opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 1. Sweat
User Name
Password
Old 05-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Heard this in a movie...

I thought Tool didn't let people use their songs in movies (a la howard stern's private parts)...but I was surprised to hear this song towards the beginning of "Escape from L.A."

P.S. What is the relation of Snake Plisken from MGS to Snake Plissken of Escape from L.A./N.Y.? Both sound the same, look the same, act like badasses...same person?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
I was a little surprised to her Schism playing during some VH1 "The Rock" special......

Not sure abuot the Snake relation, though.

-Tant
Old 06-18-2003, 12:29 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 55
And I heard a good portion of the Grudge on I think some Real World/Road Rules thing.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

I saw some stupid self-motivation movie at my school during the day and i was suprised when Tool was mentioned in the opening credits. During the movie, i heard Schism come on and I thought that was cool and all, but they butchered the shit out of the song. They cut out like all of the best parts. Pretty lame, but cool to get a taste of Tool during a stupid school assembly.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:50 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

The creator of MGS said that he got the idea for Solid Snake from Snake Plisken...so, it's not a coincidence. Notice how in MGS2, Snake's alias is Irquois Plissken? :p
Old 07-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67
Parabola/Grudge

I heard Parabola on MTV during some special on "Signs" and I heard the Grudge on that Road Rules episode with the race-cars. What's the deal, I thought they could only use singles on the air, does that mean that "The Grudge" is a new single off Lateralus? I thought so and wrote to Tool and they answered and said that there was a chance they would make a video for another Tool song. SAWEET!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Sweat was in the Escape From L.A. soundtrack just for exposure purposes. And if you heard Schism on any rock show, the F.C.C. allows any company to use up to 30 seconds of anyone's music without permission. Any longer than that though, they'd have to obtain permission from the artist/label. Just remember, Mtv utilizes this a lot.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:52 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

lol no wonder, ive heard tool music in the background in lots of things, especially a perfect circle songs.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Re: Heard this in a movie...

Well...first off, l believe the Escape from L.A/N.Y were meant to be connected...l mean, they used the same actor for both, virtually the same name...Maybe the producer of the movie was listening to TOOL and thought "Hey, this would fit well with our movie" and decided to call up TOOL and propose and offer, and boom, it was on the soundtrack. Also, it wasn't The Grudge you heard, it was Parabola, it was on one of the episodes of Road Rules...Road Rules 9 l believe, perhaps 10. lt was on there because they were doing alot of physical training...and the referrence to pain being an illusion just suits what was going on during that time. Don't be suprised to see TOOL/A Perfect Circle videos and hear songs on different stations...they're both wonderful bands. lt's not so Maynard can get rich, or have publicity or something...l mean, Lateralus is about to be a Double Platnium selling CD...They don't need it...l think Maynard just enjoys expressing his music with people, and respects his fans.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:30 AM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

Some blader uses parabola as his skating music in tornaments (like the gravity games) dunno who though.

The Snake in MGS2: Sons o f Liberty is Soldi Snake,.. or David something. When he calls himself Plissken, he is using it as a cover so that Radien will not recognise who Snake really is and cock up the mission :p

Happy listening.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:43 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Oh, l see...thanks for the explaination.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: