are they trying to do with the whole "spaceship" feel of their show? The break while the men in white set up the 2nd drum set and the laser things moved into place being the most notable. The crew wearing all white were on stage multiple times during the night. Anybody have a clue as to what the significance of all that furturistic/spaceshippy shit is? It doesn't seem to really fit for Tool...but then again who am I to wave my finger.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 AM   #32
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

[QUOTE]
A VERY COMPLETE SETLIST:

Jambi
(-) ions intro
Stinkfist
Useful Idiot intro
46 & 2
Mantra intro
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Prison Sex tease intro
Vicarious
[\QUOTE]

I disagree with this. The sounds they played between songs were NOT their respective album segues/intros. The only one that might be right is the prison sex tease intro but I'm 100% positive that mantra/useful idiot/(-) Ions were not used to introduce the other songs.

That brings up a good point though...what are the sounds they are playing between songs and what are they trying to do with the whole "spaceship" feel of their show? The break while the men in white set up the 2nd drum set and the laser things moved into place being the most notable. The crew wearing all white were on stage multiple times during the night. Anybody have a clue as to what the significance of all that furturistic/spaceshippy shit is? It doesn't seem to really fit for Tool...but then again who am I to wave my finger.
OFFLINE |  
plansxyandz
07-13-2007, 07:22 AM

Yeah, Recon - rapport. Tired and stoopid since I just got in from the parking lot... around 10:07AM... Hey, Tweeter Center, get your collective shit together. You must have had 809 people working the lot - not one of them attentive or all that helpful. Sound was good thankfully. Nightmare organization however.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah, Recon - rapport. Tired and stoopid since I just got in from the parking lot... around 10:07AM... Hey, Tweeter Center, get your collective shit together. You must have had 809 people working the lot - not one of them attentive or all that helpful. Sound was good thankfully. Nightmare organization however.
OFFLINE |  
Rod's Avatar Rod
07-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist
“’n I’ll keep singing - because I feel something”
Messed around a bit
46&2 (gong hit)
Schism (gong hit)
Rosetta Stoned
Broke out some new jam, played it for a few minutes
Pushit – rode it like a bitch
Is that 3rd eye……? No way
Flood! Full album version

In the end Pushit pwnd Flood, Danny threw a sick extended roll into the intro of Flood, pretty funny

Intermission, Maynard and Danny wandered off, peoples minds seemed sufficiently blown at this point.

Wings 1&2
Lateralus – Best ever? Coady Willis was the luckiest man in the house last night …. Including whoever Maynard took home. You could tell the guy cherished the moment, an awesome display of musicianship. He was given a full kit to play and he exchanged chops with DC, back and forth, so sweet, Justin knelt in apparent worship while sipping a frosty beverage. Total class by Tool, bringing a player up like that and jamming.

“Be safe on your way home tonight, I know a lot of you have been drinking, … try to resist the urge to fuck a relative….”
Vicarious

Among many highlights Rosetta Stoned may have been the clincher for me. I think DC morphed into an alien at one point, at least it looked that way in the lighting, it was almost disturbing…. I’ll explain more tomorrow, I’m hoping this part of the show remains the same tonight.

Insane show. Amazing really. Very glad I went. This was maybe my 12th show. Band came on at 8:55 and ended it at 10:55. I wouldn’t say they came on early…. Looked like they mayyyyy have contemplated one more tune at the end, Jones didn’t want to take his guitar off, but alas - no dice. Que Abba's 'Dancing Queen' and we're out....

Thank you Tool.

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.

Last edited by Rod; 07-13-2007 at 07:38 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #34
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist
“’n I’ll keep singing - because I feel something”
Messed around a bit
46&2 (gong hit)
Schism (gong hit)
Rosetta Stoned
Broke out some new jam, played it for a few minutes
Pushit – rode it like a bitch
Is that 3rd eye……? No way
Flood! Full album version

In the end Pushit pwnd Flood, Danny threw a sick extended roll into the intro of Flood, pretty funny

Intermission, Maynard and Danny wandered off, peoples minds seemed sufficiently blown at this point.

Wings 1&2
Lateralus – Best ever? Coady Willis was the luckiest man in the house last night …. Including whoever Maynard took home. You could tell the guy cherished the moment, an awesome display of musicianship. He was given a full kit to play and he exchanged chops with DC, back and forth, so sweet, Justin knelt in apparent worship while sipping a frosty beverage. Total class by Tool, bringing a player up like that and jamming.

“Be safe on your way home tonight, I know a lot of you have been drinking, … try to resist the urge to fuck a relative….”
Vicarious

Among many highlights Rosetta Stoned may have been the clincher for me. I think DC morphed into an alien at one point, at least it looked that way in the lighting, it was almost disturbing…. I’ll explain more tomorrow, I’m hoping this part of the show remains the same tonight.

Insane show. Amazing really. Very glad I went. This was maybe my 12th show. Band came on at 8:55 and ended it at 10:55. I wouldn’t say they came on early…. Looked like they mayyyyy have contemplated one more tune at the end, Jones didn’t want to take his guitar off, but alas - no dice. Que Abba's 'Dancing Queen' and we're out....

Thank you Tool.

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.

Last edited by Rod; 07-13-2007 at 07:38 AM..
OFFLINE |  
toolchick17
07-13-2007, 07:39 AM

Ahh another I commented on to my friend who I went with:

Three lighting rings: left ring focused on Adam, middle on Danny, right on Justin.

Nothing is ever focused on Maynard. He used to be so much more animated in concerts but the past few years he's stepped into the shadows on stage and let the group run the show. Maynard has been seeming selfish lately, walking off stage during the applause while Justin, Danny, and Adam continue to smile and have a good time with the crowd IMO Danny, with assistance from Justin, carries the band. He is by far the greatest drummer I've heard and could go out and do so much more with any other band but chooses to stay with Tool.

Oh yeah, Ghostwriter, your set list is a touch off.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Ahh another I commented on to my friend who I went with:

Three lighting rings: left ring focused on Adam, middle on Danny, right on Justin.

Nothing is ever focused on Maynard. He used to be so much more animated in concerts but the past few years he's stepped into the shadows on stage and let the group run the show. Maynard has been seeming selfish lately, walking off stage during the applause while Justin, Danny, and Adam continue to smile and have a good time with the crowd IMO Danny, with assistance from Justin, carries the band. He is by far the greatest drummer I've heard and could go out and do so much more with any other band but chooses to stay with Tool.

Oh yeah, Ghostwriter, your set list is a touch off.
07-13-2007, 07:40 AM

Due to the fact that the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA sucks more than a black hole, we missed three quarters of Jambi. And when we got to our overpriced pavilion seats, they were so far off to the right of the stage that Danny’s drums sounded like a rain of turds hitting a windowpane. The sound absolutely sucked, so I couldn’t tell you how good the band was pulling off the early part of the set. Combined with the constant parade of alleged Tool fans constantly coming and going through our row, I finally abandoned my overpriced pavilion seats and sought out the high ground at the middle of the lawn, where partial visual contact with the band was made up for by the excellent sound.

Once there with my dosed friends, we were rewarded for our efforts by the band unleashing “Pushit” and “Flood.” It was perhaps one of the finest live moments I’ve ever shared at a Tool concert (and I’ve been seeing them since Lollapalooza ‘93). Truly moving. To me, these two songs were the peak of the night, and they never even came close to raising power like that again, even with the very strong “Vicarious” at the end.

If I had any complaints about the setlist, it would be with “Wings->10,000 Days.” I don’t care if people consider this blasphemy. While I respect the intent of the piece, I feel that it is a tremendous time waster, as was Danny’s drum solo (everything he plays is a drum solo!). After all the cost and hassle to get to the show, I’d like more sonic/metaphysical ass kicking please.

But whatever—they’re still the best live rock and roll band on the planet, and they know it. They’re the Led Zeppelin of the early 21st century, and the fact that there were so many younger people there gives me hope that rock and roll will stay alive at least for another generation.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:40 AM   #36

Bincount™: 1

Due to the fact that the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA sucks more than a black hole, we missed three quarters of Jambi. And when we got to our overpriced pavilion seats, they were so far off to the right of the stage that Danny’s drums sounded like a rain of turds hitting a windowpane. The sound absolutely sucked, so I couldn’t tell you how good the band was pulling off the early part of the set. Combined with the constant parade of alleged Tool fans constantly coming and going through our row, I finally abandoned my overpriced pavilion seats and sought out the high ground at the middle of the lawn, where partial visual contact with the band was made up for by the excellent sound.

Once there with my dosed friends, we were rewarded for our efforts by the band unleashing “Pushit” and “Flood.” It was perhaps one of the finest live moments I’ve ever shared at a Tool concert (and I’ve been seeing them since Lollapalooza ‘93). Truly moving. To me, these two songs were the peak of the night, and they never even came close to raising power like that again, even with the very strong “Vicarious” at the end.

If I had any complaints about the setlist, it would be with “Wings->10,000 Days.” I don’t care if people consider this blasphemy. While I respect the intent of the piece, I feel that it is a tremendous time waster, as was Danny’s drum solo (everything he plays is a drum solo!). After all the cost and hassle to get to the show, I’d like more sonic/metaphysical ass kicking please.

But whatever—they’re still the best live rock and roll band on the planet, and they know it. They’re the Led Zeppelin of the early 21st century, and the fact that there were so many younger people there gives me hope that rock and roll will stay alive at least for another generation.
07-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchiefbc View Post
Also, right before they kicked into Pushit, Justin was f'in around with some slides that sounded suspiciously like Intension for about 10-12 seconds
Yeah, and I was sitting there PRAYING that they played Flood instead of Right in Two, and as soon as I heard that (the Intension sounds), I got kinda disappointed. But then it all got much better.

Last edited by weathermantom; 07-13-2007 at 07:55 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchiefbc View Post
Also, right before they kicked into Pushit, Justin was f'in around with some slides that sounded suspiciously like Intension for about 10-12 seconds
Yeah, and I was sitting there PRAYING that they played Flood instead of Right in Two, and as soon as I heard that (the Intension sounds), I got kinda disappointed. But then it all got much better.

Last edited by weathermantom; 07-13-2007 at 07:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
CBJB
07-13-2007, 08:04 AM

Fantastic show!

Setlist, stage, lights/lighters, absolutely incredible.

This show was meant to be played for Kings, you peons with the slightest of complaints should feel lucky you were exposed to such greatness.

See ya in portland....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Fantastic show!

Setlist, stage, lights/lighters, absolutely incredible.

This show was meant to be played for Kings, you peons with the slightest of complaints should feel lucky you were exposed to such greatness.

See ya in portland....
OFFLINE |  
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
07-13-2007, 08:51 AM

What a memorable moment - coming down from Pushit then hearing the first notes of Flood.

It was a great view from 3rd row center. Caught a water bottle from Maynard.

Lateralus with the drum-a-thon was amazing.

Rosetta Stoned is too vocally garbled/distorted and WFM & 10,000 Days is better experienced with headphones. These songs have great lasers/visuals, but next time around I hope they retire them and replace with full version Intension & Right in Two and Eulogy or Prison Sex.

Vicarious is not as strong a closing song as Aenema was. That song has such great live energy and ends on a strong note. Pushit would be a fucking amazing closing song. "It will end no other waaay!”

We all have our own opinions and favorites and can dream about the ultimate setlist.

The sound, the fucked up people around us and the traffic may suck at times, but the whole musical experience of TOOL LIVE is always great.

Rock the fuck on Tool.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

What a memorable moment - coming down from Pushit then hearing the first notes of Flood.

It was a great view from 3rd row center. Caught a water bottle from Maynard.

Lateralus with the drum-a-thon was amazing.

Rosetta Stoned is too vocally garbled/distorted and WFM & 10,000 Days is better experienced with headphones. These songs have great lasers/visuals, but next time around I hope they retire them and replace with full version Intension & Right in Two and Eulogy or Prison Sex.

Vicarious is not as strong a closing song as Aenema was. That song has such great live energy and ends on a strong note. Pushit would be a fucking amazing closing song. "It will end no other waaay!”

We all have our own opinions and favorites and can dream about the ultimate setlist.

The sound, the fucked up people around us and the traffic may suck at times, but the whole musical experience of TOOL LIVE is always great.

Rock the fuck on Tool.
OFFLINE |  
recon_boy
07-13-2007, 08:56 AM

I'm still in awe of the whole thing...although I guess it definitely pays to get seats up front at that venue for sure.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm still in awe of the whole thing...although I guess it definitely pays to get seats up front at that venue for sure.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 10:15 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply