opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Make it stop

I think our little friend has uncovered something that he regrets uncovering. The contents of the box has poisoned him, and he wishes to be free of the knowledge (or sobriety) that he has found.

To me, "Sober" means awake. Awake to the sometimes awful truths of life, which we would possibly be better off without, depending on how you look at it.

I don't think I'm especially enlightened, but I sometimes wonder why I don't just quit digging sometimes. The ever-tempting box is always beckoning...and it often poisons me when I open it. Of course, I'll keep looking...and I'll probably be keeping myself "Sober" in the meantime...

Dammit.

(this thought was brought to you by...a very special fungus)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 35
Re: Make it stop

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squirrel Herpes [/i]
[B]To me, "Sober" means awake. Awake to the sometimes awful truths of life, which we would possibly be better off without, depending on how you look at it.
[...]

Of course, I'll keep looking...and I'll probably be keeping myself "Sober" in the meantime... [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm the kind of person who wants to know everything
that's going on. I hate surprizes (even birthday related),
and I hate being left in the dark. I always try (usually
successfully) to not only accept constructive criticism,
but welcome it.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: Make it stop

For someone who feared the dark until the age of about 12, i think its unusual how now its in the dark where i like it the most. I prefer nights, something about it opens my creativity. I get migraines a hell of a lot due to sunlight. Maybe in the dark my mind just clears up and i can think.... maybe this is my type of "sober" ?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: