opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 06-30-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10
My reasoning for sober is quite simple

I remember reading from a website that the song was written about an actual person who was ridiculed for using drugs as a tool for his songwriting. I dont know if this is true or not, but I like to think of that when I try to interpret what the video means.

I think the box is his fix. The atmosphere of the video is very dark and gloomy, and the character's eyes are sewn shut, symbolizing that he doesnt have any artistic vision while he is sober. Due to such ridicule he hides his box, and debates whether he should open it or not. When he does finally open it, you see other characters, such as the camera looking guy, whom I think symbolizes the watchdog for whoever is ridiculing him. After he opens the box you see the little man floating, and seeing a light (and being sucked in to it it seems), the character takes a peice off a pipe and see's some sort of living, intestine-like, thing going through it, as if he see's more than whats really there, as if everything comes alive.

Thats just kind of how I interpret it.

Last edited by Chuckie; 06-30-2003 at 12:52 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
yes, I think that idea of the eyes being sewn shut thing is very insightful. Now, I heard Adam's point of view about the song, questioning why cant we do these things, but I refuse to believe it. The song says, I am just a worthless lier, I am just an imbiscile..etc. thats how the world looks at you. and, in the video, after he gets his fix, he floats up in the air, (gets high) but falls back down and his head breaks open. How appealing..
Old 11-19-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: My reasoning for sober is quite simple

I agree with chuckie thats how I figured it.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 378

Fred Stuhr directed this video.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:11 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Exactly same way as i was thinking. Box symbolises the drugs, levitation is gettin high, he cant think without it, sees whats really going on and so on. Damn! I thought I was wrong...
Old 02-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

who is fred stuhr?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: