opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 11-27-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
chakras

Each of the seven chakras plays vital functional roles in our physical body and in our normal subjective consciousness. The chakras are the means by which the functions of the all of the vehicles, including our physical body, are carried out. The actual functions and attributes of the chakras with regard to our physical body is an involved topic, many complex claims are put forth in this regard. There is generally an overlapping and sharing of functions amongst the chakras. Also, the description of the functions of the chakras is not simply physiological, but psychological as well. Thus, when discussing the chakra's functions we are relating physiological functions with psychological behaviors.

Generally speaking however, the three lower chakras (the root, belly and solar plexus chakras) correlate to basic primary needs - those of survival, procreation and will - and have a larger physiological component to their functioning. The four higher chakras are more related to our psychological makeup: the heart, throat and third eye chakras are more advanced and more mature, defining love, communication and knowledge; the crown chakra is purely spiritual, providing the connection to the universe beyond.

The Third Eye is a chakra that can be opened by the use of certain drugs (i.e. LSD, mushrooms, ect...) hence "Prying Open My Third Eye", which just what one does during an "experience". Though I see the primary goal for the use of these drugs to dig deeper into our own minds, they should not be abused, but once you get used to being in that state you should strive for it again, without the drug. That is something that I should start practicing myself...
Old 12-02-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Thank you. That was very interesting and informative. It did the nice credit of simplifying the chakra system for someone who is new to the study to base their research on. Very cool.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: