opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
You have GOT to see this ANTI TOOL website!!

Ok guys, I know this is not about the song but it is about TooL, please check out this website. I posted this on some of the other album boards because I want to share this with as many TooL fans as possible.

/http://www.toolband-sucks.com/tool1.htm

I can't believe these people. I read the whole site and I can't believe that they have access to all that information about TooL and don't even begin to see the message the band try's to convey in their music. It blows my mind.

On another off topic note. For those of you who don't know Maynards mother just died 6/18/03 and I noticed on TooL's official site that her name is Judith. Well my point is, read the lyrics to the song Judith on A Perfect Circle. And it's fairly obvious that he is talking about his mother or should I say talking to her.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:13 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17
im pretty sure most people have seen that site, and im pretty sure tha most people made the connection between maynard's mother and the song judith when they saw her name.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

wow that website was complete bullshit

Its pretty funny how that stupid bitch has a full website dedicated to informing parents about tool. How can you be so retarded to think that music changes a person. That lady should be hung under a burning flame and shot at with a bow and arrow at the same time. This is the email I sent her.

You are a worthless person with no life. Music does not change someons life you ignorant fool. Why dont you use your time to do something other than ragging on tool for being a great band. Oh I forgot your too blind to see that. Bottom line you are a MORON! Have fun rallying up other ignorant parents to BAN OUR CHILDREN FROM TOOL!
S**K A FATTY!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Re: wow that website was complete bullshit

Quote:
Originally posted by hatred in a jar
Its pretty funny how that stupid bitch has a full website dedicated to informing parents about tool. How can you be so retarded to think that music changes a person. That lady should be hung under a burning flame and shot at with a bow and arrow at the same time. This is the email I sent her.

You are a worthless person with no life. Music does not change someons life you ignorant fool. Why dont you use your time to do something other than ragging on tool for being a great band. Oh I forgot your too blind to see that. Bottom line you are a MORON! Have fun rallying up other ignorant parents to BAN OUR CHILDREN FROM TOOL!
S**K A FATTY!
Wow, that'll cut her deep...
Old 06-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

but seriously who would make a full webpage about that, there is definitly something wrong with that hoe. she thinks kids who listen to tool turn into baby rapers that shoot up schools and shit. hahaha that website was amusing though
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Hmm...

I find it odd how this person takes segments from interveiws with Danny or Maynard and simply highlights words like 'occult' and 'magick' without saying anything remotely intelligent about them. If this person has a problem with Tool's interest in the occult then she should at least explain why. My guess is she's a self-righteous Christian waving her dogmas in everyones' face. "DRR OKULT = SATN!!!1!11~~oneoneone OMGWTFBBQNAFTA!!!!111~~oneone". This person annoys me.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:55 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I wonder if this person has actually even listened to any of Tool's cds... I highly doubt this, I'm sure they're too afraid of being "hypnotized" into going on a mass murder rampage or practicing "magick" or joining a cult or something.

What the band members do in their personal lives is none of anybody else's business. None of the music nor lyrics have really anything to do with "magick" or anything. this is absurd that somebody would be so anti anything.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

anybody know why they highlighted this?

"The moral of this spattering of random information: CARPE DIEM! You never know when someone's going to throw your country into turmoil, stick a knife in you or drop a nuclear bomb on you. Embrace today in case tomorrow never comes... "

LOL!!!!

I think they just highlighted it because of the foreign language!!!! Carpe Diem means sieze the day!!! this is GOOD ADVICE!!!! AND THEY HIGHLIGHTED IT!!!! FUCKING DUMBASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"We at Toolband have just uncovered a curious little piece of information to support the idea that the celestial invader (SEE JULY 10) may indeed be the tenth planet of our solar system."

this was highlighted even though it is only about a planet. I guess the word "celestial" ranks up there with "magick" and "occult" in the weird words index huh?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

re:

"Look around your home. Tables, chairs, desks, beds and other things all require a maker."

Yeah, it's called a carpenter, moron.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-12-2003, 11:36 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

re:

I think if music has more control than the parents have over children than there is something wrong with the parents... not the parents not with the music.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

unbelievable

That site is the most ubelievable site I have ever read.

"What is your choice?: The foundation of the new world is being formed. By choosing God's law and accepting Christ in your heart, you shall have eternal life. The other choice is to be cut-off forever. God cares for us. Soon he will provide an earthly paradise. Do you want to live in that Paradise? If so, accept Christ into your heart and life now."

Ironic that they're accusing Tool of brainwashing people.

It is also ironic that while listening to Tool, I am calm and happy, but while reading that bullshit I have the urge to kill every ultra conservative christian fuck that made it. While they say they are "trying to save the world from Tool and the violence they encourage," they are really just provoking it out of me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-31-2003, 04:39 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

wow...

I just went to that website... wow... my mind is fried. I do not agree with it one bit, but I do have to say that thinking music can't change anyones life, that is just ignorant. The reason I listen to TOOL is because they changed my life in a very positive manner. Their albums have helped me grow and continue to help me grow on a daily basis. Bettering my attitude on life with each level I raise. So do not state that music cannot change someones life. Because it clearly can. More bands than even Tool can bring you some sort of cleansing or bring you toward a new attitude every single day. But whatever... Whatever floats your boat, if you will. And websites like the anti tool one are just as justified as this one is. He has a voice as well. Just hear and read it. It is your choice whether or not to absorb it. You are just as ignorant if you go about telling him how he is wrong in a disrespectful way. Debate things people. Anger is not needed. It just fuels arguments. Arguments are not near as fun as debates.

LEARN TO SWIM
SKYWALKER
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2003, 09:50 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

"Gods gift of free choice"

I read that entire website and found no email address to send feedback to...i will just send here to fellow tool fans...

"God's gift of free choice: Do you appreciate having the freedom to choose what you will do and say, eat or wear, what kind of work you will do, and how you will live? Or would you want someone to dictate your every word and action every moment of your life. No normal person wants his life taken out of his control because of the way God made us. God created man in his image and likeness, and one of the faculties of God is freedom of choice. The desire for freedom is no accident, for God is a God of freedom. God gave us the ability to think, weigh matters, make decisions and to know right from wrong. Free will is based upon intelligent choice. We were not created to act out of instinct as are animals. Our brain is designed to work in harmony with our freedom of choice."

Now lets read that first line again:
"Do you appreciate having the freedom to choose what you will do and say, eat or wear, what kind of work you will do, and how you will live?"

My responce: Yes. I also like having the freedom to choose my own music and listen to it freely and i do not like having websites put out against those bands that have greately influenced my musical and spiritual outlook such as tool.

Thank you i am 15 peace

-----------------

OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:03 AM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarter Critter
I read that entire website and found no email address to send feedback to...i will just send here to fellow tool fans...
Click the Mail link...scroll to the bottom of the page where you'll find the mailto: [email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: You have GOT to see this ANTI TOOL website!!

Yeah,Maynard had the same childhood as Stapp in Creed.His parents try to raise him on a religion that he isn't interested in.
He is basically telling his mother Judith that he doesn't agree with her god and is trying to tell her "look at all the hell you have been through,why do you still have faith in this religion?"His mother has bad luck like Job in the Bible and Maynard is wondering why she keeps the faith.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

well I sent those weirdos a nice well thougt out email. maybe they gonna post it (not likely). You all can see how I throw their faith in their face.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-27-2003, 09:36 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Of course they aren't going to post it. They obviously aren't big on the "free speech" aspect.

If they had any confidence at all in their standpoint, they would post a forum for us to make our case in. Then at least we could be certain that they aren't posting the letters they feel they can answer easiest. Everyone's opinion would be expressed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-30-2003, 06:22 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatred in a jar
S**K A FATTY!
So tool hasn't changed your life? I'm sure you'll say it did if a tool fan asked you. By the way, you misspelled three words - so watch who you call a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatred in a jar
but seriously who would make a full webpage about that, there is definitly something wrong with that hoe. she thinks kids who listen to tool turn into baby rapers that shoot up schools and shit. hahaha that website was amusing though
Ummm, they never said anything like that. The website focuses on the hypnotic nature of the music and the way it can effect you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic2006
Carpe Diem means sieze the day!!! this is GOOD ADVICE!!!! AND THEY HIGHLIGHTED IT!!!! FUCKING DUMBASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good advice in who's eyes? Some people look at siezing the day as something negative. Meaning, using everyday to just be a wastefull, junky, burden to society because you are the most important thing in your life. Your days are more important than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I just went to that website... wow... my mind is fried. I do not agree with it one bit, but I do have to say that thinking music can't change anyones life, that is just ignorant. The reason I listen to TOOL is because they changed my life in a very positive manner. Their albums have helped me grow and continue to help me grow on a daily basis. Bettering my attitude on life with each level I raise. So do not state that music cannot change someones life. Because it clearly can. More bands than even Tool can bring you some sort of cleansing or bring you toward a new attitude every single day. But whatever... Whatever floats your boat, if you will. And websites like the anti tool one are just as justified as this one is. He has a voice as well. Just hear and read it. It is your choice whether or not to absorb it. You are just as ignorant if you go about telling him how he is wrong in a disrespectful way. Debate things people. Anger is not needed. It just fuels arguments. Arguments are not near as fun as debates.

LEARN TO SWIM
SKYWALKER
Here's an intelligent chap. I like what you had to say, but it only makes me want to point something out. Once tool followers admit they are more than just tool listeners, why don't you stop and realize you are following a psychology that is destructive, isolated, and new. If it's new, it can't be true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard
Of course they aren't going to post it. They obviously aren't big on the "free speech" aspect.

If they had any confidence at all in their standpoint, they would post a forum for us to make our case in. Then at least we could be certain that they aren't posting the letters they feel they can answer easiest. Everyone's opinion would be expressed.
But it would be filled with a lot of this:

die you cocksucker, motherfucker, Jesus humper....etc :)

And we say tool Doesn't make us violent eh?....

BTW I am a die hard tool fan and follower, I think most of us here are hypocrites to the core and stand up for shit just as much as the people who stand against us - every one of us is just a piece of meat trying to find meaning.
I have found love and truth in Jesus Christ - does that make me anti-tool...I don't think so. Does it make me feeble and weak...I don't think so. Does it make me unique....certainly not. But has arguably changed more lives than any rock band has ever thought of. It was worth checking out....and I think you should too. Not what people tell you it is, but what it really is and forever will be.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-10-2003, 07:54 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-bay-be
I think if music has more control than the parents have over children than there is something wrong with the parents... not the parents not with the music.
Exactly!!! Blaming music for the childrens' problems is just an easy way out!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

I think everyone needs to quit accusing and labeling everyone else and just enjoy the music.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2003, 05:41 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

dude

if you really think that site's so bad, do this:

go to www.toolbandlyrics.com.

now, go back to toolband-sucks.com

tell me if they look EXACTLY the same.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

also

may i add that the alestair crowley dude sued the site for using his studies illegally.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
There is more violence in the bible and occult themes then their is in Tool's lyrics yet you don't see readers of the bible behaving in negative ways.

--- --- ---

"The more scientist study the earth, the more they realize that it is uniquely designed for human habitation. It is just the right distance from the sun to get the proper amount of light and heat. The earth rotates on it's own axis every 24 hours, providing regular period of light and darkness. Its has an atmosphere with just the right mixture of gases so we can breathe and be protected from damaging radiation for space. It also has the vital water an soil need to grow food. Without all those factors, and others working together, life would be impossible. Was all of that an accident?"

Um, alright. Does anyone else see anything very fucked up here? Please, it would be nice if no Chiristian ever use that "theory" again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alobaraparabola
There is more violence in the bible and occult themes then their is in Tool's lyrics yet you don't see readers of the bible behaving in negative ways.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...he+crusades%22
Old 09-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #27
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Re: also

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoman364
may i add that the alestair crowley dude sued the site for using his studies illegally.
Why of course you can say that. It wouldn't surprise me that he'd manage his nefarious retribution from beyond the veil. ; )
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2003, 09:03 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

You guys have to understand that those people are in a state of comfort with their religion and they are scared to experince new feelings. Most people are selfish, they love having the feeling that once they die it's not over. They still get to go to a "heaven" with "golden streets" and be happy forever. THEY are the brainwashed ones. They are decieving their own selves.

TooL is always pushing you to free your mind and let nothing control you!! And to quote Bill Hicks from the opening of 3rd EYE "put yourself in a state of vurnerable, unknowingness" Which means quit trying to predict the afterlife and just accept the fact that you don't know "who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chaos." We don't need "rules and regulations" like religion to "comfort us, with their view of reality"

Now why would TooL contradict their own music by brainwashing us? "God" is the one who tries to govern it's followers by fear and control with the leash...I mean Bible, NOT TooL!! Those people are close minded and I am just so happy I am not "brainwashed" by their religous crutch.

Last edited by T00L; 09-27-2003 at 11:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet proof
Doh...uh...I mean I was being sarcastic :P

Maybe I shoud have rephrased my statement. I meant the violence and occult themes themselves didn't have a negative impact on their readers, in general. What caused the crusades was taking the text too seriously.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-29-2003, 06:22 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alobaraparabola
"The more scientist study the earth, the more they realize that it is uniquely designed for human habitation. It is just the right distance from the sun to get the proper amount of light and heat. The earth rotates on it's own axis every 24 hours, providing regular period of light and darkness. Its has an atmosphere with just the right mixture of gases so we can breathe and be protected from damaging radiation for space. It also has the vital water an soil need to grow food. Without all those factors, and others working together, life would be impossible. Was all of that an accident?"

Um, alright. Does anyone else see anything very fucked up here? Please, it would be nice if no Chiristian ever use that "theory" again.

I usually don't laugh out loud when I'm by myself, but when I read this on that site, I did. That was great.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-30-2003, 04:41 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

I hope that those of you who are talking against christian religions are basing your oppinions on the people like the one that wrote the web site. If you consider just about any religion, you would be able to see that if nothing else, they teach to be a good person. I am a somewhat religous catholic, and I don't believe that there is any brainwashing involved with religion. It is similar to tool music in that it teaches you to see whats beyond what we know. Whether it's right or not is up to you. I believe it to be true. However, many people do not follow many of the basic teachings. These people then contribute toward a negative stereotype. Christianity teaches to be open to others. This person is obviously not open, or just downright missing the point. I have not found any violent messages in any tool songs I have heard. Without thinking about these songs, they are easily misenterperated. I doubt that we are interpreting entirley correctly, but thats not what really matters. So I guess if thats what they really believe is the point of tool's songs, so be it. I think I completely strayed off what I wanted to say, but oh well. I hope it didn't sound preachy or anything.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:03 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

You all need to look at the big picture... we are one of the most insignificant things in the universe. Think of how many people have lived and died and nobody will remember these people after a couple years. They are gone and vanish. I read an artical on the page that the lady made and it was trying to explain that for one creation there has to be a greater creator. This is a bunch of bullshit. The idea alone of a god is so outrageous it makes me sick. Mankind is based on religion... now we are finally finding out that we are alone. We are as insignificant as the little ant that I just stepped on. We are just the most complex organism on the planet so we have to lean on somthing... so a bunch of guys get together and make up a man who has a son (but no wife) that we have no idea what the hell he looks like, what he is composed of, if he is human, if he isn't then is he a mutant human? And why do we worship him with not one bit of a shred of evidence (actually now that science has progressed throughout the years we can actually prove that the first human being was black from africa and how many times have we proven over and over that we come from apes and now that I am in college they decided to start actually giving us information to back up the big bang theory. I cannot believe that they withold all of this information. But I can not say that religeon is a bad thing. I dont think we would have any social order without it so i cannot say i wish it away. But i will not be the poor sap that spends his small insignificant shred of time on earth worshiping somthing that doesnt exist. Think of how stupid people would feel if they actually proved that there is NO god. It would be mass suicide. I would love to hear some more peoples points of view on the subject and I love to hear new arguments against religion. It is one of my favorite subjects.... GrOn Dæba+
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-25-2003, 10:17 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Ok ... you guys want the big picture? You can eat healthy and live healthy ... but you'll still die!

-Pushit, Tool
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-29-2003, 02:41 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

closed-mindedness, and stereotyping

I don't like how so many people are stereotyping christians as horrible, closed-minded, controlling people.

I'm a christian, and I don't see any of this present in my church. And the crusades weren't so much as christianity so much as European Quests for power. European Nations only used religion to wrongly try and justify and their power struggles and mask their greed.

of course we want to reach people, but we know that being forceful and controlling is not the way to do that, and it's wrong.

This lady just missed the entire point. the point of god and tool.
god gave us choice. tool helps to show us that we have choice.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-30-2003, 01:35 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

religion is a disgusting thing that insults our very individuality and intelligence. Man, the living, creating individual, is always more important than any established system or style. The last thing we want to do is limit ourselves. And religions tend to...seperate people- because they each have their own doctrine, and then the doctrine becomes their gospel of truth that you cannot change. Work out your OWN salvation with diligence. If we have any chance to succeed at recreating the world around us, we cant let differences divide us. We owe it to life, to the earth, and to ourselves. If we dont do it, who else will?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Here's what i sent to them

Im sure that you recieve an incredible amount of emails in response to the anti-tool page. Many of them, I can imagine, would be obscene or offensive in more ways than one.
I have no intention of doing so, but I question the reason for the existence of such a website. Surely Tool are not responsible for the downfall of morality and sense in society today. Perhaps, in your mind, they are in fact a culmination of all the things that have twisted the perception of the youth of today. Moral decay has been around for a lot longer than Tool, and personaly, I view moral decay as the reason for Tool being a bad influence over the young and impressionable.
I am 17 years old, I have listened to Tool on an infrequent basis for the past two years. I have seen what it can do to me. I have seen the result of this trance, the numbing effect it has on the mind afterwards, and the negative attitude I have afterwards. With time I have learned to use this trance responsibly. It has aided me trancend to the next level of existence.

And the references towards Crowley and the Occult... people beleive in these things for the same reason as you beleive in Christianity... it all comes down to perception. Whatever people beleive to be true will always be true within their own mind, regardless of what others think or say. To say that you are correct and others are wrong is to deny the human ability of choice and the fact that they probably know what they're talking about.

This letter was not intended to try to change your mind. I've made it obvious that your beleifs are your own to hold, and no-one can take that from you. I cant make you change your site, because its a valid form of expression towards your beleifs. But I dont think you have any right to tell parents what they should let their kids listen to. The parents should have instilled enough common sense into the child so that they wont go out and start doing moraly objectionable things. Tool are not a degree of degradation, they are simply a means of escape for the thousands of kids who see a fundemental flaw in the life they've been led to beleive.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2003, 08:58 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 360

It's all true.

"Anderson, a 50-year-old father of two who calls himself a "heavy-metal fan," says he was particularly unsettled by lyrics like, "Maybe I should just shoot you myself."

"I mean, what kind of message is that?" he asks."

I thought Blair ran that website?
Who else would have that much knowledge of ritual magick?
Either way, I'm 90% certain that it's just Tool's idea of a marketing campaign. And a hilarious one, at that.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:19 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

O.K., it appears we've all established the idea of whoever put this site up being a total dumbass, but I think some of you are making some stereotypes about religion. It appears that most of you see religion as the smothering, sheep-like belief system. I think this belief is probably one of the biggest reasons people do not go to some kind of place of worship. I am christian, and I go to more of a non-denominational church, which is to say for those of you who do not know, more casual environment. I'm not trying to convert everybody here, but I see alot of people saying that all churches are just lemmings falling off of cliffs. Believe what you want to believe, but one of the things we believe at my church is that you cannot force someone to accept what you believe as true. We just present our side of story and pretty much leave it up to you to see if you want to believe what we do. So not all churches are pressuring you to "enlist" in their ranks, if you will.

This person is pretty much doing the opposite. He/She seems like the brainwasher here, and is pressuring you to feel morally obligated to make your children stop listening to TooL with these, quite frankly, half-baked ideas. One of the things I have found out is that probably the best way to strengthen your faith (in whatever) is to defend it. You feel what you believe in is right and in a debate of ideas, you will find out things you never knew via your teammates/backers, who possibly know more in a given area than you do, or you will see that thorugh the facts, your viewpoint is wrong and now join them in their beliefs. One of the stupidest things that set the tone for the whole site is the statement that TooL is brainwashing us into buying more C.D.'s to replace others (that have been lost, broken, etc.). HOW GODDAMNSTUPID CAN YOU BE? If I break one of my 311 C.D.'s, I will replace it I guarantee it. BUT IT IS BECAUSE I LIKE THE MUSIC, NOT BECAUSE IT IS FROM SATAN!!! Yes, there is such a thing as "liking music" (if you can imagine that...). I wonder if this person lost one of their christian C.D.'s if they would replace it...gasp!...christian music is from the devil, going by this person's logic! Unless TooL worships the devil outright, and not by some lie and coincidences, I will listen to TooL to the day I die, AND I WILL ADMIT THAT IN CHURCH!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2003, 09:51 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

i dont find it that offensive i guess. at first i thought it was annoying and quite stupid of the person to put up a site like that but now it doesnt bother me much.... so what if Tool puts us in a trance like state? if we enjoy it and we're not dropping dead every 3 seconds then im sure that its not a bad trance... why are trances so bad anyway? what harm is it doing? and all that stuff about how children get violent and what not, well... the concepts that Tool is trying to convey may be extreamly hard for a child to grasp and in result to a lack of comprehension, the child may actually become violent. i mean, its just like "well duh, its going to be hard for a 9 or 10 year old to think about what Tool is saying" ya know? and as for the replacement of our Tool albums when one is stolen, scratched, and broken, thats bullshit and makes me wonder if this isnt some sort of fake website but still... just the same, maybe we are hypnotized into buying another but who cares? and i think if this applies to all the Tool albums, then it should apply to every single CD that anyone has ever replaced. this person just isnt very smart or capable of complicated thought. just my thoughts on the matter :)

Last edited by ne pleurez pas; 12-05-2003 at 09:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #40
Level 7 - Loquacious

deep, "subliminal messages" are actually fucking amazing. i mean, to really understand what the lyrics are about is wicked. wtf @ subliminal messages LOL. more like, opening our eyes to whats actually real, rather than looking at your superficial bs all day.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: